Poll: Are we heading towards an Old Gods expansion?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post
    I think/very much hope so, but wouldn’t know how soon.

How about everyone else?
    yes and i for one welcome our tentacled overlords
    Cahf ah nafl mglw'nafh hh' ahor syha'h ah'legeth, ng llll or'azath syha'hnahh n'ghftephai n'gha ahornah ah'mglw'nafh

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    yes and i for one welcome our tentacled overlords
    Cahf ah nafl mglw'nafh hh' ahor syha'h ah'legeth, ng llll or'azath syha'hnahh n'ghftephai n'gha ahornah ah'mglw'nafh
    It's ok to suffer of dyslexia

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    One of mop's major lore parts was faction war.
    And the faction war is what ultimately caused Y'shaarj's return due to Garrosh wanting to control the Sha.

In BFA however, the faction war is independent of the Old God story lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    And what then? The Void Lords are the most powerful threat that will ever exist in the Warcraft universe.
    Then there will be more retcon. Until those books we were all pretty sure that sageras was the big bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bas View Post
    Blizzard said the biggest warfront is yet to come so at least 50% of 8.3 will be about Sylvanas and the faction war, alliance + rebels vs Sylvanas and loyalists. It would really suck if N´zoth would die so quickly in a patch that´s only 50% about him. And Argus could easily have been an expansion of its own.

why would the void lords get 4 expansions and N´zorth just die the patch after he is freed in an expansion not even centered about him but...? Obviously this is the Great Sea expansion everyone wanted disguised as faction war expansion, not and Old God expansion. And I´m certainly not interested in WLk v2.0 or Legion v2.0 or other shitty filler expansions they throw at us. Blizzard has 2 great expansion concepts left, Old Gods and Void Lords so if we kill him now that´s 2 years enjoyment of WoW less (minus the 1 month I´ll enjoy 8.3 or so)

So every Old God died in one patch? That´s exactly why they should give N´zorth his own expansion. The Old Gods are big enough to have at least one expansion of their own so it would suck if they all died in 1 patch.
    That would be like saying that Loki deserves his own expac. They are of similar level of power. No one is saying he deserves it so why would an old god?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Nah WoW aint shit without the faction war. They need to stop half assing it and go full Warhammer already.
    I strongly disagree. I could not care less about faction war, and I think I am not alone with this.
    The factions are just weird and boring at the same time. Nothing makes sense. Stop this nonsense. We want big baddies not race wars. This is just snorefest.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

It's always an old god expansion - even when it isn't.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Weallscream View Post
    It's ok to suffer of dyslexia
    yes i am dyslexic

Give me some suggestions of an enemy STRONGER than the Void Lords. They are such an insidious and malevolent enemy that even Sargeras fears their potential, and if they got their hands on a Titan, it would be the end of creation as we know it.

So how can Blizzard somehow insert an even bigger threat than the Void Lords?

And for the record, before the Void Lords' introduction, Sargeras was not the most powerful threat in the universe. Remember how it was stated in the War of the Ancients trilogy that if the Old Gods broke free, even Sargeras would BEG for the mercy of a swift death?

10+ Year Old Account
    So how can Blizzard somehow insert an even bigger threat than the Void Lords?
    Sure thing - Gzzkrasses of Zlocktra, a race of sentient cyborg nazi unicorns took over Pantheon and remnants of the Legion and aims to destroy everything we hold dear! This will be the battle of the endtimes!

Duuuuude... Blizz can make shit up in a same way they made up Void Lords and they can make it seem like THE THREAT that will destroy us all too. What makes you think they can't? Heck know what's next in line after we take out Void Lords? Naaru going cray cray - already seen that potential with Lightbound and Xera. Silly to think they won't explore that path they deliberately setup too.

And then you have another setup of Void being apparently afraid as fuck of Sylvanas and whatever is behind her, so it seems Void Lords aren't exactly THE OMG ultimate threat there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Sure thing - Gzzkrasses of Zlocktra, a race of sentient cyborg nazi unicorns took over Pantheon and remnants of the Legion and aims to destroy everything we hold dear! This will be the battle of the endtimes!

Duuuuude... Blizz can make shit up in a same way they made up Void Lords and they can make it seem like THE THREAT that will destroy us all too. What makes you think they can't? Heck know what's next in line after we take out Void Lords? Naaru going cray cray - already seen that potential with Lightbound and Xera. Silly to think they won't explore that path they deliberately setup too.

And then you have another setup of Void being apparently afraid as fuck of Sylvanas and whatever is behind her, so it seems Void Lords aren't exactly THE OMG ultimate threat there either.
    You know that they had the same reaction to Turalyon, right? They were just trying to turn Alleria mad.

But do give other suggestions. So you think Nazi Naaru would be an even greater threat than the Void Lords? Seeing how easily Illidan killed one, I doubt that.

I guess I should elaborate. Even if other threats come after the Void Lords, they will never be as dangerous as they were, thus the stakes will be much lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know that they had the same reaction to Turalyon, right? They were just trying to turn Alleria mad.

But do give other suggestions. So you think Nazi Naaru would be an even greater threat than the Void Lords? Seeing how easily Illidan killed one, I doubt that.

I guess I should elaborate. Even if other threats come after the Void Lords, they will never be as dangerous as they were, thus the stakes will be much lower.
    They were enough of a threat to completely take over Draenor. It's pretty clear Lightbound and Xera are not some random shit there - it's a setup for future.

As I said - Void Lords were made up as Blizz went and it's silly to think they can't make up other apocalyptic shit, especially how they setup Death and Light to be such threats to be used in the future. It does not even need to be a galactic threat, because we're not frikkin' Guardians of The Galaxy here - guys like Lich King, Deathwing and Old Gods are pretty much local threats and they were pretty damn huge for us, so anything of that manner is enough.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pffft... Come on guys, this is not an old god expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I am afraid that they scrapped N'zoth expansion in favor of making BfA.
    This. And on the same occasion wasted Azshara.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I strongly disagree. I could not care less about faction war, and I think I am not alone with this.
    The factions are just weird and boring at the same time. Nothing makes sense. Stop this nonsense. We want big baddies not race wars. This is just snorefest.
    Orcs vs Humans (vs Undead vs Night Elves). Its the backbone of Warcraft and always will be.

Maybe not specifically "Old Gods" as we know them, but perhaps more heavily Void-themed. The Void has done a lot more than mess with Azeroth, and the Void Lords jettisoned more Old Gods than we've seen in the distant past to land on whatever worlds they could (in hopes of finding a World-Soul). It's possible we could see more Old Gods on other planets, but I wouldn't count on them being as important as the Old Gods we've fought/are fighting. I would imagine that we'd see some other Old Gods in relative strength/importance to G'huun.

I'm guessing we'll eventually get to a "Light vs Void" expansion, since it's been shown that the Light isn't inherently "good" (like Xe'ra, AU "Light Mother"). If, in the end, we are mere tools for both the Light and Void, it really wouldn't make sense for us to only go after the Void Lords - we've seen that the Light can destroy planets if left unchecked (via AU Lightbound on Draenor). K'aresh would be a good place, since it seems to be in a state like Outland (based off of very little lore we've been given), where we could fight against more of the Void/Void-corrupted races, which could lead into a fight between the Void, Light, and us.

Alternatively, we could have a death theme, visiting the Shadowlands. The Void could certainly have their tentacles in that stew as well, as we've seen they can control, manipulate, and consume souls as well. The Shadowlands could also be a pretty unique and strange place, since we know almost nothing about it (other than we visit part of it when we die in-game). Northrend/the Scourge could fit into this as well.

Or, they could take us to a new continent, island, or other landmass on Azeroth that's filled with new bad guys, unknown new races, and other shenanigans. They did this with MoP (and the Broken Isles, to an extent, since it was mostly new lore and locations), and integrated it into the world well enough through the Titans and Old Gods.

Or, we could have another Legion-leaning expansion, without it being as overbearingly fel green as Legion was. We know from Chromie's scenario that the Legion is still active in the future, and we certainly didn't kill every single demon in the known cosmos. It's even debatable if we stopped their ability to regenerate when they die - they did it before Sargeras used Argus for that, and made Mardum to contain them all. To negate another "fel green" expansion, while also being Legion-themed, we could simply visit a planet where a race of demons come from. Nathreza is in a state like Outland - the Demon Hunters destroyed part of it in Illidan's novel, but they still make a portal to it to summon Nathrezim in Antorus, meaning it's still around. They could use completely different colors, shapes, buildings, spells, etc to show off Dreadlord culture. Lothraxion could also be a major character in this theme.

If/when they ever decide to end WoW, I would bet it would be a "Light vs Void" expansion. Though, if they did that expansion without ending the MMO, they could make up new bad guys whenever they wanted. They did that with Sargeras and the Void Lords, after all. It would also stand to reason that something made the Light and Void before they clashed and made everything else. But, who knows? /shrug
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fingers (or tentacles) crossed!