Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

One big problem in Classic

How will Blizzard deal with this thing? It was not certainly vanilla issue at all because streaming wasn't that popular back then.

e: the problem is that stream sniping will put guilds to disadvantage, other guilds will see their location and everything, ruining the experience.

And guys like this will gank everyone else with their guilds and fanboys.

Last edited by ryjkur; 2019-05-24 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    How will Blizzard deal with this thing? It was not certainly vanilla issue at all because streaming wasn't that popular back then.

recap so i dont have to watch a 10 min long clip on work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    recap so i dont have to watch a 10 min long clip on work ?
    Well, the stream sniping in general. People will just watch other guilds location and it kinda ruins the whole PvP

I stopped the video when he said he enjoys griefing. Literally fuck this guy. This is part of the long list of reasons Classic will suck.

Dont stream. The end. Avoid streamers servers, I Will.

I love to watch streamers but honestly i do not really care how ppl will affect them. I will avoid their servers. Me and my friends plan to play on PvE server too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Add a delay to your stream if it bothers you that much.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    nobody cares, if you stream this is natural behaving

Does it really matter? I was able to /who them back in the day and see the zone they are all in. It becomes painfully obvious where they are going very quickly. My biggest worry with classic is why are people so triggered by streamers. Play with and around them all you want or don't. It isn't that difficult. Sure you cannot avoid them all but only like 5 will really have major impact and I wouldn't doubt if a few of them are on the same servers.

Play on a PvE server then

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    ban streamers, problem solved.

while i say that tongue in cheek it is the streamers who are creating this problem by broadcasting their location for any jackhole to see, so its the price they have to pay.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

It’s not a problem Blizzard is obligated to deal with.

Either:

1. Don’t allow (famous) streamers into your guild.
    2. Don’t allow streamers to stream leading up to events that can be ganked/stolen (world bosses, mostly).
    3. Don’t play on PvP servers (and add 1 or 2).
    4. Perhaps more solutions I haven’t thought of.

If streaming ends up negatively impacting a guild, it is the guilds problem to solve.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems like a streamer thing. Not really going to affect my game-play. So it really isn't a BIG problem more a non issue.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account

e: the problem is that stream sniping will put guilds to disadvantage, other guilds will see their location and everything, ruining the experience.

And guys like this will gank everyone else with their guilds and fanboys.

Good method, don't go on servers where there is streamers. Streamers themselves are part of the main issue in the end. We can't really do anything with that as streaming has become so basic that even my damn 12 year old nephew has a stream.

All I can say is, don't huddle up on the same servers as streamers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skronk View Post
    ban streamers, problem solved.

while i say that tongue in cheek it is the streamers who are creating this problem by broadcasting their location for any jackhole to see, so its the price they have to pay.
    To be honest, it is fun to disrupt streamers and/or their 'teams'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They wont deal. Your choice that you show yourself something like this. Not their deal. You expose yourself on purpose.

Reminds me of those people in DOTA that have their twitch link in their usersname.

In a game like dota that's dumb, like really dumb.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just level in dungeons 4Head

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Reminds me of those people in DOTA that have their twitch link in their usersname.

In a game like dota that's dumb, like really dumb.
    To be honest, if you are streaming, you are inviting yourself to have a wanted and unwanted following, life. You paint your own target.

As to your Dota mention, I have a similar story but StarCraft. The guy I was playing against had his stream on at the same time.. Was a facepalm moment.