Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    According to wiki, the heel helps/helped prevent their foot from slipping through the stirrup and getting stuck (and potentially dragged to death) if they're thrown from the saddle.
    Identical reason why a defined heel is required for train crew employees. So they don't get stuck and dragged behind the car they're riding on.

Thanks for the response.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't know mens dress shoes if they didn't know the heeled shoes were a thing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You being wrong doesn't change what I said I used to be very involved in that 'world' if you will. Heels matter. A lot.
    I'm wrong that Cowboy style boots have a heel? or that they're called boots? what was the point you wanted to make? Do real cowboys worth their salt call them Cowboy heels, because that'll be a first for me.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    According to wiki, the heel helps/helped prevent their foot from slipping through the stirrup and getting stuck (and potentially dragged to death) if they're thrown from the saddle.
    Actually useful info. Didn't know that before, thanks bud.
    Last edited by raz98; 2019-05-26 at 03:24 AM.

Heels along with leggings were originally men's fashion 400+ years ago.

While it keeps me busy from all the women clientele seeking relief from their lower back pain. Heels are brutal on the feet, hips and spine.
    With that said, I still think heels are quite possibly one of the worst fashion inventions we ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post

While it keeps me busy from all the women clientele seeking relief from their lower back pain. Heels are brutal on the feet, hips and spine.
    With that said, I still think heels are quite possibly one of the worst fashion inventions we ever created.
    what about those metal cages women used to wear to give their dresses that fucked up bulbous shape? Those things seem like torture devices.

I mean, haven't men worn heels historically? Those old British shoes had heels, cowboy boots and biker boots have heels. Some dress shoes have heels. In fact I never noticed it but my dress shoes have heels.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post

I would have to say that corsets are even worse, while of course heals would do a number on the back feet and so on, they did not redistribute and possibly damage the internal organs, while making it hard to breathe all in the name of an over the top hourglass figure..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I would have to say that corsets are even worse, while of course heals would do a number on the back feet and so on, they did not redistribute and possibly damage the internal organs, while making it hard to breathe all in the name of an over the top hourglass figure..
    Oh yeah, good point. Corsets are worse by leaps and bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Oh yeah, good point. Corsets are worse by leaps and bounds.
    I think bound feet takes the cake.

You will see a lot of shorter actors wearing kind of those raised shoes to appear taller.

Yeah, I remember a couple years back when folks got triggered and started mocking Marco Rubio for his heels. Personally I would side with @Celista, I've heard heels aren't the best thing for anyone, health/joint-wise. That said, it doesn't bother me when folks where heels. Andre the Giant wore heels. I worked with a woman who was probably 6'1 or so naturally who liked wearing 3+ inch heels. Cowboy boots have had heels since forever. So it's not a "short person" thing. There are folks of all heights who like to feel taller. I wouldn't bother to get bothered by it. If you want to walk on stilts so you can feel eight feet tall, meh, whatever makes you feel good.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2019-05-26 at 04:10 AM.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

The sooner people realize that these kinds of articles have such sensationalist titles to get exactly this response, the better so we can stop seeing posts like this from people on MMO-C too gullible or too oblivious to understand the concept of attention-grabbing headlines.

You shared it, you gave them exactly what they wanted. There isn't some insidious plan to feminize men, there's an insidious plan to get clicks from people like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    heels were actually invented by men for men. i think in medieval france? not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    heels were actually invented by men for men. i think in medieval france? not sure.
    yep. back in those days men wore hose and heels have this thing where they emphasize muscles of your legs and butt, which made those men in heels look more muscled and as a result - more masculine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Imagine being so frail that you constantly cry about a country you dont live in. Imagine being so ignorant you constantly cry about laws, racial relations, and issues of a place you have not lived in so can't understand.
    Imagine being so triggered that you have to answer me in every single thread with unrelated nonsense. And it`s certainly not me who`s ignorant.

is this a "short man" thing? Any tall man wearing these will look like a fool lol

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    The sooner people realize that these kinds of articles have such sensationalist titles to get exactly this response, the better so we can stop seeing posts like this from people on MMO-C too gullible or too oblivious to understand the concept of attention-grabbing headlines.

You shared it, you gave them exactly what they wanted. There isn't some insidious plan to feminize men, there's an insidious plan to get clicks from people like you.
    I doubt the idiots of the internet will ever stop getting easily outraged over things like this. People such as the OP like being upset by stuff, so they are going to cling to this type of crap forever.

It's almost like heels were invented in the 10th century by the Persians so your feet would stay in the stirrup or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Me: ... No it's not.
    Fun fact: high heels were invented for men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_XIV_of_France

EDIT

Oh, I see I'm super late on this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... platforms have been part of male goth and metal look for decades... at least...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iluuni View Post
    It's almost like heels were invented in the 10th century by the Persians so your feet would stay in the stirrup or something.
    They said ‘I just hope we don’t get to a point where men are twisting their hips on television’ and you laughed! We were warned when Elvis was shacking hips, about the depravity it would cause. Now we have men in heels!? Depravity!!! /s
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi