15+ Year Old Account

Loot quantity in raids

Something I do not remember, because I raided sparingly in vanilla, starting 6 months before BC; how much loot drops per boss? I remember reading somewhere that the MC bosses only dropped 2 items; is that correct? That seems ludicrously low. I bought the old Brady dungeon guide (great for nostalgia btw), but I don’t see where it says how many items drop, just what might drop. Thanks for any responses.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Yeah it was something like 2-4 pieces per boss one of the reasons it took so long to get a raid full resist gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Something I do not remember, because I raided sparingly in vanilla, starting 6 months before BC; how much loot drops per boss? I remember reading somewhere that the MC bosses only dropped 2 items; is that correct? That seems ludicrously low. I bought the old Brady dungeon guide (great for nostalgia btw), but I don’t see where it says how many items drop, just what might drop. Thanks for any responses.
    2-3 purple items, then about 1-2 blue items
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool; thanks for the responses!

That’s not all that bad. A complete MC or BWL would yield about 1 item per raider on average.

That’s not all that bad. A complete MC or BWL would yield about 1 item per raider on average.
    I mean some items were just crap and there were setitems for shamans and paladins for the wrong faction. Also recipes and crafting mats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    I mean some items were just crap and there were setitems for shamans and paladins for the wrong faction. Also recipes and crafting mats.
    Oh yeah, there are almost always dead drops. I remember plenty of first kills that had stuff nobody needed, just part of the game.

The shaman/paladin items for the wrong faction didn't start until the 2.0 patch when Blood Elf Paladins and Draenei Shaman were set to be added to the game in TBC so this should not be occurring in classic, at least in terms of raids.

You'll still see the mail/plate dungeon pieces for them because they're still viable choices for other classes to an extent but in terms of actual raid loot this shouldn't be an issue if it's running on 1.12 like they say it will.

7+ Year Old Account

abit less then 1 item
    cause you need to remember items for the opposite faction can drop, shaman and paladin gear can drop for both teams.
    also molten core has a few items that are just right out useless for pretty much anywhere...
    *cough* bear claw fist.

The question is, would you allow blizzard to block horde from getting paladin loot and Ally from getting Shaman loot? I wouldn’t see a big issue in it, but I’m someone that prefers QoL changes like the water walking mount shoes going to be implemented.

Alliance did not get shaman items. Horde did not get pally items. This only happened once BC prepatch came. That is not classic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Alliance did not get shaman items. Horde did not get pally items. This only happened once BC prepatch came. That is not classic.
    no, you are wrong mate.

Shaman gear was able to drop for alliance
    and paladin gear was able to drop for horde

seriously.

https://www.engadget.com/2006/12/07/...g-as-intended/

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, you are wrong mate.

Shaman gear was able to drop for alliance
    and paladin gear was able to drop for horde

seriously.

https://www.engadget.com/2006/12/07/...g-as-intended/
    *Links news article from December 7, 2006.
    *BC launches January 16, 2007.
    *Doesn't know what a prepatch is.

Might as well change your signature to "I didn't play Classic" right now.

" s e r i o u s l y . "

EDIT: lol the article you linked even mentions bc release date lmaomaomao dude stop.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2019-05-24 at 03:34 AM.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_2.0.1

patch launched dec 5, 2006. the article linked is dec 7. faction swapped drops didnt happen til bc prepatch

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone got wrecked.

I never saw a single piece of Shaman gear until *AFTER* 2.0.1 Pre-Patch.

my server's first KT kill got the Shaman ring, actually

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Vendorstrike
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    2 items per boss not counting majordomo/golemagg/ragnaros.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, even though there is way less loot dropping in classic, loot distribution is fairly straight forward. Some items have a lot of competition, but the majority is pretty easy to hand out because of 8 piece tier sets (less in AQ40, 9 pieces in Naxx) and a lot of classes inability to actually equip certain items. Plenty of budget high end blue gear from UBRS, Scholomance, Dire Maul, Stratholme and BRD (along with quest chains) that lasts some classes for a few tiers of raiding content (hand of justice, 2% crit trinkets, etc).

Most bosses in MC dropped 2-3 pieces of loot, with Ragnaros dropping 4. BWL is largely the same, with Nefarian dropping 4 items and the head turn in for technically a 5th piece. Raids had a lot of trash, so BoE drops weren't that uncommon. AQ40 was basically the same, but I think Twin Emperors dropped 4 items and every boss in there had a low chance to drop regalia as a bonus piece of loot.

I raided all of Vanilla on Horde and never saw a single piece of Paladin loot until TBC pre-patch which was like a couple months of something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    The shaman/paladin items for the wrong faction didn't start until the 2.0 patch when Blood Elf Paladins and Draenei Shaman were set to be added to the game in TBC so this should not be occurring in classic, at least in terms of raids.

You'll still see the mail/plate dungeon pieces for them because they're still viable choices for other classes to an extent but in terms of actual raid loot this shouldn't be an issue if it's running on 1.12 like they say it will.
    actually when they unlock AQ there will be 'wrong class' gear dropping, as there's trash drop epics for paladins and shaman that could be looted by anyone they weren't tagged as faction exclusive, but other than that yeah there shouldn't be anything major causing problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks again for all the info, appreciate the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    actually when they unlock AQ there will be 'wrong class' gear dropping, as there's trash drop epics for paladins and shaman that could be looted by anyone they weren't tagged as faction exclusive, but other than that yeah there shouldn't be anything major causing problems.
    Yeah I was mainly referring to set pieces such as the Judgement/Elements type sets that started dropping after the TBC pre-patch. Trash drops and dungeon set drops always had a chance to drop and could still be used by other classes because they weren't class specific pieces.

Nothing felt as bad as my raid's first Nefarian kill after the 2.0 patch trying to farm out people's 8 piece sets and getting double drop of Ten Storms as an Alliance guild at the time.