Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Play the authoritarian government games, win authoritarian government prizes.

And you douchy commies wonder why we distrust the government and keep our guns. Cause other governments regulate speech, ban memes and arrest people for being gay or posting a picture that vaguely hints at a historical event your preferred government would rather not be shown.

You are welcome!! that you are allowed to type your nonsense online, be gay and not in jail, question our government and it’s manchild president or post as many Game of Thrones memes as humanly possible.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Uhhhhhhh.........

9/11 would like to have a word........
    How is that domestic terrorism?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Vilnius disagrees with that statement. Sure, scale was different. But there was an attempt.
    There are quite conflicting reports about that particular confrontation.

Who was let go? The whole period took about 2 years. There was no first place on the pedestal, it was all one big process.
    Rest of Warsaw Pact. Poland, Eastern Germany and so on.

Yes, suuure they change. And communism can be democratic, mhm. And I am Barrack Obama.
    You should fantasize with Kangodo, he seems to be believing that. Though he seems to think that the OG communism was democratic too. xD
    There was no communism anywhere but in the name at that moment.
    And there were 100% democratic practices involved, especially at lower levels.
    USSR wasn't dictatorship, of course it listened to the citizens in various ways; but just like democratic countries nowadays, "listening" doesn't mean "adhering to every whim".

Well, if the USSR wasn't so backwards on everything, then maybe the change would not have been so scary, eh? But communists, as all other oppressive regimes, were scared of change. Better to keep the plebs in darkness, otherwise they might rebel. Oh, wait... xD
    Noone was kept in the dark by the 1990s.

And given what change entailed, they were quite right being scared about it. Noone should take millions of extra deaths lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    If you don't like the way things are in your particular country (or business, or anything else), there's channels you can go through to try and change it or move to somewhere else more aggreable to you. Just giving a superior military/police force a huge middle finger and acting like a fucking moron isn't going to change anything and just make your life a living hell... and you have no one to blame but your own stupid ass self.
    You are making several incorrect assumptions here. 1) Not every government (and certainly not China) has a channel to go through in order to change it to be more agreeable to you. 2) Not every government allows its citizens to leave (e.g. North Korea), and even if you could, it's not a simple task to get another country to let you in; and that's not even mentioning the pragmatic issues of breaking up families and such. 3) Standing up non-violently (legally or otherwise) in protest against a superior force has been shown to be effective if you can rally enough people to your cause (http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2019...ange-the-world).

The question at hand, however, was not "is his behavior smart," but rather, "do you think it's right for the government to do this." Is your answer "it's okay because might makes right," which is what your statements seem to imply?

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Its million now? Those numbers grow every month here. I'm sure next week it will be tens of millions.

Its funny how people defend radical islamists when it suits them. But when they are called ISIS, suddenly they become bad guys.

China is multicultural country, contrary to what your media tells you. There are many nationalities living within one country. None of them have issues, except for radical islamists and some crazy monks.

Perfect summary for this thread. Pushing fake news and propaganda as facts, mobbing on anyone that disagrees with them, while presenting nothing but conspiracy theories.
    Honestly, the issue at heart is that Sinophobia is not a taboo. Probably because of the Cold War. See another commenter here calling his opponents "commies".

Americans have the biggest taboo on hating sub-Saharans, Mexicans and homosexualists. You cannot even think about being hateful towards those groups! No no no!

But when it's about Koreans or Chinese? Oh, "genocide them all". Unironically! When it's the DPRK, people unironically call for the murder of Kim Jong Un! And then surprised pikachu face when the glorious WPK develop nuclear capabilities lmao. Fat Westerners, choke on your racism!
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I've read their replies in this entire thread and I'm convinced they're bsing about their job and what they do. What's funnier is that they accuse people of using anecdotes and whataboutisms, when that's 90% of their stance.

After 13 pages, I'll be the one to say it: I hope this man and his family will be okay. Apparently no one cares about that, but I do. Prison systems can be hard and I don't want him to be made a brutal example.
    I think it goes without saying that people criticizing the government for doing this hope the guy is okay. If we didn't care when this happened to people we wouldn't criticize the act, this will personally never affect me but I still want to voice my opinion on how terrible it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    While I appreciate your in-depth response, it changes nothing. Just because certain people are conditioned to be okay with certain things, does not make me any less likely to criticize those things. If a kid is raised believing abuse is normal, they'll see it differently. That's irrelevant though, because I'm still against abusing children.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    There are quite conflicting reports about that particular confrontation.

Rest of Warsaw Pact. Poland, Eastern Germany and so on.

There was no communism anywhere but in the name at that moment.
    And there were 100% democratic practices involved, especially at lower levels.
    USSR wasn't dictatorship, of course it listened to the citizens in various ways; but just like democratic countries nowadays, "listening" doesn't mean "adhering to every whim".

Noone was kept in the dark by the 1990s.

And given what change entailed, they were quite right being scared about it. Noone should take millions of extra deaths lightly.
    There are no conflicting reports, outside of Russia attempting to say that Lithuanians did it themselves.

Once more, there was no first place, it was all very close together, one process.

Ah yes, no "true communism", blah blah blah.
    Sure, it was not a dictatorship. Are you seriously going to tell me that Stalin was not a dictator? Sure, AFTER him yes, say Brezhnev, but what does it really matter? If a country is led by one dictator, or a party of multiple ones? Anyone against the goverment was dealt with harshly.

In the 1990ties USSR did not exist anymore, what are you talking about? And once more - the failure of 90ties is not the fault of the West. Russia failed itself, by themselves. If the goverment was so useless, it was not fault of the West, it was fault of the useless goverment, fault of people with no willpower, but with a lot of greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You're trying to make a point and you're failing at it.
    In this thread you've lied multiple times. I have proven that, I pointed it out. And you continue, none of that matters because you can get away with it.
    The truth doesn't matter, what matters is whether enough people here agree with you so they can all pile up on a single user.

So yeah, I would LOVE a system that would get you arrested for spreading that shit.
    I just <3 how you attempted to avoid the facts that USSR was repressive as fuck and ignored everything, then tried to turn it around on me. Get help, a real help, for your own sake.
    P.S.
    Communism cannot work because of a human nature. But hey, you are ubermensch, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post
    Just because certain people are conditioned to be okay with certain things, does not make me any less likely to criticize those things.
    Have fun then. Your use of the word conditioned shows that you don't really understand that cultural differences exist. You still think there is one right way and it is yours.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Have fun then. Your use of the word conditioned shows that you don't really understand that cultural differences exist. You still think there is one right way and it is yours.

Oh come on!

In what world would you arrest someone over Tweeting the above image?

Admit it, you work for the Chinese government.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    There are no conflicting reports, outside of Russia attempting to say that Lithuanians did it themselves.
    Your word against their word.

Once more, there was no first place, it was all very close together, one process.
    I never talked about any first place. I'm not sure what "first place" you're talking about really.

I'm just saying you'd get your independence regardless of USSR dissolving.

Ah yes, no "true communism", blah blah blah.
    There was "Communist Party"; what they practised wasn't communism though, even by their own words.

Sure, it was not a dictatorship. Are you seriously going to tell me that Stalin was not a dictator?
    1990 USSR wasn't under Stalin. Are you seriously going to tell me Gorbachev was dictator? Maybe he faked putsch too in some convoluted power grab?

Sure, AFTER him yes, say Brezhnev, but what does it really matter? If a country is led by one dictator, or a party of multiple ones?
    There is quite a difference, yes - especially if you look at path GenSecs went through before getting there. Gorbachev went to top from quite humble beginnings.

Anyone against the goverment was dealt with harshly.
    Harshness was going down quite a bit with time too.

In the 1990ties USSR did not exist anymore, what are you talking about?
    It still did until end of 1991.

And once more - the failure of 90ties is not the fault of the West. Russia failed itself, by themselves. If the goverment was so useless, it was not fault of the West, it was fault of the useless goverment, fault of people with no willpower, but with a lot of greed.
    Never said anything about "fault of the West". USSR dissolution clearly wasn't Western fault.

But with hindsight we can say that Yeltsin was idiot to believe what he did when he dissolved USSR.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I think it goes without saying that people criticizing the government for doing this hope the guy is okay. If we didn't care when this happened to people we wouldn't criticize the act, this will personally never affect me but I still want to voice my opinion on how terrible it is.
    Honestly I doubt that, especially with the type of discussion happening in this thread. Would I think so for most people like yourself? Sure. For "certain users"? Nah, this is just fulfilling their ritualistic 'drama' quota, because they start up the same arguments in every thread they enter (whether it relates or not).
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Interesting to see Shalcker, bungeebungee and Kangodo all pile on to defend the Chinese regime over arresting a guy for tweeting a benign image.

How do you guys sleep at night?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    @Hubcap You're crossing a line even for this forum, so simmer down.

Your obsession with spamming images is droll, but I don't find it triggering. You're playing keyboard hero on a gaming forum's off topic forum where there are barely any Asians, let alone Chinese. Hell of a way to make an impact.

That you think Gen-OT rates teams of Chinese minions to reply to your threads is at best delusional, although it is far more probable that you don't believe that at all, you're just playing fast and loose with insults to avoid racking up infractions.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Interesting to see Shalcker, bungeebungee and Kangodo all pile on to defend the Chinese regime over arresting a guy for tweeting a benign image.
    Don't see where i defended it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure I would.
    I don't think anything I've said would have gotten me banned or anything.

You on the other hand.. Constant lies promoting the far right, you'd have your internet taken away and that's a good thing.
    In an authoritarian state, banned from an online forum would be the least of your problems.

7+ Year Old Account
    All communism is democratic, it's the only way the population can actually control the means of production.

Yeah, asked the people who lived there, they loved it so much they started to riot everywhere.

Yes, it was so rotten and backwards that Yeltsin needed the US to meddle in their elections to prevent communism from returning.
    The empire of evil is still alive, it's the duty of every person on this world to make sure it ends.
    Ah yes "democratic"...

East Germany/GDR would like to have a word with you about that with how many partys exiastes but somehow everytime the SED won...

Just a lil bit of a hint, it wa sbecasue the cheated.

On average we have a thread bashing China every four days over the last 5 months.
    Half of them come from Hubcap.
    They HAVE become a real life dystopia. IMO the thing that bothers me the most is how little people are salty about China.

Distance is one hell of an empathy dampener.

Why does the Netherlands produce so many tankies? Your Nazi grandfathers would be rolling in their graves.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    You are making several incorrect assumptions here.
    No I'm not.

1) Not every government (and certainly not China) has a channel to go through in order to change it to be more agreeable to you.
    Incorrect. Revolution is a time-honored tradition for overthrowing corrupt governments.

2) Not every government allows its citizens to leave (e.g. North Korea), and even if you could, it's not a simple task to get another country to let you in; and that's not even mentioning the pragmatic issues of breaking up families and such.
    China is not one such country, and there are channels that make it perfectly possible.

3) Standing up non-violently (legally or otherwise) in protest against a superior force has been shown to be effective if you can rally enough people to your cause (http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2019...ange-the-world).
    Not when it's considered an active crime that gets your stupid ass arrested.

The question at hand, however, was not "is his behavior smart," but rather, "do you think it's right for the government to do this."
    No, that's your question. The man was an idiot for doing it and deserved exactly what he got for doing so. It doesn't matter one fucking iota what you think of his government unless you're living under it.

10+ Year Old Account
    All states are authoritarian.
    Is that the best cop out you can provide?