Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Just lack amino acids Its amazing how people only understand calories, vitamins and protein. No wonder we have obesity climbing.
    Here:

Ingredients
    1 cup chocolate almond milk
    2 frozen bananas sliced
    1/4 cup peanut flour
    1-2 tablespoons chia seeds or hemp hearts, optional

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sure, that's your assumption. Not sure why his app usage would be determined by a convo since he probably had the app before the conversation.
    Also, he denied earlier in the thread he wasn't vegan. So it's a fair assumption it's a calorie counting app, that's it.
    It lacks info to be valuable.
    He directly stated he didn't have the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Here:

Ingredients
    1 cup chocolate almond milk
    2 frozen bananas sliced
    1/4 cup peanut flour
    1-2 tablespoons chia seeds or hemp hearts, optional

- - - Updated - - -

/facepalm I see you don't understand what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Sweet. A new thread for uneducated, misinformed people to attack veganism.
    Oh, look, another vegan trying to pick a fight. That totally never happened on the internet before... nobody gives a fuck, go and eat your grass, don't make a crusade out of it, ffs.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm I see you don't understand what I wrote.
    I see you don't know chocolate almond milk provides 10 amino acids?

then why did you say you would assume he had a vegan app?
    I would assume that he used a vegan meal planning app
    Confused.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    then why did you say you would assume he had a vegan app?

Confused.
    Celista was specifically asking about vegan meal planning. He provided an example. Why would you assume otherwise? I said I assumed he used one, implying for his example.

I'm not vegan so...

No "crusade" was being made you muppet. It was a basic fact. Look at the content of this thread.
    So you're just trolling then? You think that makes it any better? Also, why do you keep talking about your vegan diet if you're not vegan? God, I hate fake bullshitters.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Celista was specifically asking about vegan meal planning. He provided an example. Why would you assume otherwise? I said I assumed he used one, implying for his example.
    wait, is this about semantics if he used one or had one? Now you are circling back to you assumed he used a vegan app. Which is what I've thought you assumed all the time...

I assumed otherwise because I missed him mentioning it wasn't from an app he had(taking your word for it, cba looking up because frankly I don't care that much) and him saying he's not a vegan.

I see you don't know chocolate almond milk provides 10 amino acids?
    @UnifiedDivide take note of this

https://www.livestrong.com/article/5...s-nut-protein/

Protein is an essential component to any diet. When your body digests protein, it breaks the protein down to amino acids, which it uses to maintain and repair the cells in your body, as well as to make new cells. Nine of these amino acids are essential, meaning your body cannot make them, so you need to get them through your diet. Both nut protein and meat protein contain at least some of these essential amino acids.

The type of protein found in meat is called complete protein because it contains all nine essential amino acids
    . However, this protein often comes along with a lot of calories and saturated fat. Limit high-fat meats, and choose lean meats and vegetarian sources of protein to meet your protein needs, recommends the Harvard School of Public Health.

The protein found in nuts is incomplete protein because nuts lack some of the essential amino acids
    . However, as long as you vary your sources of incomplete protein and don't rely on nuts alone for your protein this isn't a problem. While nuts can be high-fat sources of protein, the type of fat they contain is mostly healthy unsaturated fat, and they also contain numerous essential vitamins and minerals.

Complementary Proteins

If you count on the protein from nuts to meet your protein needs, consume either legumes or dairy products as we
    ll, as these are complementary proteins which when combined with nuts contain all of the essential amino acids. You don't need to consume complementary proteins during the same meal, just at some point during the same day.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2019-05-24 at 05:57 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait, is this about semantics if he used one or had one? Now you are circling back to you assumed he used a vegan app. Which is what I've thought you assumed all the time...

I assumed otherwise because I missed him mentioning it wasn't from an app he had(taking your word for it, cba looking up because frankly I don't care that much) and him saying he's not a vegan.
    I honestly have no idea what you're talking about tbh. Based on the convo there was no reason to think it wasn't a vegan meal planner was my only point.

I'm not anti vegan because I don't give a fuck what you do to your body, but I can't stand when people promote it as a healthy lifestyle when it isn't, especially when it's forced on developing kids and animals.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not anti vegan because I don't give a fuck what you do to your body, but I can't stand when people promote it as a healthy lifestyle when it isn't, especially when it's forced on developing kids and animals.
    So all of your points get shot down, and you just circle back to a falsehood.

Hope you didn't pay for this nutrition studying you did. I'd ask for your money back if you did.

But, as I said, this thread has gone the exact same way as all the ones before it. I'll leave you all to your uneducated circlejerk <3
    Me "post my position and even linked to a website"

you "im not vegan but i know all about vegan and LOL you're wrong and I don't need to prove it"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to consume complementary proteins during the same meal, just at some point during the same day.
    So why are we still talking about this one protein shake?

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Hope you didn't pay for this nutrition studying you did. I'd ask for your money back if you did.

But, as I said, this thread has gone the exact same way as all the ones before it. I'll leave you all to your uneducated circlejerk <3
    I am not a nutritionist, but my sister is. She also has a masters in Botany, with a focus on plant based nutrition. She has also been vegan, and she has turned her thinking around dramatically. I asked her about all of this, because I am not an expert. She pointed me at an online article by Chris Kresser, who also used to be vegan and has completely changed how he views food and animal nutrition after studying the facts.

https://chriskresser.com/why-you-sho...d-vegan-diets/

You can choose not to read it. That's your call. But it counters a number of things you said, and it would be worthwhile reading to understand some of the finer points why veganism isn't as healthy as a standalone.

Also, that meal plan you posted was just horrible. I know you said it was a quick search to make your point, but it's so horribly nutritionally unbalanced it's not funny.

Vegans are more than what they eat. I happen to eat a lot of vegan products.
    Yeah, I do, too. The salad next to my beef steak is vegan, for example. Doesn't make me want to start a fucking philosophy around vegan side dishes...

There are actually tools online for this. I'm neither a nutritionist nor am I of the inclination to bother to do something so basic for someone. If you were interested, there are more than a few places you can do this yourself.
    I've looked into this too and usually the suggested meals are heavily based on protein shakes. I appreciate the effort though so thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I am not a nutritionist, but my sister is. She also has a masters in Botany, with a focus on plant based nutrition. She has also been vegan, and she has turned her thinking around dramatically. I asked her about all of this, because I am not an expert. She pointed me at an online article by Chris Kresser, who also used to be vegan and has completely changed how he views food and animal nutrition after studying the facts.

https://chriskresser.com/why-you-sho...d-vegan-diets/

You can choose not to read it. That's your call. But it counters a number of things you said, and it would be worthwhile reading to understand some of the finer points why veganism isn't as healthy as a standalone.

Also, that meal plan you posted was just horrible. I know you said it was a quick search to make your point, but it's so horribly nutritionally unbalanced it's not funny.
    From what I skimmed, good article, I plan on giving it an in depth read later, thanks for the information.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I've looked into this too and usually the suggested meals are heavily based on protein shakes. I appreciate the effort though so thanks.
    Not to mention it was high in sugar. Bananas are a shit fruit with lots of sugar, I rather get my potassium from somewhere else.

Sweet. A new thread for uneducated, misinformed people to attack veganism.

The only people that seems to be uneducated seems to be vegans, it's why this child was very nearly murdered, you know what, get in the same group as Anti Vaxxers and Flat Earther, you're just as stupid.