Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Are they gonna make current WoW more like Classic WoW in the next expansion?

I played the beta and I felt so good, I had so much fun and now I remember why I started playing WoW. For some reason it feels like another world I can immerse myself into. As soon as I accepted my first quest I know I had a fun but hard journey ahead of me. No more pet battles, no more achievements, no more transmog fashion shows, just the pure game and the "living" world and honestly, at least to me, it is more fun than BfA. It's astonishing how much the current game has changed over the years, and it makes me sad knowing that it has became worse. One good example is the pace of the game. BfA is so fast, there is no time to just relax, you do everything fast paced and not because you are so hyped up, it's because everything is made that way, the reward system makes you feel like there is no reward at all, its just another yeah better ilvl who cares thing. There is just so much more value building your character in Classic.

Do you guys think they will learn from this and make the next expansion of WoW more like Classic?

Too early...if they are gonna do that they will wait till they see how successful classic is and even then it would be too close to next expansion to make changes. So maybe after the next one.

I'm going to give it a 50/50 chance they will learn from Classic WoW.

You mean with less content, more low rate loot quest and more boring classes?

I think there's a middle ground of making the game a bit more challenging (in the open world) and make rewards feel more rewarding without sacrificing great side additions to the game like pet battles or achievements or collecting mounts/pets. People seem to be enjoying the beta but also ignoring (or not be aware of) the issues that will come at launch. I'm not gonna play classic but I'm intrigued to see how newer wow players who buy FH boosts to get 10 levels will cope with leveling for 8 hours to get 2 levels.

For the 600th time on these forums: no. The entire reason Classic exists is so that people can play it if they want game design from 14 years ago. If they want a game that's actually difficult instead of tedious and has actual content that people other than raiders can play, they have retail. Don't poison retail with crap Classic design.

Classic already was played out they learned everything they had to from it.
    Stop beating a dead horse.
    Most people don't want to spend days leveling weapon skills fighting one mob at a time just to be done with boring tedious questing.
    I've been there i've done that i don't want to do it again.

Farming azerite isnt fun either but neither is what i described above.
    Raiding and doing dungeons is where the game is at it always has been even in Classic sadly most of you will not understand that in classic raiding was even more restricted then it is now assuming you want to raid mythic.

There is nothing to be learned from classic that hasn't already been in the game and explored multiple times.
    Why do you think we have what we have now?
    People bitched and moaned back then how slow the game was how they had nothing to do cuz they couldn't raid.
    Blizzard made things more accessible now we turned the other side "but mooooooooom everything is so easy to get in to i want it like it was back in the day when i was young wee lad thinking i now better but i didn't" type of scenario ..........

Best of both worlds was MoP in terms gameplay raiding classes and what not you had.
    Yes we got pandas i know but the game was probably at its highest point it has ever been in terms of fun.
    Raids were good classes felt finished for the most part you had engaging ways of improving you had items(few trinkets) who changed game play around it was for the most part as close as a perfection could get in this never ending wheel that just changes on a whim of its creators.

Classic was not that and there's nothing to be learned from it apart from the fact that people like nostalgia

Highly doubt it. Classic lovers will play Classic. People who like WoW as it is now will play Retail. Blizzard get money from both sets of players.

What purpose would it possibly serve by pushing away people who like Retail?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    I played the beta and I felt so good, I had so much fun and now I remember why I started playing WoW. For some reason it feels like another world I can immerse myself into. As soon as I accepted my first quest I know I had a fun but hard journey ahead of me. No more pet battles, no more achievements, no more transmog fashion shows, just the pure game and the "living" world and honestly, at least to me, it is more fun than BfA. It's astonishing how much the current game has changed over the years, and it makes me sad knowing that it has became worse. One good example is the pace of the game. BfA is so fast, there is no time to just relax, you do everything fast paced and not because you are so hyped up, it's because everything is made that way, the reward system makes you feel like there is no reward at all, its just another yeah better ilvl who cares thing. There is just so much more value building your character in Classic.

Do you guys think they will learn from this and make the next expansion of WoW more like Classic?
    wont lie i wish .

i wish they made is back to be the easiest version of endgame which ever was in game

and classes with 2 buttons rotations

game would be so much more casual friendly then

raids would be cleared on day 1 and toxic nolifers would unsub month after patch lands leaving game to casual

10+ Year Old Account

Way too late for that. Classic isn't out and when Classic is out, we're running closer to announcement.

Sadly, even though people disagree, BFA is like it is because a lot of demands has turned it on these rails.

They will most likely learn within the next expansion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We don't need classic crap in retail wow.

I'd probably like to see them go to something like TBC or early Wrath for their future design (minus the trash 3.0 raid content).
    Talent trees and glyphs were good systems and a good foundation to character building that deserved refinement, not to be deleted.
    Jewels and their bonuses (minus the meta socket) are better than Reforging.
    Legendaries were what they should be in Vanilla and WotLK. The way legendaries were handled in TBC was one of the few blemishes on an otherwise great expansion.

There is, though, a lot to learn in the structure of the world and its content in 1.12.
    Vanilla crafting was great.
    Long quest chains like the T0.5 questchain, Onyxia attunement, etc. feel much more meaningful than anything equivalent which the modern game has to offer.
    Vanilla had a world that felt both used and useful; something that retail could very much use.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I hope they do. But it may be too late. I think a lot of it has to do with the pacing. Maybe if they made it an option to lower xp gains it would be closer. I loved what I've seen/remembered from classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    You mean with less content, more low rate loot quest and more boring classes?
    You think that BFA classes are good ? even if classis classes are not good, they are still better than we have now.

i hope that they might get somewhat of a clue that showering you in loot is not always the best option, going full vanilla style? nah but somewhere in between i think can be healty!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You think that BFA classes are good ? even if classis classes are not good, they are still better than we have now.
    The thing I'm curious about with classic is to see which people will jump on the bad classes/specs. When vanilla was current nobody knew how it played out and the classes all had their gimmicks but now that we know how vanilla played out (and they are keeping classic the same) how are you gonna convince some people to play an inferior class that you still need just for buffs/support? People love fotm class picks and now that you know which classes were strong throughout vanilla, I can see a lot of people jumping on those VS a "support" class.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic had specs with literal one skill "rotations". There is no possible way you can claim this is superior to current design.

Oh you mean the one button rotation clssses from vanilla and the most complex viable rotation had two buttons. Such a complex gameplay.

We had that exact same thread not a week ago.

Seems like the classic beta has finally breached the containment of the looney bin that is the classic wow subforum.

Hope not. If someone wants to play Peggle while travelling to some dungeon on foot, or eat some food to regain mana before pulling another npc - that person can play Classic, not Retail.