Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    It will be on Amazon, it says so in the trailer....
    i've watched the trailer several times.. never mentions amazon are you outside of the US? It's going to be on CBS All-access like Disco, for 5.00 a month in the US
    Member:BFA Alpha, Member since 2/7/2018

It'll be on CBS, but they have a deal with Amazon so you can get their channel as an added subscription through Amazon Prime. That's why it's all over Amazon.

They like to toot their own horn at every opportunity, just like Netflix puts "An Original Netflix Movie" on stuff that they didn't make.
    Last edited by Biomega; 2019-10-06 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Mass-produced Soong-style androids?

TOS-era Romulan Bird of Prey?

The fuck is going on...
    Glad to see someone else noticed the androids. Reminds me of what Picard said about slave androids in "Measure of a Man." As for the Birds of Prey, since the destruction of Romulus, I would not be surprised if the Empire (what's left of it) had to rely on old ships for its defense. Or the Romulans returned to old designs because retro is trendy over there...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    i've watched the trailer several times.. never mentions amazon are you outside of the US? It's going to be on CBS All-access like Disco, for 5.00 a month in the US
    Watched both trailers posted here and didn't see any mention of Amazon so I looked it up and yes, outside of the US it will be on Amazon Prime it seems. In the US, you will be able to watch it through Amazon as well, but not with Prime. CBS has a deal to stream their All Access stuff through Amazon if you have a subscription to All Access. I believe what the previous poster was getting at is the fact that outside of the US, ST: Discovery is currently on Netflix so I guess it is a little odd that Picard will be on Prime and not Netflix outside the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Looked like the Federation were either building or re-building a Borg cube for themselves, since it had blue lights/shielding instead of the distinctive green it usually has.
    In the other trailer, you can see that all writings in the Borg cube are in English, but there are also several Romulan Star Empire eagles. A joint operation? If I'm not mistaken, that borg cub was also full of those red-clad men. We now know they could be androids. What safer way to play with borg technology than to use unassimilable androids?
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Watched both trailers posted here and didn't see any mention of Amazon so I looked it up and yes, outside of the US it will be on Amazon Prime it seems. In the US, you will be able to watch it through Amazon as well, but not with Prime. CBS has a deal to stream their All Access stuff through Amazon if you have a subscription to All Access. I believe what the previous poster was getting at is the fact that outside of the US, ST: Discovery is currently on Netflix so I guess it is a little odd that Picard will be on Prime and not Netflix outside the US.
    that makes sense and yes it is odd hmm...
    Member:BFA Alpha, Member since 2/7/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    7 of 9 being in it seems pretty significant regarding borg involvement as well.
    Hugh is in a few shots in the trailer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    In the other trailer, you can see that all writings in the Borg cube are in English, but there are also several Romulan Star Empire eagles. A joint operation? If I'm not mistaken, that borg cub was also full of those red-clad men. We now know they could be androids. What safer way to play with borg technology than to use unassimilable androids?
    What could go wrong?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    7 of 9 being in it seems pretty significant regarding borg involvement as well.
    Or maybe it's because even at 50 Jeri Ryan is still a complete bombshell, and her character's introduction in VOY was both a) a huge ratings boost and b) a fan favorite.

Even if nothing happens with the Borg in Picard, the two characters are somewhat similar in that they know what being assimilated is like.

Edit: I stand somewhat corrected because the trailer is finally accessible where I live. Definitely Borg shenanigans going on. Here's hoping it's the OG terrifying as fuck TNG Borg back, and not like whatever bullshit Discovery pulled with the Klingons.
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2019-10-06 at 04:14 PM.
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

yes, I am outside the us for me the trailer says 26.01.2020 on amazon prime....

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Looked like the Federation were either building or re-building a Borg cube for themselves, since it had blue lights/shielding instead of the distinctive green it usually has.
    Since 7 of 9 is involved, this could very well be the start of the Borg Cooperative, freed/former Borg drones who work together to free the rest of the collective.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Spot on, I was. It was a little odd, but it makes a little more sense. Rights are sorted out differently outside the U.S . I guess because the interantional market is secondary and every federation/country has different rules (at least the places that have rules)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Hit me in the feels like a kick to the groin.
    I scoffed at the idea of this trailer hitting me in the feels.

Then I watched it. Feels were hit.

These trailers are setting the bar pretty damn high for this show. I can’t recall the last time I was this hyped for a TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It'll be on CBS, but they have a deal with Amazon so you can get their channel as an added subscription through Amazon Prime. That's why it's all over Amazon.

They like to toot their own horn at every opportunity, just like Netflix puts "An Original Netflix Movie" on stuff that they didn't make.
    The vast majority of the world is getting it from Amazon Prime. Have you heard of NordVPN? I know I have....
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Since 7 of 9 is involved, this could very well be the start of the Borg Cooperative, freed/former Borg drones who work together to free the rest of the collective.
    Weren't the Borg destroyed when the Queen died in First Contact and then again in Voyager? Without her is there even a collective left?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The vast majority of the world is getting it from Amazon Prime. Have you heard of NordVPN? I know I have....
    And for some reason us Canadians are getting it on TV and Bell's streaming service.
    Khadgar: "Well Zergy, are you armed?"

*Does a facepalm using [Blackhand's Severed Arm]*

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Weren't the Borg destroyed when the Queen died in First Contact and then again in Voyager? Without her is there even a collective left?
    I'm sure the Borg would just adapt. Not to mention that unless there's some weird time travel explanation, the queen who died during First Contact was replaced by the queen from Voyager anyway, so that's already an example of succession. It's also possible the "queen" just exists in the Collective and simply takes on a body as needed (which would explain why the Voyager queen was so familiar with Seven-of-Nine since her childhood, which predates First Contact). What happened during Endgame in Voyager would have been a major setback, but if it was that simple to destroy the Borg they'd have done it a long time ago. We've seen similar attacks on them before (during the Locutus arc, the Vinculum, Icheb, etc.) and they usually remain fairly localized in the extent of damage they cause.

That being said, we have no idea what the story of Picard's Borg is going to be. Who knows where they're going, and how consistent or inconsistent it will be with previous storylines.

they are probably just like any other civilization of this type: they just revert back to their core drives and rebuild, "all" the queen does is allow for more complex behaviors.

you can see it in plenty of star trek episodes. when borg are separated from the collective they always try something like assimilate the local area, steal a ship to return, build a transmitter to ask for help, whatever is the most viable approach for their situation.

i think that star trek online game is canon too, and they expand on a lot of this stuff. (iirc they eventually managed to assimilate species 8472 too in that game, so thats fun if canon.)
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-10-07 at 02:08 AM.

What assurance do we have that 1) she’s the only queen 2) she doesn’t need to die a third time 3) they can’t create create a new queen?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What assurance do we have that 1) she’s the only queen 2) she doesn’t need to die a third time 3) they can’t create create a new queen?
    There was a Star Trek short about the Borg from the perspective of a Vulcan studying them. The Vulcan found that there were many "Queens" that provided stability, and they were specifically being farmed from a particular species that had superior mental faculties for fulfilling the role of "Queen". The short later goes on with the Vulcan hoping to supplant the Borg Queen species with herself as the new Queen and perhaps Vulcans later on.

Star Trek short in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anMOQ3vTy9k
    What are you willing to sacrifice?