Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XendriusYT View Post
    Plants have more nutrition than meat. The biggest and strongest terrestrial land mammals on earth, gorrilas, elephants, eat exclusively plants.

Cows don't eat meat to put on muscle/meat. And neither do humans need it.

Meat inflames the body and promotes cancer-cell-growth. I still eat chicken though because a little cancer doesn't hurt.
    You must ignore the bit where they are constantly eating, compared to a wild meat eater that goes 2-3 days before their next meal... no, plants don't have more nutrients than meat.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He would probably be easy to attack as well as he will be weak from not getting enough protein.
    lmao so true, harness the power of carbs!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I don't think being a stoner has anything to do with it lol. I get high every day and I take care of my family and pets just fine.
    these guys seem more like the stereotypical stoner type. no money, mooching off of friends and family, saying things like all you need is sun,hugs & air to survive etc.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I hope they lost custody. That's pretty messed up. Holy sh-
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Good, they should be locked up for longer.

When a child is being starved to death, being on a vegan diet or not isn't relevant. It's neglect. A child can get 100% of their caloric needs through a vegan diet, whether we agree with forcing children on such a diet or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    these guys seem more like the stereotypical stoner type. no money, mooching off of friends and family, saying things like all you need is sun,hugs & air to survive etc.
    Gross. I even had my in-laws move in to take care of them and my severely autistic sister in-law

Quote Originally Posted by XendriusYT View Post
    Plants have more nutrition than meat. The biggest and strongest terrestrial land mammals on earth, gorrilas, elephants, eat exclusively plants.

Cows don't eat meat to put on muscle/meat. And neither do humans need it.

Meat inflames the body and promotes cancer-cell-growth. I still eat chicken though because a little cancer doesn't hurt.
    Have you paid any attention in middle school biology class?

Herbivores have massive stomachs specially evolved to get the most of their diet which is universally low on nutrional value. It's why they also can't really digest animal protein. They are specialized to vegetation, of which they have to consume massive amounts, sometimes even ruminate it (throw up in their mouths and chew it again).

Humans evolved to be omnivorous. Meat doesn't "inflame" our bodies or whatnot. Our stomachs can digest certain types of vegetation (but it's extremely few things compared to a herbivore) nearly all types of animal protein (from bugs, to fish to meat and eggs) and animals fats.

You can be vegan, if you plan carefully and use supplements, but it is not our natural evolved diet, it's an ethical or personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    I read that all vegan parents who put their growing children on vegan diets should be jailed. A growing body needs a lot of nutrition that a vegan diet can't provide.
    But that is simply not true.

The problem here isn't that they were vegan but they were indeed stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Apparently the mother had said that people can live off of air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx9rii3dcQ0

And this might alledgedly be the dad.
    Not sure if same couple. But the dad apparently said "we feed hur love and hugs" or that was another couple.

10+ Year Old Account
    u mean children aren't slaves u can do whatever the fuck u want with them and no one can dare to object like in fucked up egyptian countries and are actual humans who have rights ? shocking
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It’s sad to see veganism spreading like a plague to the point where even children are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Caloric needs does not mean they get all nutritients. I could get all my caloric needs from eating bread, does it mean it's good for me?
    Sure but you're not going to starve to death from a crappy, but calorically sufficient, diet. The article in the OP said "prolonged starvation". You can develop OTHER health problems, but you're not going to starve.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Exhibit B. Doesn't know anything about veganism.
    It's much harder to get protein and amino acids being a vegan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocherend View Post
    A lot of nutritionists here that know more than the American Dietetic Association apparently. It is their official statement through evidence based research that vegan and vegetarian diets are suitable for all stages of life, including infancy when appropriately planned. These people clearly had other issues since they never reported their child being born or even bring her to a doctor. These people are no different than people who are raw vegans (eating only uncooked food like fruit and salads) and those who only eat meat. These people do not represent level headed vegans as a whole.

If anyone is genuinely curious on how to properly raise children on a vegan diet I would recommend The Unnatural Vegan on youtube. She covers what she eats during pregnancy, what she feeds her children, criticizes extreme vegans such as this couple, and backs up all of her claims with peer reviewed studies.
    Sweet. A new thread for uneducated, misinformed people to attack veganism.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    ^ Too much soy in this one's diet ^
    Found the vegans.

But, seriously, there are equally as many peer review studies that show that omitting animal proteins and fats from a child's diet during developmental stages can have a negative impact. Stop equating animals like elephants and the like to humans. I am not saying you're wrong for your stance, I am saying that humans are different than animals. By the same factor, an animal like a cat or a dog cannot be sustained on a vegan diet. Humans have a much more complex dietary system.

This is not me bashing veganism. I am saying there is as much proof for it as there is against it, which makes your argument unsound.

It is the easiest thing in the world to get both as a vegan.

Wrong.
    I bet you think all protein is the same

Hate people who try to force their diet too kids and animals.

Swedish too probably some hippies.
    Do you hear the voices too?

It is the easiest thing in the world to get both as a vegan.

Wrong.
    I'm not against veganism at all but it is difficult to get a decent amount of protein in your calorie budget in a vegan diet. Especially if you have any issues at all with soy, which unfortunately I do. It's probably far easier for males though due to increased caloric requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by J012D4N View Post
    Yes.

Plants are more abundant, and are a direct source (skips the middle man & energy loss transferred), unlike meat.
    Herbivores (i.e. Primary consumers) are typically bigger and in some cases "stronger" b/c the abundance of energy available to them. All the time.
    As a Moose or Elephant, you're always eating the direct source of energy & that source (plants) are everywhere in those habitats (seasonally sometimes). Gorillas are also omnivores, as are all primates. They'll eat meat when it's available or easy to obtain in some situations.
    no, just stop please, the human body evolved to no longer be able to digest 'plant matter' and as has been seen historically we as a species NEED meat to survive, as it provides many nutrients not present in any kind of plant/herb, we are an omnivorous species we eat all forms of 'food' types so restricting your diet based on some kind of notion that it's morally wrong to eat animals is stupid.

as far as the person you quoted posted let me educate you on something, and this might blow your mind:

EVERYONE has 'cancerous cells' inside them, the issue isn't the cells it's the trigger that causes the mutation, that's why there will never be a 'cure' until we as a species understand on a fundamental level what process/hormones etc trigger certain types and why they occur in different forms, so saying that 'eating meat promotes cancer cell growth' is a complete and utter moronic statement, literally breathing promotes cancer cell growth, and i wish uneducated people would stop spreading misinformation about something they clearly have no concept of understanding over.

As I much as I respect the mindset that drives people towards veganism, I would never trust a diet/lifestyle that depends on artificial nutritional supplements.