Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Pretty interesting start. I wonder what the connection between the androids/synthetics and the Romulans is going to be (if they're after them purely for revenge for the attack on the relief convoy, or if there's something else going on). And I'm still curious if Picard's dreams are just the dreams of an old man or visions being caused by something external.

What does that even mean?
    If I were a Romulan I would be very upset with the genocidal androids.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Find a doctor. Your avatar and picture tell everything we need to know. I don't give a F about your president and your rant. I just don't want your politics in my scifi. And funny thing, Voyager is my favorite. Enjoy your empty brain dead virtue signalling.
    Star Trek has ALWAYS been political and social commentary. It was even TV’s first interracial kiss at a time when in much of the US was still segregated and “mixed relationships” were both socially and legally unacceptable.

Your problem is you’re too ashamed of yourself to look into the mirror that Picard holds up for you.
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I loved the first episode. I think I figured out the entire plot to the show though, based on it and the trailers.

Massive spoilers below. Also speculation.

I think we're going to learn in the next episode (when Picard goes and visits Starfleet Command) that the Dominion War's legacy, the legacy of Shinzon's attempt to attack Earth and the Borg incursions is an irrevocably changed Startfleet and that Picard's resignation in the wake of the aborted evacuation effort was the proverbial straw on top of many other changes that outraged Picard. Starfleet shifted from an exploration and diplomacy centric organization to one whose goal is primarily border security and defense. I also think that the reporter's hostile comments towards the Romulans reflects a Federation that saw billions killed in the Dominion War and many thousands killed in Borg attacks that very much looks inward and is suspicious of outsiders. A kind of "Federation First" racist mindset, also shown in the android ban. One that is afraid of pushing frontiers, be it actual exploration of space or the development of new technologies like androids (aka "synthetics" here).

I think we're going to learn that the Romulan Empire is no more. The Hobus Subernova of 2387 shattered it and the Romulan diaspora spread across the Beta and Alpha Quadrants... a people without a home besides a small, rump Romulan Remnant. The Federation is home to many Romulan refugees. However much of the former space of the Romulan Star Empire is occupied by the Klingon Empire, which is more powerful than it's been in over 100 years.

I think that General Ross's prediction in DS9 has basically come true in a sense. He said that after the Dominion War, the Klingon Empire, which suffered the worst of it, would take 20 years to fully recover, leaving the Romulan Star Empire and the Federation as the local galaxy's two principal powers to fight it out for quadrant supremacy. However the Hobus Supernova effectively destroyed the power of the former, and the latter abandoned its historic role in local space soon after. This lead the Klingon Empire to reconstitute its former strength over the last 14 years without any direct competition, and its post-Dominion War philosophy is a back-to-the-old-ways of conquest and expansion not seen since the time of Kirk, or before. There is no more Khitomer Accords, and the Federation and Klingon Empire are hostile with each other. Not outright war, but not peace. They mostly avoid each other, with the Federation largely ignoring Klingon empire-building beyond its area of interest and the Klingon's mostly trying to avoid direct conflict with the Federation that would change the UFP's isolationist policy.

(Side Note: Patrick Stewart said that this show was inspired by the changed world we live in, both in America and beyond, since the end of the TNG movies and I think the above hits the notes of the modern "America First" mindset, and the newfound competition between Russia and the United States which looked to be very friendly in the post-Cold War era, and 20 years later that cooperation given way to generally hostile relations again as Russia under Putin went retro in a sense).
    So I think that's the set up. The Federation and Klingons are hostile. The Klingons control much of old Romulan Space and the Romulan people are spread everywhere. The galaxy's refugees (also topical).

So what or who is Dahj and why did the synthetic attack happens?

We only ever saw Maddox once in the entire pre-PIC canon, over 30 years ago, and after that he's been mentioned twice. We have no idea what he's been up to since the mid 2360s and it is now 2399. Expect his characterization to be different (and casting).

I think Maddox never really changed after A Measure of a Man. I think we'll find he was tactical in his retreat during the hearing (realizing he lost the argument in that setting), but still saw androids as tools and not true life forms. I think we'll find that after the Dominion War, elements of Starfleet, which lost many thousands of starships and millions of officers and enlisted personnel, decided to create an all-android army, to man starships and fight future wars, so that no war against the Federation would cost Federation lives ever again. Maddox was put in charge of creating that secret army that would man a secret armada of warships.

The ships that attacked Mars in 2387? The secret ships of the secret army (in the trailers they have a Starfleet logo on them, but not in Short Trek). The image above is of them. Compact ships in the vein of the Defiant, built for war. What does the Defiant-after-the-Defiant look like? Right there, we saw them. The androids didn't get their ships out of the blue.

[img]https://cdn3.whatculture.com/images/2019/12/a8321b110c815166-600x338.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/QTjXGn0.png[/img]

Maddox, as it turns out, could not create a truly sentient positronic neural net akin to Data, but succeeded in replicating Soong-type androids physical design and then equipped them with a basic positronic neural net that could take orders and operate vehicles and strategize, but was not sentient. He could not fully recreate Soong's work. What he got instead were a step closer than before Data, but still far off. Very much like a machine, like Maddox envisioned. But far from his vision of also creating a true successor to Data.

So why did they attack Mars and kill 90,000 people? I think a security minded Starfleet Admiral on behalf of the Starfleet clique who oversaw Maddox ordered them to attack without Maddox's approval. They used the androids for plausible deniability. I think it was an attempt to prevent 900 million Romulan refugees from entering Starfleet's borders, a security risk in the eyes of "Federation Nationalists" after the Federation still had not fully recovered from a pretty-tough-go since the Cardassian Wars of the 2350s, the Borg attacks, the Dominion War and so forth. The synthetics were used because who else would destroy a massive fleet as it was being built? Starfleet officers? Of course not.

As for Maddox, I think in the wake of the attack on Mars, the betrayal by his employers and evident end of all synthetic research of any type in the Federation and his creations being used against Starfleet drove him [I]somewhat [/I]mad and into deep space. Starfleet isn't making a secret army or secret armada anymore, or any synthetics. They lost track of him years ago.

So what is Maddox motivations now? He is a scientist and he wants to pursue his research. And he wants to know why of all the androids created by human beings, only Data had any kind of ethical code and could grow, learn and change. Lore was a monster. B-4 was too simple. He couldn't design the androids that attacked Mars any better. To do this he realized he needed to reconstitute Data's neural net (as described in Episode 1) for study from a single positronic neuron (which he had from B-4's Data-installed memories), something which was best accomplished via biological replication (new ST:PIC technobabble... just accept it). So he decided he needed to study alternative examples of advance synthetic-type technology, especially the merger of the biological and technological. He would learn, via the process, how to make truly sentient androids, capable and more of what Data was.

But where was one to find the merger of the biological and the technological? Of course. We know where. The Borg, who had the most advanced (and perhaps compatible) technology of this type anywhere in the galaxy. Maddox needed to study the Borg, specifically their nanoprobes and how they replicated. He hoped by merging what he knew from Data and what he could gain from Borg technology, he could biologically reconstitute Data's artificial neural net. And he could make an entire generation of androids from that biological-technological merger.

So where is he? With Dahj's sister (who with Dajh, despite looking to be in her 20s, is really only a few years old), in the rump state Romulan Remnant ruled over by whats left of the the Tal Shiar. Why? Because the Romulan Remnant had a deactivated Borg cube. When the Borg Collective was destroyed in 2378, all ships gradually became inert. One ship, damaged somehow, was left stranded in Romulan space. The Romulan Star Empire mined it for technology for years before the Hobus Star went Supernova. With the Empire gone, the Borg Cube became one of the few things of value the Remnant had left.

The Romulan Remnant in 2399 are mining the cube for all the technology they can in order to build better ships, better shields, better weapons and a synthetic army to man them (since they don't have enough troops), with the goal of pushing the Klingon Empire out of their historic space and restoring the Romulan Star Empire. Maddox, feeling betrayed by whatever elements of Starfleet used his androids in 2387 to attack Mars (and not truly defend the Federation) has absolutely no compunction about helping the Romulans do this. He isn't wanting revenge on the Federation... i.e. attack Earth or something, but he has no problem with helping their historic adversaries now do other things that don't target the federation. He wouldn't mind though if the Admirals who betrayed him got what was coming to them by facing the threat of a reborn Romulan Star Empire backed by an army of androids that Starfleet pioneered. One of those things I think will be a Romulan attack on Vulcan, as revenge for Spock failing to prevent the destruction of Romulus. The Romulans might attempt this towards the last episode.
    [img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rntSOoADdp8/XTOgkgE4xiI/AAAAAAAA9WU/De90XqQ07gUbnqgN5rdNz1w-IQ1LHpsawCKgBGAs/s1600/Picard%2Btrailer%2Bscreencap%2B%252811%2529.jpg[/img]

The deal is straight forward: the Romulans want help building their synthetic army to push the Klingons out, strike at Vulcan and restore the Empire. Maddox wants access to Borg tech. So they help each other. As part of his process of scientific discovery, Maddox begins infecting poor Romulans without homes and others that are taken prisoner by the Remnant with Borg Nanoprobes to see how it reconsitutes their neutral pathways. By learning how they grow in a brain, he hopes he can perfect the process in androids.
    Picard's role in this will be (with his team) discovering the above and at the end, exposing it to the galaxy at large.

We've seen in previews he goes to Starfleet looking for reinstatement to pursue this and is rudely rejected by an Admiral. That's because the clique at Starfleet that oversaw the destruction of the relief fleet and activated the androids now nearly runs the entire organization. A Starfleet run by, basically, Federation Nationalists and Xenophobes.
    Picard starts to access old contacts to follow the leads he has, one of which is Borg nanoparticles discovered on his clothes, blasted onto him when Dahj's exploded. He meets with Seven of Nine, who has been a kind of Alpha-Beta Quadrant freelance trouble shooter ever since the Federation started looking inwards. She directs Picard to Hugh.
    Hugh's been spending years with ex-Borg, trying to reconstitute a life for themselves without the collective. He tells Hugh what he knows. Hugh says there have been rumors of a lost Borg ship in the Beta Quadrant for years, but it's believed to be deep inside the most heavily defended part of the Romulan Remnant. Picard tells Hugh what he thinks might be happening. Hugh tells Picard this is extraordinarily dangerous because the process being used might accidentally reactivate the dormant Borg Collective across the entire galaxy, with Dajh's sister as a new queen.

Picard and his crew planet hop and follow more leads, ending up inextricably at the Cube, where it encounter's Dajh's sister. One of the Romulans of Picard's group betrays them because the prospect of a restored Romulan Empire proves too attractive an opportunity to pass up.

Dahj's sister at first doesn't believe what she learns from Picard but is eventually convinced by finding data on her own. They encounter Maddox where much of the above infodump is laid out more concisely. Seven of Nine and Hugh comes to rescue them. They disable Maddox and begin to flee with Picard and Dajh's sister and the rest of the crew. Maddox wants her brought back, so prematurely activates his Romulan-type synthetics and all Borg nano-probes. Ultimately Hugh's fears prove right, and the Borg in the cube begin to activate and the synthetics start to turn into quasi-Borg. Picard, Dahj's sister and co and attempt to flee the Cube as the Borg start assimilating people left and right in it. This is made more difficult because Dajh's sister starts to hear the toughts of the nascent collective and is slowing transforming into a Queen.

Hugh is somehow injured in the escape. Ultimately he volunteers to stay behind and destroy the cube (and everything in it) by activating the self destruct, whichwill also stop Dahj's sister's transformation. This is who a crying Seven of Nine is hugging in the teasers. Picard and co escape, and the cube, Maddox and everything inside of it are destroyed. The threat of a Borg revival is gone for good. And Picard has the evidence he needs to hold those in Starfleet who betrayed the Federation and the Romulans in 2387 to account.

Mirroring the media interview in Episode 1, Picard goes public with the information in another interview and shows off Dahj's sister. He introduces her as Data's daughter and an example of why synthetic technology can be pursued for good and how the Federation was wrong to turn away from frontiers of all types (and its historic role in the Alpha Quandrant). He also exposes Starfleet's role in the attack on Mars.
    Starfleet's Admiralty clique, including the Admiral in Episode 2, are arrested as are several members of the Federation council. The President of the Federation offers the most senior admiral untainted by the conspiracy the job as Starfleet Commander in Chief. That Admiral is Picard. Picard sets out to head a new program in order to build a a fleet of exploratory ships, exploring new worlds and seek out new civilizations and to make Starfleet the Starfleet we all hope it could be and it once was.

Dajh's sister's positronic neurons are used as envisioned and explained in Episode 1 to reconstitute Data's neural net in it's last form. That net is rebuilt inside the body of B-4 (foreshadowed in Episode 1) or perhaps in a new "biological android" body. Data has returned, and his new role will be that of a real father to Dajh's sister. The point will be made that Data is going to learn what it means to be a father and Dajh's sister is going to learn what it means to have one (because Maddox was just using her for his own ends).

So all seems set right in the Galaxy, doesn't it? Of course not!

Cut to the last scene of the season (the set up to Season 2). In the Klingon High Council's Chambers they're watching the broadcast of Starfleet C-in-C Admiral Picard pledging to return Starfleet to its historic role. As it ends, the High Council starts to argue loudly about what to do. The past 12 years of expansion without Federation pushback have been a boon in rebuilding the Empire. We'll see TNG, TOS and DIS Klingons in this scene. Suddenly there someone says (loudly) to be silent, and the entire High Council shuts up.

That someone is the Chancellor of the Klingon Empire, Chancellor Worf of House Martok. Cut-to-credits. End of Season 1. (note: it's been speculated Michael Dorn makes a secret season 1 cameo ever since his signature was spotted on something only members of the cast signed).

This aged, grizzled, one-eyed Worf who is a very different person than the man we last saw in late 2379. The last 20 years have not been kind. Picard lost himself after the Hobus Supernova and everything that happened there by retreating to the family home and a life that wasn't really ever his. Worf, outraged that the Federation that he gave so much of his life to would spend such extreme resources and care on the Romulan Empire whose manipulations had wrecked his life on more than one occasion, retreated deep into the temptation of Klingon traditionalism and the worst side of himself. He sampled the Federation way, felt burned by it, and came away the perfect leader for a new expansion era for the Empire, after he killed Martok (this stuff would be in Season 2) for being too weak.

This would set the broad story for Season 2: the new C-in-C of Starfleet, Admiral Picard, facing direct opposition (and possibly direct conflict) sourced other great friend from the Enterprise, who just so happens to be Chancellor of the other Great Power of the Alpha Quadrant that just so happens to be at its strongest point in over a century. Picard's story arc in S2 would touch on one of his signature achievements - his diplomatic relationship with the Klingon Empire - and would involve Picard trying to help a bitter, old, angry Chancellor Worf find his way back to the better person he was, as Picard did in S1.

- - - Updated - - -

No way. Fully disagree. More relevant than ever.

If you're disgusted with what America has become as its betrayed its values under Trump - and most Americans do - this resonates deeply.

Newsweek, I believe, rightly called it the most political show on TV. That was also intentional on the part of Patrick Stewart.
    my theory, the synthetics were a weapon that the federation (section 31) used to prevent helping the Romulans and thereby destroy the oldest enemy of the federation.

I believe that the cube is controlled by the federation that the Romulan Star Empire no longer exists and the Romulans are part of the Federation as well as all its territory and its technology. the federation is now the biggest power in the entire galaxy and is the first step to become the fascist empire in 1000 years in the future as we will see in discovery and as more or less hints at short trek calypso

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    You are "literally" completely wrong.
    No, you clearly haven't. Because if you had, you'd know that every single fucking series has been rife with corruption regarding any story dealing with Starfleet itself, Earth, or it's inhabitants.

Just a few things for you to look up: Harcourt Fenton Mudd, Richard Daystrom (for whom the institute was named), Bruce Maddox (yep, sorry kiddo, he's from TNG), Vash, the U.S.S. Equinox, Admiral Satie, Admiral Pressman, Admiral Dougherty, Admiral Jameson, Admiral Leyton, and pretty much every other admiral ever shown on the original four series with only a few, rare exceptions.

Utopia my fucking ass.
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2020-01-24 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I biggest complaint is the current view of the Federation. Corruption, abuse of power, hidden agenda... all of it makes for compelling entertainment but it's not Star Trek. Star Trek was a show about us overcoming those most damaging aspects of our collective growth. We are to see a better world in the future and work to achieve it. Not by any means possible but by being the example of what we want to be in the future. Star Trek is an Utopian fantasy not a Dystopian one... that is the problem with this new form of story telling. Yes outside forces could impact us but our compassion and ingenuity will allow us to overcome all outside threats and even turn former enemies into trusted friends. Being a show about exploration for the sake of discovering the unknown and bringing forth the values we hold dear into the greater universe... that is what Star Trek is about.
    Do you remember star trek tng when it dealt with topics like the Cardassian and Bajorans and the Maqui? Do you remember star trek DS9 when the federation tries to make a genocide with the founders? Or when they killed an ambassador they break up to take an entire civilization to a bloody war where millions died?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

He created the Star Trek idea, but most of the details and episodes and characterizations people love about Star Trek came from other people.

Roddenberry was an idea guy, not an implementation guy.
    Very true, but those who implemented his vision stuck to the basic spine of his story which was the utopian Federation future until JJ Abrams and Kutzman made it boom-boom yelling action space fighting.[/QUOTE]

The final seasons of Star Trek TNG where the conflict with the Maqui and the problems with the Cardassians and Bajoran never passed, Star Trek DS9 does not exist.

It does make me laugh, when people say Trek isn't Utopian anymore... As if 90% of Utopian Sci Fi isn't about showing us a seemingly Uptopian culture and then digging beneath the surface, to show us the corruption underneath.

This has been a recurring theme in Trek for YEARS. Pretty much since ToS. Not sure why it's suddenly a problem.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Twenty Six is live! In which we discuss the ongoing compilation series HFAR, and share our new Playlist based on it.

https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/26-blog-26

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Overall a good start but i hated 3 things:

-Kelvin timeline. Blehhhhhhhh. Just erase it.

-Mandatory stupid kungfu action scenes and mindless shooting scenes.... in Star Trek... I laughed so hard when they visibly had to use a Picard stunt double just to make him run up on a stair

-The Federation depicted as the evil willing to let 900 million people die.... because ... "they are the enemy" ... Yeah, just like the Klingons were and doing the honorable right thing won them over. But now suddenly the government is the nazi party. And for what? Patrick Stewart literally told in an interview it's there to reflect to the current american politics... aka "orange man bad". Roddenberry is spinning in his grave
    Do you remember when the federation tried to make a genocide to the founders?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    No, you clearly haven't. .
    Yes I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Another spoilery possibility:

Dahj tells Picard her father named a splicing of the genus of two orchids, "yellow and pink", after her. Probably a veiled reference to android (yellow) and organic (pink).

i like how you squeezed in the Andorian slur for "hoomons" into your analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Star Trek DS9 does not exist.
    You are right. I wasn't taking DS9 into account and I haven't really watched a lot of that series. Just heard about it second hand.

Do you remember when the federation tried to make a genocide to the founders?
    To be fair it was not the Federation doing it. They merely didn't want to deliver the cure if I remember correctly. The ones who actually infected the founders was Section 31, which is not actually an official Federation group.

But yes, the argument that Star Trek is just supposed to be a utopia where everybody holds hands is silly. Conflict, corruption, evil always have been a part of Star Trek, as much as progress, peace and a better tomorrow. The Federation and the future in general DO represent a quasi utopia, but that doesn't mean that everyone is an angel and that there are no problems. Earth and other planets may be pretty much without major problems, but that is not true for the entire galaxy. The same flaws that humans have nowadays are still found in people and will thrive under the right circumstances. It's just that because of superior technology, most people are never put into such situations.

Watch this, it explains it perfectly:

Would make for a pretty boring show if everything was swell and fine.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2020-01-24 at 07:50 PM.

You are right. I wasn't taking DS9 into account and I haven't really watched a lot of that series. Just heard about it second hand.
    the federation has not been utopian for a long time corrupt admirals and section 31 exist

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Pretty interesting start. I wonder what the connection between the androids/synthetics and the Romulans is going to be (if they're after them purely for revenge for the attack on the relief convoy, or if there's something else going on). And I'm still curious if Picard's dreams are just the dreams of an old man or visions being caused by something external.

What does that even mean?
    It means the franchise is crashing and burning because of a idiot named Kurtzman, and it's better the franchise be dead than a idiot constantly defiling it.

The episode had more holes than swiss cheese and that was just episode 1

- - - Updated - - -

the federation has not been utopian for a long time corrupt admirals and section 31 exist
    Except it has been, Section 31 was around since before the Federation was even made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Star Trek has ALWAYS been political and social commentary. It was even TV’s first interracial kiss at a time when in much of the US was still segregated and “mixed relationships” were both socially and legally unacceptable.

Your problem is you’re too ashamed of yourself to look into the mirror that Picard holds up for you.
    Star Trek was always political...as in it discussed things often from multiple points of view, it didn't shove them down your throat like Discovery and Picard are doing.
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

#WithoutRespectWeReject

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    To be fair it was not the Federation doing it. They merely didn't want to deliver the cure if I remember correctly. The ones who actually infected the founders was Section 31, which is not actually an official Federation group.

But yes, the argument that Star Trek is just supposed to be a utopia where everybody holds hands is silly. Conflict, corruption, evil always have been a part of Star Trek, as much as progress, peace and a better tomorrow. The Federation and the future in general DO represent a quasi utopia, but that doesn't mean that everyone is an angel and that there are no problems.

Would make for a pretty boring show if everything was swell and fine.
    Section 31 is a covert operations organization, and yes! It's official they have their own offices and bases.

Section 31 is a covert operations organization, and yes! It's official they have their own offices and bases.
    Are you sure about that? I recall they were never officially sanctioned and were basically a rogue operation.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Section_31

Except the idiot writers of Discovery made them overt because they don't give a shit about canon.

#WithoutRespectWeReject

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I've got a friend who's a huge Original Series/Next Gen fan and he's constantly complaining of "Blatant SJW Agendas" in today's shows, particularly with calling out Nazis and Fascism.

And yet, he got mad at me when I called out that the Original Series literally had a story set on a planet full of Nazis. >_<

- - - Updated - - -

99% of ALL Sci-Fi has been a reflection of current events, ESPECIALLY STAR TREK!!!

I mean, shit, one of Next Gen's more popular episodes - the one where Picard lives a whole virtual life on another planet - was an episode warning about Global Warming! >_<

I think your problem isn't that you don't want Politics in Sci-Fi, it's that you want to return to an age where real-life politics didn't matter to you, so you didn't ever notice it in your Sci-Fi shows when you were younger.
    ToS has one of the best anti-racism episodes that exist !!! Let That Be Your Last Battlefield

Are you sure about that? I recall they were never officially sanctioned and were basically a rogue operation.

In Discovery they're a overt organization where Starfleet openly works with them and builds them their own fleet and gear...because they don't care about canon at all.

#WithoutRespectWeReject

Good first episode, not great, like The Mando's first show, The Mandorlian, first few minutes was fucking amazing, and the entire first episode was GREAT.

But the preview video for the season for Picard does seem like it will build up to something super cool. Crossing fingers it really does grow into something amazing.

Few nitpicks;

- Androids are bad now? Come on, by the year 2400 Androids and Robots will be so commonplace and just a part of life, no way they ban them. Heck, humans in that era will be part cyborgs

- When Picard fights on that stairway building, where's the Security forces? If there's an Admiral walking around Starfleet in that future time, they'd know exactly who and where he is at all times, and most likely have drone security following him as a secret service type of thing to protect him.

- Overall theme and look of the show, seems like something from the near future, like 50 to 75 years from now, not like something from way out 300 years in the future. I think if human progress and technology keeps advancing in 300 years it will be wildly different place, humans will be half robotic, and living for hundreds of years, ageing will be stopped, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    It means the franchise is crashing and burning because of a idiot named Kurtzman, and it's better the franchise be dead than a idiot constantly defiling it.

The episode had more holes than swiss cheese and that was just episode 1

- - - Updated - - -

Except it has been, Section 31 was around since before the Federation was even made.

- - - Updated - - -

Star Trek was always political...as in it discussed things often from multiple points of view, it didn't shove them down your throat like Discovery and Picard are doing.
    Star Trek Tos showed how ridiculous and absurd that racism is simply and directly!

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when ash was officially appointed director of section 31