Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Okay, you actually made me laugh. It took me some moments to remember that, as it happened, well... years ago.
    That's because I'm good at jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The show needs a plot. That woman is the plot. Picard is the hero. We barely see the woman in the teaser, while we are seeing Picard in almost all the scenes. Don't worry, Patrick Stewart is the star of the show.

- - - Updated - - -

He's French. He's more likely to play pétanque or belote.
    He is the star, but the show is obviously about her and him keeping her safe. I don't remember every scene when the previews of Discovery came out revolving all around Burnham, but the whole show sure as shit revolves around her.

It's obvious bait, it's already been said that Spiner isn't going to be around the entire show but they made a big point about him coming back in the previews, probably a similar thing with Jeri Ryan as well. All just bait to get people hooked and it's working.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    He is the star, but the show is obviously about her and him keeping her safe. I don't remember every scene when the previews of Discovery came out revolving all around Burnham, but the whole show sure as shit revolves around her.

It's obvious bait, it's already been said that Spiner isn't going to be around the entire show but they made a big point about him coming back in the previews, probably a similar thing with Jeri Ryan as well. All just bait to get people hooked and it's working.
    They never made any secret that Burnham would be the main character of Discovery. The woman is the plot of the show, the problem that Picard will have to solve. The show is called Star Trek : Picard. Of course it will revolve around Picard. But, yeah, that woman is a new character that will play an important part in the story. And what's the comparison with Burnham? What's the problem? Is it because she's a woman (like Burnham)? Is it because she's new character? You'd prefer to see old characters instead, that we know so much that we could guess if they prefer to wear briefs or boxers? How boring.

I'm glad to see Brent Spiner as Data again, even if I find the make-up a bit creepy. But I never thought we would see Data that much. Same with Riker and Troi. Again, it's about Jean-Luc Picard. This is not TNG Part Deux... As for Jeri Ryan, I'm not so sure. She may be playing a more important part. She was a Borg and I bet she is working on that captured borg ship. But yeah, this is bait. This is called marketing, and if people get hooked, that means they did a good job. How many "teasers" (the word says it all) have you seen that shows you the most boring parts? "Hey, sorry to interrupt, but err... here's our movie. Nothing special. Go watch a documentary instead."
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"