111. This poll is closed
  • Retail WoW is worse

43 38.74%
  • GoT S8 is worse

68 61.26%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres the option to vote for this post being worse than both?
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2019-05-24 at 06:03 PM.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

While GoT S8 isn't perfect, the basis of most whining seem to be some people's cluelessness of what GoT is really all about. What did they expect, really?

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    My vote goes to retail wow being worse.
    How is this a question? GoT s8 biggest problem is it was rushed, people wanted more.

I don't want any more of BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Season 8 was fine, sure they could have built her insanity up more but what can you do? No ones expectations would have been met no matter what happened.

Jon ended up with his first love in the end, Ghost. That is all that really matters.
    They did build her insanity up. It was simply used against "bad guys", so she was viewed as a heroine.

If they would've made her madness more apparent, it would have been just as much fun as spoiling the plans of the red wedding before it even happened. That's just poor story telling. You can't be too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraendil View Post
    While GoT S8 isn't perfect, the basis of most whining seem to be some people's cluelessness of what GoT is really all about. What did they expect, really?
    Without turning this thread into yet another GoT thread, the quick answer is that people simply wanted a much more fleshed out season. Season 8 as it turned out is completely rushed. Its not as much of a matter of not liking the results, but rather that the pacing is rather atrocious. And D&D could have gotten more episodes, but they refused because they rather want to start on the new Star Wars trilogy asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Classic is mid tier at best if you rank all the WoW releases
    I wouldn't even put it at mid tier. Honestly My ranking would be something like Wrath>MoP>TBC>Legion>Cata>Wod>Vanilla>BfA

I base a lot off how fun classes were, and classes were snoozefests in vanilla, most of the specs were barely functional.

10+ Year Old Account
    My vote goes to your thread. Sorry.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Without turning this thread into yet another GoT thread, the quick answer is that people simply wanted a much more fleshed out season. Season 8 as it turned out is completely rushed. Its not as much of a matter of not liking the results, but rather that the pacing is rather atrocious. And D&D could have gotten more episodes, but they refused because they rather want to start on the new Star Wars trilogy asap.
    You can't really say that s8 is "trash" or "horrible" or whatever if the plot at least took some interesting turns. You'd have to completely trash the story and the characters, and that simply didn't happen. It was just not done satisfying enough, and with quite some plot holes.

Retail WoW > Classic WoW > GOT S8 > This thread

And for perspective, retail is still pretty shitty.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd say GoT, even if only because S8 seems to have been written by an Afrasiabi on steroids. It really takes a peculiar kind of skill to trash so thoroughly one of the arguably best TV shows in many years.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

My vote goes to "those who seem to make it their life mission to shit on modern WoW" which includes creating this thread.

They had the funding to make 10 seasons and bullshited their way down to 8 to get a fast payout and run. Wow isn’t even in the same league as how bad they messed up and rushed out season 8 in GoT..

10+ Year Old Account
    That's like trying to compare a turd with corn it to a turd with peanuts in it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

We knew retail wow was gonna be trash since beta, got kinda dropped the mega duece on us over the course of 6 1 1/2 hr periods

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    As bad as GoT S8 was, WoW's story is infinitely worse.

Classic wow is worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Luv me norf
    Luv me queen
    Luv me dragons

Simple as
    So let me get this right. You're annoyed with Jon Snow because he tried staying true to his word/oath? The same guy who was raised by Ned Stark who cared for nothing more than honor and staying true to your word. Since when have we seen Jon break his word/oath? "OUT OF CHARACTER, JON HAS NEVER BEEN SUCH A CUCK BEFORE!" And before you go off about how he had sex while in the nights watch, they joke about that by saying they'd have no one to defend the wall if they executed every man who went off to the nearest tavern and bed a woman.

I just find it funny that people try to act like Jon trying to stay true to his word is lazy writing. The dude embodies Ned Stark.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

As if season 8 was the real sinner. We've been getting bad writing since late season 4, and when people accept bad writing, why should they not see how far they could go before people started moaning about a story that doesn't make sense.

Classic wow is way better then both so we don't need an option for that.
    I really want to tear this statement and the person who made it a new orifice. But it's not worth getting my account banned again for the momentary satisfaction.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    What an edgy thread, i recommend gettin a hobby tbh.
    Seems like for some people jumping from one hated thing to another is a hobby. I think it's part of outrage "culture".