Greated Pyro needs to be nerfed or removed

This thing is not acceptable at all, the combo sheep + GP is just obscene.

Just make it fixed 6 sec cast time. Oh, and also do that for all %HP spells.

Lol that was one of the greatest combos ever, wait until they find out about sheep pyro pom pyro
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

yeah that sheep->GP sounds decent in duels... in which mage is in the middle of the pack ...

now for competitive pvp just pls...

Either you have a teammate that can greatly invalidate this combo (or even their teammate can break your sheep if they're bad)

Or it's a duel,and duels are very much irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    yeah that sheep->GP sounds decent in duels... in which mage is in the middle of the pack ...

now for competitive pvp just pls...
    Fuck the competitive play, the majority of the playerbase don't bother with it, greater pyro is ruining World PvP and Battlegrounds and that's why every unskilled mofo is playing fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Fuck the competitive play, the majority of the playerbase don't bother with it, greater pyro is ruining World PvP and Battlegrounds and that's why every unskilled mofo is playing fire.
    The hole in this argument is that your'e not playing it. Blizzard don't interfere with L2P issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    The hole in this argument is that your'e not playing it. Blizzard don't interfere with L2P issues.
    Blizzard interfere with balance issues and they are doing a shitty job on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'm sorry, if you're letting someone get a 4+ second cast off on you - that's your fault. It's called knowing the game - if you're fighting a fire mage - you play around the fact they can do massive damage if you let them get one off
    ah so all those multi rank 1 players who let themselves get g pyroed are just bad and don't know the game

good to know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Just make it fixed 6 sec cast time. Oh, and also do that for all %HP spells.
    Yep. If the damage is fixed by HP then the cast should be fixed too.

But I'd say a better change would just be to remove Shimmer. Being able to blink while casting Poly/Ring/Gpy is just unfair.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    Lol that was one of the greatest combos ever, wait until they find out about sheep pyro pom pyro
    I miss seduce Soul Fire seduce Soul Fire, solid plays.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So game play for a class should be gutted because people are shity players? Shouldn't shity players instead learn to player better? I mean seriously it's a 4 second cast, if you can't LOS, kick or simply out range the spell then idk what to tell you. It's not like the rest of fires skills hit incredibly hard. Though I will admit I was in a BG last night with (2) other fire mages and a destro lock and it was quiet LOL worthy to watch the other team just get erased....yet ironically we were all just left to free cast with almost no pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    So game play for a class should be gutted because people are shity players? Shouldn't shity players instead learn to player better? I mean seriously it's a 4 second cast, if you can't LOS, kick or simply out range the spell then idk what to tell you. It's not like the rest of fires skills hit incredibly hard. Though I will admit I was in a BG last night with (2) other fire mages and a destro lock and it was quiet LOL worthy to watch the other team just get erased....yet ironically we were all just left to free cast with almost no pressure.
    How can you LOS, kick or simply our of range the spell while Morphed ?

Easiest fix for GP, would be to make your character controllable while sheeped.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How can you LOS, kick or simply our of range the spell while Morphed ?
    Well you can trinket it, pally's can bubble, mages can ice block, sheep can be dispelled but if none of that is possible you're only going to eat one GPB. That would be the same as crying about a destro lock fearing you into a chaos bolt, which btw they can chain those without healing you and a fire mage cannot.

Meh thats why comps with lots of stops are really strong right now and i believe if theres a consistent counter-play that it's not necessarily broken

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'm sorry, if you're letting someone get a 4+ second cast off on you - that's your fault. It's called knowing the game - if you're fighting a fire mage - you play around the fact they can do massive damage if you let them get one off
    im sorry you're too stupid to realize that you can get greater pyro blast down to 2.6 seconds with haste gear/ buffs and even lower than that with some aazerite abiltites

My only complaint on it is seeing so many mages now doing sheep greater pyro, is literally all i see them do now, as if they actually have removed everything off their bars except greater pyro, poly, scorch and dragons breath.

It's actually hilarious watching them frantically try to repeat the process each time because it has became the only thing they can do.
    Mind Control interrupting them is one of my favourite pass times now.

That and the damage calculation seems to be very iffy at times, sometimes i take full damage even during greater fade and dispersion whilst other times i negate it.

Fireball and pyroblast hit like a wet noodle, no wonder you don't see anything else being cast. I miss when pyroblast took like half of someone's hp bar...the problem is that Blizz made getting hot streak so consistent with guaranteed (instant)crit spells and this horrible combustion design that thay had to tone down pyro damage so much. I wish they would bring back the old RNG design of fire mages, when getting a hot streak was something to be excited for. And the Cata version of Combustion, where it was a big dot based on your ignite...It's also joke that crit is basically your worst stat nowadays, where it used to be the most important before.

Greated Pyro needs to be nerfed
    They do this fire mage will be done.