Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Exhibit B. Doesn't know anything about veganism.
    It's much harder to get protein and amino acids being a vegan.
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    If you want to debate me and prove me wrong I welcome the challenge. If you want to name call and use personal attacks, I will just ignore and report or move on, if I don't reply to you, you know which group you're in.
    Be respectful to me and I will be respectful to you, that I promise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocherend View Post
    A lot of nutritionists here that know more than the American Dietetic Association apparently. It is their official statement through evidence based research that vegan and vegetarian diets are suitable for all stages of life, including infancy when appropriately planned. These people clearly had other issues since they never reported their child being born or even bring her to a doctor. These people are no different than people who are raw vegans (eating only uncooked food like fruit and salads) and those who only eat meat. These people do not represent level headed vegans as a whole.

If anyone is genuinely curious on how to properly raise children on a vegan diet I would recommend The Unnatural Vegan on youtube. She covers what she eats during pregnancy, what she feeds her children, criticizes extreme vegans such as this couple, and backs up all of her claims with peer reviewed studies.
    Sweet. A new thread for uneducated, misinformed people to attack veganism.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    ^ Too much soy in this one's diet ^
    Found the vegans.

But, seriously, there are equally as many peer review studies that show that omitting animal proteins and fats from a child's diet during developmental stages can have a negative impact. Stop equating animals like elephants and the like to humans. I am not saying you're wrong for your stance, I am saying that humans are different than animals. By the same factor, an animal like a cat or a dog cannot be sustained on a vegan diet. Humans have a much more complex dietary system.

This is not me bashing veganism. I am saying there is as much proof for it as there is against it, which makes your argument unsound.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's much harder to get protein and amino acids being a vegan.
    It is the easiest thing in the world to get both as a vegan.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Found the vegans.
    Wrong.

Wrong.
    I bet you think all protein is the same
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    If you want to debate me and prove me wrong I welcome the challenge. If you want to name call and use personal attacks, I will just ignore and report or move on, if I don't reply to you, you know which group you're in.

Hate people who try to force their diet too kids and animals.

Swedish too probably some hippies.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I bet you think all protein is the same
    I bet you think you have a clue what you're talking about. You don't. As usual.

Seriously, do some basic research. It's piss easy to get protein and various amino acids as a vegan.

Wrong.
    I'm not against veganism at all but it is difficult to get a decent amount of protein in your calorie budget in a vegan diet. Especially if you have any issues at all with soy, which unfortunately I do. It's probably far easier for males though due to increased caloric requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by J012D4N View Post
    Yes.

Plants are more abundant, and are a direct source (skips the middle man & energy loss transferred), unlike meat.
    Herbivores (i.e. Primary consumers) are typically bigger and in some cases "stronger" b/c the abundance of energy available to them. All the time.
    As a Moose or Elephant, you're always eating the direct source of energy & that source (plants) are everywhere in those habitats (seasonally sometimes). Gorillas are also omnivores, as are all primates. They'll eat meat when it's available or easy to obtain in some situations.
    no, just stop please, the human body evolved to no longer be able to digest 'plant matter' and as has been seen historically we as a species NEED meat to survive, as it provides many nutrients not present in any kind of plant/herb, we are an omnivorous species we eat all forms of 'food' types so restricting your diet based on some kind of notion that it's morally wrong to eat animals is stupid.

as far as the person you quoted posted let me educate you on something, and this might blow your mind:

EVERYONE has 'cancerous cells' inside them, the issue isn't the cells it's the trigger that causes the mutation, that's why there will never be a 'cure' until we as a species understand on a fundamental level what process/hormones etc trigger certain types and why they occur in different forms, so saying that 'eating meat promotes cancer cell growth' is a complete and utter moronic statement, literally breathing promotes cancer cell growth, and i wish uneducated people would stop spreading misinformation about something they clearly have no concept of understanding over.

retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sure but you're not going to starve to death from a crappy, but calorically sufficient, diet. The article in the OP said "prolonged starvation". You can develop OTHER health problems, but you're not going to starve.
    Starvation includes not getting enough nutrients. You can eat rabbit all the time and starve. Read up on rabbit starvation death.

https://knowledgenuts.com/2015/01/21...h-rabbit-meat/

I'm not against veganism at all but it is difficult to get a decent amount of protein in your calorie budget in a vegan diet.
    Literally untrue. Even without soy. As an adult male, I'd need around 60 grams of protein per day. I can surpass that without issue.

Maybe for where you live and what is available to you? I've never had a single issue with it (also fine with soy, tbf). I'm doctor approved
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2019-05-24 at 03:55 PM.

As I much as I respect the mindset that drives people towards veganism, I would never trust a diet/lifestyle that depends on artificial nutritional supplements.

Seriously, do some basic research. It's piss easy to get protein and various amino acids as a vegan.
    I have studied nutrition so I will take my sources over what some internet guy who usually spouts BS to me says. Especially one that can only say "nu uh!"

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Starvation includes not getting enough nutrients. You can eat rabbit all the time and starve. Read up on rabbit starvation death.
    It's not starvation. What happens is that the excess protein causes ammonia buildup in the blood and poisons you.

You are strangely antagonistic while also being ill-informed in your posts lately.

I have studied nutrition so I will take my sources over what some internet guy who usually spouts BS to me says. Especially one that can only say "nu uh!"
    Talking to me about BS, that's rich. Much like my vegan diet!

You've studied nothing if you think it is difficult for a vegan to get protein/amino acids. It could not be simpler. I know 5 year olds that could work Google well enough to figure this out.

Literally untrue. Even without soy. As an adult male, I'd need around 60 grams of protein per day. I can surpass that without issue.

Maybe for where you live and what is available to you? I've never had a single issue with it (also fine with soy, tbf). I'm doctor approved
    Okay, my protein budget is 120g/protein a day, because I run and strength train. If you can create a soy-free sample diet for a day that gets that much protein in my diet under 2k calories a day, I'd love to see it.

It's not starvation. What happens is that the excess protein causes ammonia buildup in the blood and poisons you.

You are strangely antagonistic while also being ill-informed in your posts lately.
    https://www.expressen.se/gt/dottern-...a-far-sin-dom/

Given they translated this to starvation, how does it not apply to not getting enough nutrients, which was the case with the child? This is this case in swedish. She was getting food but not enough nutrients.
    Last edited by Avskildhet; 2019-05-24 at 04:06 PM.

lets explore this shall we:

i'm 6 feet tall, for me my ideal weight should be between 65-85Kg, based on this information i need to consume PER DAY: ~60 grams if i do no exercise and work in an office all day, in order to get this volume of protein from just plants/seeds/beans etc i would need to consume around 6 medium sized eggs, i can get the same amount of protein in my diet from eating ~250-300g of cooked chicken which is not only lower in cholesterol than eating 6 eggs but is also significantly cheaper.

that's just one example comparison, to get the same protein numbers from straight up plant based items i would need to consume ~2 litres of soy milk this is just looking at protein levels, this does not factor in other essential nutrients and vitamins needed from meat sources that are not present in any plant based food source short of altering how those plants are grown/handled, so in conclusion, no, it is not 'piss easy' to get the various amino acids and protein needed as a vegan relative to a 'normal' person.

all my information is taken from government sources on health and wellbeing in relation to height/weight and daily recommended intake values for various nutritional groups.

retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    lets explore this shall we:

i'm 6 feet tall, for me my ideal weight should be between 65-85Kg, based on this information i need to consume PER DAY: ~60 grams if i do no exercise and work in an office all day, in order to get this volume of protein from just plants/seeds/beans etc i would need to consume around 6 medium sized eggs, i can get the same amount of protein in my diet from eating ~250-300g of cooked chicken which is not only lower in cholesterol than eating 6 eggs but is also significantly cheaper.

that's just one example comparison, to get the same protein numbers from straight up plant based items i would need to consume ~2 litres of soy milk this is just looking at protein levels, this does not factor in other essential nutrients and vitamins needed from meat sources that are not present in any plant based food source short of altering how those plants are grown/handled, so in conclusion, no, it is not 'piss easy' to get the various amino acids and protein needed as a vegan relative to a 'normal' person.

all my information is taken from government sources on health and wellbeing in relation to height/weight and daily recommended intake values for various nutritional groups.
    How the fuck is chicken cheaper than eggs? They cost less than 2 sek /0,209314USD each.
    Last edited by Avskildhet; 2019-05-24 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    I hope they lost custody. That's pretty messed up. Holy sh-
    Thankfully it looks like they did.
    placed into foster care.
    Now the little girl at least has a chance at a normal life.
    Last edited by Exeris; 2019-05-24 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocherend View Post
    Wrong.
    First off, I was being sarcastic. I would have thought it was obvious.

Second, are you saying you aren't vegan? Because your statements and tone says otherwise. If you are saying "wrong to the rest of my post, what part specifically? Because that is a pretty broad brushstroke to use.

Thirdly, why are you so goddamn antagonistic? Are you not capable of having a civil conversation with people you disagree with? Do you think that being aggressive is going to magically cause people to see your point of view?

The truth is, some people can get by with a vegan diet. As long as they supplement. Some cannot. I can't. I am horribly allergic to soy.
    And at 6'4" and 17 stone, I cannot get what I need from a vegan diet, protein-wise