Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    So 7 of 9 is lesbian
    I haven't gotten to that part yet (only finished episode 5, taking our time with it) but I wonder what happened with Chakotay? I mean, that was a terrible out-of-the-blue relationship in the last episode of Voyager but I still wonder about it.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

God I wish Picard would stay dead, the rest of the crew would rename the ship after him and the next season would be just about them going on an adventure.

Also Seven of Nine looks better than ever, I hope she's going to be around.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2020-04-01 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Also Seven of Nine looks better than ever, I hope she's going to be around.
    She is and always has been one of the best characters in ST to me, and certainly one of the best castings in the franchise's history. We all hope she sticks around, and that the silly little gesture that somehow made it into the final cut of the finale is just that, and not a diversity-driven roundhouse kick to the face.

As a non Star Trek fan I loved Picard. But I felt characters were underused such as Elnor, Rios and Raffy. Like they were built up, but nothing followed other than being background for Picard's character.

7 of 9 got cool scenes but I was also left feeling it was too little.

These short seasons are just too short. What happened with good old 20+ episode seasons..
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2020-04-01 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    As a non Star Trek fan I loved Picard. But I felt characters were underused such as Elnor, Rios and Raffy. Like they were built up, but nothing followed other than being background for Picard's character.

7 of 9 got cool scenes but I was also left feeling it was too little.

These short seasons are just too short. What happened with good old 20+ episode seasons..
    I like the casting and characters but for some reason I felt less engaged when it came to the story and also... less entertained. I feel like I was enjoying both seasons of Discovery a lot more!

Stood in the Fire
    FYI -
    Two women holding hands doesn't mean lesbian relationship.

And even bigger point in the 'read to much into stuff?' - the two characters 'holding hands' at the end scene was ad-libbed last minute by both actresses. Wasn't written. Wasn't scripted. Its how the actresses decided to leave the last scene. So it means absolutely nothing.

Unless the writers decide to make it mean something next season. But right now, it means nothing and it meant nothing when the actresses chose to do it.

On other notes: Not saying Picard is wondermous but I really don't get all the Orville love. Stuck with that show hoping for something for 2+ seasons before giving up. I chuckled a few times in the first season and never chuckled again. Some of the plots were fine, but after 2 seasons I could honestly say I didn't care what happened to any of the characters - which is why I just gave up watching. And after the "we get rid of this character and actress (for no sensical character reason) and replace them next episode with an actress who looks remarkably the same" it wasn't too much longer after that I stopped wasting my time.

Glad people like it - but I tried, I really did try. And felt the series was, at best, mediocre across the board. If that's where Seth's writing is at 'its best' now, then something happened. I always found Family Guy (his years) to be hilarious. But I never really laughed at anything in Orville past the series premiere.

As for 20+ episodes a season - yea we're gonna miss those days. Now the only people doing such seasons are regular broadcast tv - and even they are trying to get away with shortening seasons there too. If its streaming - just accept we won't get more than 10 episodes, and sometimes not even then. Netflix normalized it for everyone and, now that tv companies see they don't have to do it anymore, they are going to do 8-10 and leave it. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet. Its all we got. :/
    Last edited by Koriani; 2020-04-01 at 09:59 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    FYI -

And even bigger point in the 'read to much into stuff?' - the two characters 'holding hands' at the end scene was ad-libbed last minute by both actresses. Wasn't written. Wasn't scripted. Its how the actresses decided to leave the last scene. So it means absolutely nothing.

Unless the writers decide to make it mean something next season. But right now, it means nothing and it meant nothing when the actresses chose to do it.

On other notes: Not saying Picard is wondermous but I really don't get all the Orville love. Stuck with that show hoping for something for 2+ seasons before giving up. I chuckled a few times in the first season and never chuckled again. Some of the plots were fine, but after 2 seasons I could honestly say I didn't care what happened to any of the characters - which is why I just gave up watching. And after the "we get rid of this character and actress (for no sensical character reason) and replace them next episode with an actress who looks remarkably the same" it wasn't too much longer after that I stopped wasting my time.

Glad people like it - but I tried, I really did try. And felt the series was, at best, mediocre across the board. If that's where Seth's writing is at 'its best' now, then something happened. I always found Family Guy (his years) to be hilarious. But I never really laughed at anything in Orville past the series premiere.

As for 20+ episodes a season - yea we're gonna miss those days. Now the only people doing such seasons are regular broadcast tv - and even they are trying to get away with shortening seasons there too. If its streaming - just accept we won't get more than 10 episodes, and sometimes not even then. Netflix normalized it for everyone and, now that tv companies see they don't have to do it anymore, they are going to do 8-10 and leave it. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet. Its all we got. :/
    Please, orville is mile sbette rthen anything currently in trek and that´s not even debateble.

If you have writers/regisseurs who come in with the idea that deliberatly pissing off the fanbase is a good thing and exactly what we need, then you deserve the shit you get, but then don´t bitch about it being shit and be mad when w eother laugh at your stupidity for not beliving us as we told you it would be shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Please, orville is mile sbette rthen anything currently in trek and that´s not even debateble.
    That would be your opinion and I guarantee many people disagree with it. Personally, I couldn't even get through one episode of Orville without thinking "what is this shit?".
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

FYI -
    Under normal circumstances, you're completely right.

The context of that scene, however, suggests strongly that it's exactly that.

You can turn yourself blue trying to convince yourself otherwise, but you're just plainly and objectively wrong. Especially since that's at least the second time in that single season in which Seven was shown to be at least bisexual.

FYI -

Where did you learn this?

personally I thoroughly enjoyed Picard, even though (or maybe even because?) it reminded me so much of Mass Effect at times
    good balance of nostalgic cameos and interesting new characters. shame about Hugh dying though

haven't watched Discovery yet but may do at some point. I'm far more interested in continuing the established timeline though rather than prequel after prequel after prequel

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yup. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: some of the greatest shows EVER have weak first season.

Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Farscape. All shows with mediocre to bad first season, that went on to be much loved fan favourites.
    Breaking Bad, Buffy and Sopranos had not week seasons...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Maybe everyone here has already talked about this but could Dr. Alton Soong actually be ... Lore?
    unlikely. Lore got dissasambled by Cmd. Data.

Finally finished the series, the plot was...meh, but the characters were pretty awesome so I largely didn't give a shit about the plot about defeating the Geth, I mean, Reapers, I mean Skynet, I mean, oh you get it.

And that Data ending, fucking touching. Bit of meta-commentary there yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!