22 12.87%
  • Northrend Revamp

47 27.49%
  • Cataclysm Revamp

6 3.51%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    But this time they should make sure to release a new race alongside it, unlike they did in Cata. Give people a reason to go do new content.
    So goblins and worgen are... what, exactly?
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Little greedy pricks and mangy dogs?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    hahahaha, I just loled so hard!!! you just made my day XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I disagree. They don't need to rework it because of "all the hype over classic". You don't change something because of hype, when on the other hand you have facts about how many people play your CURRENT retail product. Because ...look up what "hype" means:

- "to repeatedly advertise and discuss something in newspapers, on television, etc. in order to attract everyone's interest"

or
    -"A fad. A clever marketing strategy which a product is advertised as the thing everyone must have, to the point where people begin to feel they need to consume it. (in this case, it is not even a clever thing by Blizzard, but you guys here on forums and streams create the hype, so thank you very much, yours Blizzard ^^?

quotes taken from the Cambridge dictionary and the urban dictionary...take your pick..to me a hype was always associated with shallowness and eventually a fad. Cataclysms announcement and what people expected is probably the best example. Also the best example of "you think you do, but you don't" in relation to 5 man difficulties.

Let us come back to to this AFTER Classic is released and we see how many people play it...and still play it after 6 months....or 12.

THEN you decide if you want to rework your current game - because making a game or x-pac really does not happen in a day or two. It takes quite some time, the next x-pac is probably very advanced.

If they delay the next x-pac to rework it...then we are on to something...until then..yeah....not much chance and certainly I would want random streamers or forum posters tell me what I "need" to do.

Disclaimer: I have no idea how Classic will do, I don't care if it fails or is successful - just don't act on hype. And a personal perspective: Been there, done it, don't care the remotest bit of playing it. I want new things in my life, not eternally re-living the past
    I see your point, but my idea behind the "Hype settence" was that since now even people who never wanted to play vanilla want to join in on it where people see that Classic Warcraft was a very immersive and Character groth driven leveling system.

I have been here since 2005 so I know all about vanilla and up until now, what I meant to say is that blizzard will see and understnad that levleing in current world of warcraft is very outdated... and need to get a real and big change/fix

PS: I am not saying that we have to go back 100% to vanillas systems... but we can take the good stuff from the old days and creat new and interesting system in current world of warcraft... there is a reason why so many people fell in love with Vanilla world of warcraft (yes, I was one of them)
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

there are not going to do one.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Game needs a sequel, not a small touch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    if they did a Revamp they should push the Scaling up to max level making the entire revamp zone relevenat at max level.

do you think that would be cool?
    with world quests all over azeroth, that would be cool.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That Furbolg looks sick. I would definitely play that.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    Game needs a sequel, not a small touch up.
    If WoW gets a WoW 2, I am pretty much done. I've put so much work into my character and progression it's the reason I keep playing basically. So if they said "WoW is done, come play WoW 2" I'd feel like I could finally get off this train for good. No regrets.

No!No!No!

I don't want another Cataclysm. Big effin pass, that still stands as the worst WoW expansion to me. At least WoD was fun to play and had it's own continent.

This would only make sense if there was a time skip and both the full continents were the "new continent" per se.

But honestly, i want new stuff, i don't want the same stuff again with different asset placements. I think the way warfronts revamped zones is the way to revisit these places, not basing a whole expansion on them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    No!No!No!

I don't want another Cataclysm. Big effin pass, that still stands as the worst WoW expansion to me. At least WoD was fun to play and had it's own continent.

This would only make sense if there was a time skip and both the full continents were the "new continent" per se.

But honestly, i want new stuff, i don't want the same stuff again with different asset placements. I think the way warfronts revamped zones is the way to revisit these places, not basing a whole expansion on them.
    But Cataclysm wasn't mediocre because of the old world revamp. The HC fiasco, the aborted Abyssal Maw raid, the whole Dragon Soul debacle, the very poor story (especially the way Deathwing was portrayed in-game) were far more important reasons. Of course the revamp is to blame in part, but mostly because of how it was done (ZOMG LAVA AND TORNADOES EVERYWHERE OMGOMG TEH CATACLYSM IS UPON US), not because of the revamp itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    But Cataclysm wasn't mediocre because of the old world revamp. The HC fiasco, the aborted Abyssal Maw raid, the whole Dragon Soul debacle, the very poor story (especially the way Deathwing was portrayed in-game) were far more important reasons. Of course the revamp is to blame in part, but mostly because of how it was done (ZOMG LAVA AND TORNADOES EVERYWHERE OMGOMG TEH CATACLYSM IS UPON US), not because of the revamp itself.
    Yes, it was. By blizz's own admission. They were overworked revamping the old world and had to delay or cancel end-game content for it. Path of the titans? The Neptulon raid? They overextended too much and i don't want to run that risk and have a huge content drought like there was in Cataclysm.

It is simply not worth it for leveling areas hardly anyone is gonna play through. It will be a disaster. 100% sure of that.

Wich is why i'm pretty confident they won't do it.

They will make changes to leveling. Maybe pace it differently. I would hope they nerf the level cap and have everyone level to max in the classic world and have expansion levels for any of the expansions rather than a hard level cap increase. That would be the best design imo.
    But placing resources into revamping the whole 2 continent in 2 years when they struggled to get cataclysm done and we suffered from it? No, thanks. Not worth it.
    I want a max level expansion not a leveling expansion. And honestly you triggered me. F*CK leveling! It's boring and useless. It serves no purpose but as a extremely slow and boring introduction to the real game, where we spend 99% of the time, wich is end-game. I wish leveling was completely removed from MMO's. It's false advertising and a pointless side game time sink. I'd rather have the whole game be at level cap and be relevant. Some MMO's already do that by de-leveling you according to the area you are on and making the rewards relevant. I would much prefer that.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-06-01 at 11:02 AM.

Where is the option for NO FUCKING MORE REVAMPS!

Classic is hugely popular because Cata was a giant failure. ALL REVAMPS FAIL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the assets and certain clues within BFA lead me to believe that the next expansion will somehow be focused around the Black Dragonflight and/or whatever's going on with the Lich King. Another world revamp would certainly be nice but they really need to find a way to utilize all of the areas within the game instead of confining the entire expansion within the new zones they add. It makes the game feel smaller.

Fact is, both the Eastern Kingoms and Kalimdor need a revamp, badly. Whether they're going to do it or not is anyone's guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    That Furbolg looks sick. I would definitely play that.
    Yeah, I agree 100%, since how they look now looks very Un-natural so a rework like this would fit them perfectly
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    We could conspiracy this a bit and say they want to revamp Azeroth again so in 5 to 10 years when the release of Cata and beyond expansions happens people will be hype to see middle-Roth again. Although I am not sure it will be as effective. Yeah, probably over the top.
    What do you mean about this? you mean that after this revamp we want another revamp in 5 to 10 years?

The Ideas is that this Revamp would focus on Ever green content and up date the Grapics, that way this revamp would be done in a very smart way, the Develpment team of today is way bigger and more well ogranized so it would be done with more care and not end up beeing pushed out in such a rushed state as we did with Cataclsym... many of the zones shows great signs of rushed content.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Revamp everything, make the whole world endgame. End WoW there after the expansion is finished, let it run in maintenance mode for another 15 years.
    I agree with the first half. Remake the world. Let the people of azeroth start rebuilding the destruction of derpwing. Rebuild towns etc.
    Then make the entire world a endgame zone with worldquests, dynamic events etc. Bring back the scourge and have the players fight across the entire world against it.

After this expansion is done, they can start going new places. Eternal planes etc

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    What do you mean about this? you mean that after this revamp we want another revamp in 5 to 10 years?

The Ideas is that this Revamp would focus on Ever green content and up date the Grapics, that way this revamp would be done in a very smart way, the Develpment team of today is way bigger and more well ogranized so it would be done with more care and not end up beeing pushed out in such a rushed state as we did with Cataclsym... many of the zones shows great signs of rushed content.
    Sure. The current team has been knocking out hits like WOD and BFA. They are to have the knee bent for them for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world does need to be updated, but there is way too much work. They'd have to make an expansion of just the world revamp alone...

But I do agree, especially as leveling up really does take you out of the immersion. Continuity wise it's a mess. Old world, Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor and the Broken Isles all need to be updated to the current time.

There is literally so much time displacement right now, especially if you are leveling a new character

The only other option is release WoW 2, but I am not sure many people would want that. Or an alternate fresh journey to max level that ignores all those expansions, but thats still a lot of work.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-06-08 at 11:55 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Hussar View Post
    I can see a Northrend revamp.
    It would be this.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...aked-on-reddit
    A revamp of Northrend would be amazing and very interesting, I like the link you have added, and some of the ideas, but other seems kinda half tought threw, but in the end good thinking, better to dream and think then just keep quiet
    -