When You Don't Have Content for years but you have some tasty packages in-game

I get shocked every time I see evidence that there's still some people who play Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I get shocked every time I see evidence that there's still some people who play Rift.
    Just logging in time to time, helping my friends newbies and logging off quickly that's what I do mostly. So many people's are sitting in tempest bay afk

Sad the game seems almost dead. I still to this day haven't found a class in any game that plays as fun as Nightblade did.

in before slipmat tries to defend this trash

edit: i miss vanilla rift

I really enjoyed Rift back in the day. It was easily up there with WoW if you were looking for the BC style Raid Progression and endgame. I always thought that if it had come before WoW it might be where WoW is now.

Unfortunately, it's not. And what's left is a shell of a game. It had a good run-- better than a lot of WoW competitor MMOs to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Belenath View Post
    I really enjoyed Rift back in the day. It was easily up there with WoW if you were looking for the BC style Raid Progression and endgame. I always thought that if it had come before WoW it might be where WoW is now.

Unfortunately, it's not. And what's left is a shell of a game. It had a good run-- better than a lot of WoW competitor MMOs to be honest.
    the dungeons were good, especially the original intrepid dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Belenath View Post

100% this. Rift was the absolute only MMO (to this day even) that had any real effect on attempting to capture what drew me to WoW. The dungeons and raids were right up there with BC.

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    the dungeons were good, especially the original intrepid dungeons
    The first raid was a bit too easy and buggy, although it looked amazing. Hammerknell however was absolutely one of the best raiding experiences I ever had. Art style, layout, boss mechanics, everything was on point. Definitely the highpoint for RIFT. From the first expansion onwards however the game was spiralling. Definitely not worth jumping in now tbh.

I remember being in Slipmat's guild, YEARSSSS ago was great fun

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    The first raid was a bit too easy and buggy, although it looked amazing. Hammerknell however was absolutely one of the best raiding experiences I ever had. Art style, layout, boss mechanics, everything was on point. Definitely the highpoint for RIFT. From the first expansion onwards however the game was spiralling. Definitely not worth jumping in now tbh.
    Storm Legion was easily the high point in Rift; the raids were far better (even had a challenging 10-man raid), classes were all within 5% of each other (something WoW never does), and the sense of exploration from all the new zones made for a fantastic leveling experience. It literally tripled the landmass with more area than WoW expansions.

I will give vanilla Rift credit when it comes to PvP. Ember Isle had massive faction battles, often between entire top guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    in before slipmat tries to defend this trash

edit: i miss vanilla rift
    It appears even Slipmat has not posted here in over 2 months. If even he is not here, Rift must really be dead now. So sad. I really enjoyed "chocolate" Rift and SL was a pretty enjoyable experience as well. Just went way downhill after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    It appears even Slipmat has not posted here in over 2 months.
    Lets not look a gift horse in the mouth now...
    If even he is not here, Rift must really be dead now. So sad. I really enjoyed "chocolate" Rift and SL was a pretty enjoyable experience as well. Just went way downhill after that.
    I'm kinda curious when MMO-C is going to shut down the Rift sub-section here. Only a matter of time.

Thank you very much. Very helpful information.

Slipmat is not logging on Rift Lately. Some people says Gamigo will open ASIAN server and it will be f2p. Current EU peak is hardly 300 people I can clearly say that and still there is nothing new. So many people didnt know game will sold the gamigo I mean we are talking about rift community tho I cannot expect much. Main game is Trove for gamigo it has good peak of player. Archeage is getting content updates time to time. I mean I'm speechless about rift. Its bleeding...

I thought about making more videos but Rift Community is so dumb they are labeling me whiner etc so I gave up there is no point of helping those people man.

Well, it pointless to make vids, because they are the most loyal customers out there, I guess. Most of the people left already.
    I logged in today to look around, but damn, the servers are just dead. I am not sure whats going on in NA, but the EU shards are just empty. Not a single soul.

It hurts to see how a few retarded decisions can ruin a perfectly fine game. Damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    It appears even Slipmat has not posted here in over 2 months. If even he is not here, Rift must really be dead now
    Sorry to disappoint but still here I'm just playing the waiting game to see if Gamigo will actually get the finger out and start producing new content, right now they seem to be focusing on moving the North American cluster onto Google Cloud Service, same as they did with the European Cluster, there's moves on the PTS with some class balances and changes, Clerics are getting some love.

Until there's actual, proper new content i don't see the point of posting here but soon as it happens i'm sure you'll all get to enjoy my company once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    but soon as it happens i'm sure you'll all get to enjoy my company once again.
    I think we may be waiting a long time for that to happen. Maybe even forever.