Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    While the OP would like you to believe that Vegan = willing to malnourish your kid for ideological reasons, that is simply untrue. Only a small percentage of vegans are extremist/radical when it comes to expressing their ideology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope they don't get the child back.. She deserves better than to be starved by some crazy people (not attacking veganism in general, just the 2 nut jobs in the story).

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Animal based food is still the most nutrient rich.

Vegans also still miss out on:
    Look I'm not a vegan, but there are hundreds of millions of them in the world, I daresay if there were serious dietary deficiencies resulting from a vegan diets we'd be well aware of them.

Plus there's always supplements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Did she ask for the child's consent to be food-tortured? No? Then feed the baby the food it was evolved the eat.
    You could say the same about vaccinations or treated drinking water. Just because we evolved to cope with certain things doesn't make it a good argument to whether or not you should be subjected to those things.

There's plenty of examples of healthy vegan children. The fact that the diet was vegan wasn't the issue it was the fact that the diet was extremely restrictive compared to a regular vegan diet was.

If you read the article malnourishment was one of many things that the parents screwed up. These weren't your average people.
    Last edited by insert random number; 2019-05-27 at 09:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Look I'm not a vegan, but there are hundreds of millions of them in the world, I daresay if there were serious dietary deficiencies resulting from a vegan diets we'd be well aware of them.

Plus there's always supplements.
    There are serious deficiencies, but because we're aware of them, vegans can supplement. Kind of goes against the "all natural" schtick they try to sell though.

Also, unless you pay through the nose, most of the supplements for various fatty acids and vitamins are from animal sources. Making something artificial with high bioavailability is expensive, which is why a lot of the more insufferable vegans are privileged first worlders.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

There are serious deficiencies, but because we're aware of them, vegans can supplement. Kind of goes against the "all natural" schtick they try to sell though.

Also, unless you pay through the nose, most of the supplements for various fatty acids and vitamins are from animal sources. Making something artificial with high bioavailability is expensive, which is why a lot of the more insufferable vegans are privileged first worlders.
    I don't really know why you find them insufferable, honestly I've met god knows how many vegans and the only insufferable people I've noticed is the non-vegans who have some weird stick up their ass about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't really know why you find them insufferable, honestly I've met god knows how many vegans and the only insufferable people I've noticed is the non-vegans who have some weird stick up their ass about it.
    Where I'm from (South Eastern Tennessee) vegans are fairly annoying. At least, the ones I've met.

They seem to think that they are above everyone else like homeboy from Scott Pilgrim. They literally shove the fact that they are vegan down your throat every five seconds and tell you how you're doing nutrition wrong.

Even had one come up to us in the park (picnic with my kids) and tell us that the ham sandwiches we were eating were killing my children. Was fun to see her children staring at our food like extras from Oliver Twist, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    What is it with you political screechers and just going full radio silence when something becomes hard to argue with? Are you all that much of a one-track mind that the only thing you are is someone who just constantly screams whatever your side of the media dumps on you?
    WTF are you talking about? This thread isn't even about politics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    While the OP would like you to believe that Vegan = willing to malnourish your kid for ideological reasons, that is simply untrue. Only a small percentage of vegans are extremist/radical when it comes to expressing their ideology.
    And where did I imply that? It's sad people like you got to make shit up just to put someone down.

No vegan I know thinks veganism is natural. Just like having sex with a condom or taking the pill isn't natural.

The only thing you really need to supplement is B12, which isn't that expensive to make. It's just a bacteria culture.

If you live anywhere where you can grow crops reasonable well you'll be able to get most if not all of your food grown locally. Locally grown food is generally more expensive, but on average I still spend a lot less than my sibling who has an regular diet.
    Last edited by insert random number; 2019-05-28 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    No, but you and people like you who do nothing but regurgitate whatever your chosen news network shits on you always make every thread you're in about a classic American "us vs them" political debate.

I think when Segus called you a political screecher he meant in general on this forum. Not specifically this thread. I'm also pretty sure you are well aware of this.

And where did I imply that? It's sad people like you got to make shit up just to put someone down.
    The way you posted the article with the title frames the narrative in a certain way. I've seen this article come through various news agencies and many of them omit the fact that they where "vegan" because the diet they where feeding their newborn is nothing like the average vegan diet.

Your framing makes it easy to conflate a vegan diet to whatever it is that these people where doing. It's the perfect way to setup a thread to bash veganism.
    Last edited by insert random number; 2019-05-28 at 12:54 PM.

No, but you and people like you who do nothing but regurgitate whatever your chosen news network shits on you always make every thread you're in about a classic American "us vs them" political debate.
    LOL if you're just going to rant for no reason, pick a target that actually cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by insert random number View Post
    I think when Segus called you a political screecher he meant in general on this forum. Not specifically this thread. I'm also pretty sure you are well aware of this.

So he's just flaming me openly for no reason? Guess I know who to report.

LOL if you're just going to rant for no reason, pick a target that actually cares.
    Responding to his post and not to mine sort of proves his point.

Responding to his post and not to mine sort of proves his point.
    Yet I responded to your post, for a new poster you seem to think you know me. hmm.

Yet I responded to your post, for a new poster you seem to think you know me. hmm.
    Even more so now that you've only responded to the part of my post that doesn't actually touch on the OP. I'm not a new poster.

Even more so now that you've only responded to the part of my post that doesn't actually touch on the OP. I'm not a new poster.
    I only give thoughtful repies to people who aren't "new" I don't care what your opinion is, that is my right.

I only give thoughtful repies to people who aren't "new" I don't care what your opinion is, that is my right.
    That's a nice way to dodge. It's transparent though and it further proves Segus' point .
    Last edited by insert random number; 2019-05-28 at 06:07 PM.

That's a nice way to dodge. It's transparent though and it proves Segus' point further.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.
    Give it a shot.
    The way you posted the article with the title frames the narrative in a certain way. I've seen this article come through various news agencies and many of them omit the fact that they where "vegan" because the diet they where feeding their newborn is nothing like the average vegan diet.

Your framing makes it easy to conflate a vegan diet to whatever it is that these people where doing. It's the perfect way to setup a thread to bash veganism.
    What is it with you political screechers and just going full radio silence when something becomes hard to argue with? Are you all that much of a one-track mind that the only thing you are is someone who just constantly screams whatever your side of the media dumps on you?
    Or full radio silence.
    Last edited by insert random number; 2019-05-28 at 01:29 PM.

I guess that means you're at least aware of it.