Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Darth Revan is now canon once more. However it seems they have changed his lore to his future legion being Sith instead of independent and serves Palpatine in TROS
    https://www.gamesradar.com/kotors-da...er-easter-egg/
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Revan/Canon
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2020-01-03 at 09:45 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Well for those who don’t know they’re in for one helluva surprise. It’s better than “No, I am your father” because it’s so personal and unexpected. Even the hints in plain sight aren’t enough to reveal it. Chris Avallaine or whatever his name is better make sure no agendas ruin the story that he wrote 16-17!years ago

Example: Bastila’s costume should stay to the original or the 2008 remastered with the mustard yellow undergarment that they use in the games today on the App Store and SWTOR. And the main character should remain Male.
    main character could be male OR female in a game. up until swtor, there was NO canon Revan and i really fucking hope this movie falls through, because i'm very VERY tired of them trying to canonize player selectable characters... that somehow always default to generic looking male.

currently the only thing that was canonized is the name. not gender and NOT whatever happened in a deleted scene
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-01-03 at 04:38 PM.

Darth Revan is now canon once more. However it seems they have changed his lore to his future legion being Sith instead of independent and serves Palpatine in TROS https://www.gamesradar.com/kotors-da...er-easter-egg/ https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Revan/Canon
    What the fuck?
    O wait...Disney of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    main character could be male OR female in a game. up until swtor, there was NO canon Revan and i really fucking hope this movie falls through, because i'm very VERY tired of them trying to canonize player selectable characters... that somehow always default to generic looking male.

currently the only thing that was canonized is the name. not gender and NOT whatever happened in a deleted scene
    swtor's version of revan is the best, keanu reeves could play him in a movie about him.

but i don't like this idea that revan remained a sith until death. hopefully it's just sith propaganda. revan didn't disappear/die a sith.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    swtor's version of revan is the best, keanu reeves could play him in a movie about him.

but i don't like this idea that revan remained a sith until death. hopefully it's just sith propaganda. revan didn't disappear/die a sith.
    eh. he is kinda terrible in SWTOR. I hated him and his Anders vibes, personaly (and not just shadow of Revan, though it made it even worse, the original flashpoint story.. even if it resulted in probably unintentional hilarity of letting my sith pure blood claim to him that she has no sith blood). so yeah... i would rather they didn't try to canonize him again and made it even worse. so far, in canon - Revan is an easter egg of a name. not actual character. I'd rather it stayed that way.

I would freaking love a movie about the sith. Like Darth bane maybe? I want a movie about evil dudes.

eh. he is kinda terrible in SWTOR. I hated him and his Anders vibes, personaly (and not just shadow of Revan, though it made it even worse, the original flashpoint story.. even if it resulted in probably unintentional hilarity of letting my sith pure blood claim to him that she has no sith blood). so yeah... i would rather they didn't try to canonize him again and made it even worse. so far, in canon - Revan is an easter egg of a name. not actual character. I'd rather it stayed that way.
    i mean, i'd prefer they leave him alone entirely and mention him only in name, if they have to be retarded and not listen to any of the kotor, kotor 2, or swtor lore about him.

but the design of him in swtor is perfect, and an absolute match for keanu reeves to play as him. it'd great with him, as long as they make it basically follow the plot of kotor.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I would freaking love a movie about the sith. Like Darth bane maybe? I want a movie about evil dudes.
    if we get any ancient sith movies, i'd like for it to be about marka ragnos or tulak hord, or maybe the original rise of vitiate. show what the real sith can do at the end of the movie, show him sap all of the life from nathema.

kotor 1 i think was an interesting story on how ppl become sith through moral ambiguity, revan was a jedi that went off to fight the mandalorians and one way or another ended up creating sith, the wars likely would be unique to star wars, not just jedi / republic fighting the empire but the creation of sith. perhaps the jedi civil war. ultimately though kotor 2 painted a much different view of things, specifically the philosophical nature of free will vs determinism. which is wayyy beyond the scope of the movies black and white clashes. a kotor movie could set the mandos up as badasses (tv show reinforcement maybe) they did, at least for a while, go up against jedi. I guess i don't know if much more has been made about them than what is told in kotor 1/2. but they did seem like amicable warriors at least not just bounty hunters anyway. i dunno i could see an interesting story that hasn't been told in movie form but it would no doubt get butchered to fit some sort of agenda or script.

if we get any ancient sith movies, i'd like for it to be about marka ragnos or tulak hord, or maybe the original rise of vitiate. show what the real sith can do at the end of the movie, show him sap all of the life from nathema.
    Honestly anything. Sith architecture and culture is so fire

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Damn, we know of its spoiler already then... no epic "I am your father!" moment for us.

Regardless, neat!
    I mean, nowadays they'd show the turn in the trailers anyway, so does it really matter?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah lets have him be a generic looking female instead right Maybe they can shave one side of her head to let us know Revan is a "strong womyn"

Discussing forbidden topics isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2020-01-04 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Yeah lets have him be a generic looking female instead right Maybe they can shave one side of her head to let us know Revan is a "strong womyn"
    we don't have that many female lead characters to have a generic looking female archetype to the degree of "roughly 6 feet tall white dude with 5o'clock shadow, square jaw and tousled brown hair" just yet. roll your eyes all you want, but the problem with "strong womyn" is not the hair, its the fact that people like you and people in Hollywood have no imagination.

and in any case, selectable player character whole appeal is that they could be anyone. there were like 30+ possible Revans, with variety of possible personal choices and same for exile from KOTOR2. I'd rather they kept it that way instead of what they did in swtor to both of them, let alone what they will likely do at Disney given the last few star wars movies.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean, i'd prefer they leave him alone entirely and mention him only in name, if they have to be retarded and not listen to any of the kotor, kotor 2, or swtor lore about him.

but the design of him in swtor is perfect, and an absolute match for keanu reeves to play as him. it'd great with him, as long as they make it basically follow the plot of kotor.

disagree with every part of bolded.

Darth Revan is now canon once more. However it seems they have changed his lore to his future legion being Sith instead of independent and serves Palpatine in TROS
    I mean.....i pretty sure they just named themselves after Sith lords rather then being a direct continuation.

Since it's already done why complain further. They pushed on other storylines somehow concerning the gender reveal and altering those as well because of dislike towards the chosen gender is just asking for more retcons to spite a dislike towards gender selection...

If this was a recent revelation in a new storyline, I might change my position on it... but not when we're multiple years after the fact.

- - - Updated - - -

disagree with every part of bolded.

not sure how you miss the resemblance.

Man, I was about to shit on Revan but it looks like I already did it last year in this thread. Keanu is a great actor, but he doesn't have the commanding presence Revan would require.

well Revan will now be ruined.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Since it's already done why complain further. They pushed on other storylines somehow concerning the gender reveal and altering those as well because of dislike towards the chosen gender is just asking for more retcons to spite a dislike towards gender selection...

If this was a recent revelation in a new storyline, I might change my position on it... but not when we're multiple years after the fact.

- - - Updated - - -

not sure how you miss the resemblance.
    I like Keanuu too much to saddle him with that abomination of a character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    as the reply to me quoted above - technically Revan was already ruined. I just don't want them to KEEP ruining her.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    well it's star wars, they haven't exactly done anything right with the IP except duel scenes

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a bad attempt at fan service "Let's slap some well known Sith names on our troopers in material outside the film. That'll make the movie better, right?". At least it's not as bad as establishing Rey had Force Download as a power in TFA's material then forgetting they did that. Still I really hope this movie/potential trilogy goes nowhere at this point, I'd rather they fuck up their "original" Star Wars stuff rather than the series and characters from the pre-disney era anymore than they already have.

If this is how you feel about Revan, I really wonder how strongly you feel about the Jedi Exile being canonised in a Droid Guide via a passing mention.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I like Keanuu too much to saddle him with that abomination of a character.
    Strong words. I don't really see why.

How do you feel about the Exile?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    If this is how you feel about Revan, I really wonder how strongly you feel about the Jedi Exile being canonised in a Droid Guide via a passing mention.
    Thought it was more than a passing mention in just one book.