1. #1
    Brewmaster taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,380

    Loot quantity in raids

    Something I do not remember, because I raided sparingly in vanilla, starting 6 months before BC; how much loot drops per boss? I remember reading somewhere that the MC bosses only dropped 2 items; is that correct? That seems ludicrously low. I bought the old Brady dungeon guide (great for nostalgia btw), but I don’t see where it says how many items drop, just what might drop. Thanks for any responses.
    If you can't be in athletics, be an athletic supporter.

  2. #2
    Yeah it was something like 2-4 pieces per boss one of the reasons it took so long to get a raid full resist gear.

  3. #3
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,266
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Something I do not remember, because I raided sparingly in vanilla, starting 6 months before BC; how much loot drops per boss? I remember reading somewhere that the MC bosses only dropped 2 items; is that correct? That seems ludicrously low. I bought the old Brady dungeon guide (great for nostalgia btw), but I don’t see where it says how many items drop, just what might drop. Thanks for any responses.
    2-3 purple items, then about 1-2 blue items
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  4. #4
    Brewmaster taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,380
    Cool; thanks for the responses!

    That’s not all that bad. A complete MC or BWL would yield about 1 item per raider on average.
    If you can't be in athletics, be an athletic supporter.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Cool; thanks for the responses!

    That’s not all that bad. A complete MC or BWL would yield about 1 item per raider on average.
    I mean some items were just crap and there were setitems for shamans and paladins for the wrong faction. Also recipes and crafting mats.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    I mean some items were just crap and there were setitems for shamans and paladins for the wrong faction. Also recipes and crafting mats.
    Oh yeah, there are almost always dead drops. I remember plenty of first kills that had stuff nobody needed, just part of the game.
    If you can't be in athletics, be an athletic supporter.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    I mean some items were just crap and there were setitems for shamans and paladins for the wrong faction. Also recipes and crafting mats.
    The shaman/paladin items for the wrong faction didn't start until the 2.0 patch when Blood Elf Paladins and Draenei Shaman were set to be added to the game in TBC so this should not be occurring in classic, at least in terms of raids.

    You'll still see the mail/plate dungeon pieces for them because they're still viable choices for other classes to an extent but in terms of actual raid loot this shouldn't be an issue if it's running on 1.12 like they say it will.

  8. #8
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,266
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Cool; thanks for the responses!

    That’s not all that bad. A complete MC or BWL would yield about 1 item per raider on average.
    abit less then 1 item
    cause you need to remember items for the opposite faction can drop, shaman and paladin gear can drop for both teams.
    also molten core has a few items that are just right out useless for pretty much anywhere...
    *cough* bear claw fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  9. #9
    The question is, would you allow blizzard to block horde from getting paladin loot and Ally from getting Shaman loot? I wouldn’t see a big issue in it, but I’m someone that prefers QoL changes like the water walking mount shoes going to be implemented.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    I mean some items were just crap and there were setitems for shamans and paladins for the wrong faction. Also recipes and crafting mats.
    Alliance did not get shaman items. Horde did not get pally items. This only happened once BC prepatch came. That is not classic.

  11. #11
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Alliance did not get shaman items. Horde did not get pally items. This only happened once BC prepatch came. That is not classic.
    no, you are wrong mate.

    Shaman gear was able to drop for alliance
    and paladin gear was able to drop for horde

    seriously.

    https://www.engadget.com/2006/12/07/...g-as-intended/
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, you are wrong mate.

    Shaman gear was able to drop for alliance
    and paladin gear was able to drop for horde

    seriously.

    https://www.engadget.com/2006/12/07/...g-as-intended/
    *Links news article from December 7, 2006.
    *BC launches January 16, 2007.
    *Doesn't know what a prepatch is.

    Might as well change your signature to "I didn't play Classic" right now.

    " s e r i o u s l y . "

    EDIT: lol the article you linked even mentions bc release date lmaomaomao dude stop.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2019-05-24 at 03:34 AM.

  13. #13
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_2.0.1

    patch launched dec 5, 2006. the article linked is dec 7. faction swapped drops didnt happen til bc prepatch

    [Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,025
    Someone got wrecked.

    I never saw a single piece of Shaman gear until *AFTER* 2.0.1 Pre-Patch.

    my server's first KT kill got the Shaman ring, actually

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, Vendorstrike
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I had BfA Alpha. Then I had BfA Beta. Now I has BfA. Meh
    No Classic Beta. Even if I got it I probably wouldn't play.

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Something I do not remember, because I raided sparingly in vanilla, starting 6 months before BC; how much loot drops per boss? I remember reading somewhere that the MC bosses only dropped 2 items; is that correct? That seems ludicrously low. I bought the old Brady dungeon guide (great for nostalgia btw), but I don’t see where it says how many items drop, just what might drop. Thanks for any responses.
    2 items per boss not counting majordomo/golemagg/ragnaros.

    retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    4,132
    Honestly, even though there is way less loot dropping in classic, loot distribution is fairly straight forward. Some items have a lot of competition, but the majority is pretty easy to hand out because of 8 piece tier sets (less in AQ40, 9 pieces in Naxx) and a lot of classes inability to actually equip certain items. Plenty of budget high end blue gear from UBRS, Scholomance, Dire Maul, Stratholme and BRD (along with quest chains) that lasts some classes for a few tiers of raiding content (hand of justice, 2% crit trinkets, etc).

    Most bosses in MC dropped 2-3 pieces of loot, with Ragnaros dropping 4. BWL is largely the same, with Nefarian dropping 4 items and the head turn in for technically a 5th piece. Raids had a lot of trash, so BoE drops weren't that uncommon. AQ40 was basically the same, but I think Twin Emperors dropped 4 items and every boss in there had a low chance to drop regalia as a bonus piece of loot.

    I raided all of Vanilla on Horde and never saw a single piece of Paladin loot until TBC pre-patch which was like a couple months of something.

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    The shaman/paladin items for the wrong faction didn't start until the 2.0 patch when Blood Elf Paladins and Draenei Shaman were set to be added to the game in TBC so this should not be occurring in classic, at least in terms of raids.

    You'll still see the mail/plate dungeon pieces for them because they're still viable choices for other classes to an extent but in terms of actual raid loot this shouldn't be an issue if it's running on 1.12 like they say it will.
    actually when they unlock AQ there will be 'wrong class' gear dropping, as there's trash drop epics for paladins and shaman that could be looted by anyone they weren't tagged as faction exclusive, but other than that yeah there shouldn't be anything major causing problems.

    retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

  18. #18
    Brewmaster taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,380
    Thanks again for all the info, appreciate the feedback!
    If you can't be in athletics, be an athletic supporter.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    actually when they unlock AQ there will be 'wrong class' gear dropping, as there's trash drop epics for paladins and shaman that could be looted by anyone they weren't tagged as faction exclusive, but other than that yeah there shouldn't be anything major causing problems.
    Yeah I was mainly referring to set pieces such as the Judgement/Elements type sets that started dropping after the TBC pre-patch. Trash drops and dungeon set drops always had a chance to drop and could still be used by other classes because they weren't class specific pieces.

    Nothing felt as bad as my raid's first Nefarian kill after the 2.0 patch trying to farm out people's 8 piece sets and getting double drop of Ten Storms as an Alliance guild at the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •