Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Angry Mythic+ is terrible for the game

The glorified Diablo 3 greater rift system, now renamed to "Mythic+", is an un-MMO like feature that completely ruined ANY other way of gearing. It's literally a system taken from a non-MMORPG. It does not belong here.

The fact that you get the same ilvl from M+ as raiding is just awful. Why would anyone raid? Even Method has only defeated Jaina 2 times. Why farm her more? They get better gear from M+.

I was serious about raiding during this expansion for the first time since MoP. I was farming the heroics and then we started raiding as a Heroic raiding guild. It was fun. Then M+ unlocked. Guild leaders going "We expect you to farm M+ for gear and get +x ilvl by next raid"... I hate doing the same dungeons over and over again with scaled hp and dmg. Also raiding don't even give a single Tier set that looks cool... I quit raiding 3 weeks after M+ unlocked.

Raiding gear can't compete with M+. PvP gear can't compete with M+. Nothing can comete with M+.

I tried to cap on Conquest points each week to get that kind of gear but it's still miles worse than what M+10 gives.

How about making a dungeon system that can feel rewarding all expansion long without any scaling, while still giving incentive to raid? PS: Vanilla managed to do it, see dungeons set 1 and 2.

The game has gone from "raid or die" to "m+ or die", and I for one, rather die then.

"Wrong wrong wrong wrong.... wrong wrong wrong wrong ... youre wrong... youre wrrooongg" - Dr. Perry Cox

This is merely youre opinion it is by no means the worst thing to happen to WoW. To players like myself pushing keys is endless fun.. challenging myself to be better learning new strats.. Its great. I still push despite having cleared HC multiple times. Dosnt bother me at all the gear is equivalent. There can be multiple endgames.

Just because you dont like it doesnt mean its bad.
    Some do some dont... live with it.

Infinite scaling and repeatability mixed with titanforging and e-sports gogo mentality produced one of the worst features in recent memory. It promotes a toxic wannabe elitist attitude, relies on a quick fix of dopamine that has no place in MMORPG, and severely diminishes the importance of raiding.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

m+ 10 gives 400 loot. Run one heroic bod run with a couple friends and your fresh alt can have that gear without a single m+ run? I dont get your point. So that m+ gives heroic loot makes it drop better loot than mythic raids, that drop 415? What?

And 80% of method is just doing one m+ 10 for each of their alts weekly and that's it. You are pretty delusional if you ask me..
    Last edited by Clozer; 2019-05-25 at 04:27 PM.

m+ is great, the loot system is shit

Best feature implemented in WoW since raids.

Also, drop the over exaggerations, will you?
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-05-25 at 04:41 PM.

M+ is one the best additions that WoW has ever seen. Is it a perfect system? Nope. Could it use some refining? Sure. But it's still a wonderful avenue for a small group to have meaningful content any time they choose to do so.

The best part about it though, is that it is completely optional content that you don't have to participate in if you don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only part of it that bothers me to no end is the timed factor. i really dislike timed dungeons. the occasion mount run is fine, but MoP CM... and Mythic+ today, having a timed concept is just horrible. im just a very methodical player, and would appreciate challenges that allow for that. the constant rush rush rush.. you must be this class... blah blah. hate it. wont do Mythic+ because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

It's bad in the sense that, like many parts of the game, the gear it rewards for the difficulty of it makes character gear progression terrible. It's just one symptom of a larger problem which is a terrible sense of progression and gearing. There isn't anything wrong with M+ itself, bar arguments you can make for it focusing too much on trash, which makes it unfun for many.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

The problem is not that M+ gives 410 loot in the weekly chest. The real problem is the underwhelming trinkets and no tier sets from the raids. Mythic+ is a good thing, because raiding is not for everyone. In the next expansion they should remove gear systems like azerite gear/legion artifact. Develop a new system that is not tied to gear, like a talent tree with passives and/or abilities. The system should have different branches, a defensive one, an offensive one, a healing one and a utility one. The last spell should always be the most powerful one, but if someone want to mix defensives with dps it should be possible.

Bring back raid tier sets and make raid trinkets more powerful. Keep m+ as it is, än option for players to get good gear.

If there is a content in the video game you are doing just for in-game rewards, and not because you genuinely enjoy that content, then maybe you shouldn't really do it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    How are they glorified rifts when rifts don’t share the same layouts have random mobs random bosses can be done solo and don’t have rotating affixes. The only similarity is that there timed and they scale.

M+ is the only thing that keeps my guild in this game

Quote Originally Posted by Laserchicken87 View Post
    The problem is not that M+ gives 410 loot in the weekly chest. The real problem is the underwhelming trinkets and no tier sets from the raids. Mythic+ is a good thing, because raiding is not for everyone. In the next expansion they should remove gear systems like azerite gear/legion artifact. Develop a new system that is not tied to gear, like a talent tree with passives and/or abilities. The system should have different branches, a defensive one, an offensive one, a healing one and a utility one. The last spell should always be the most powerful one, but if someone want to mix defensives with dps it should be possible.

Bring back raid tier sets and make raid trinkets more powerful. Keep m+ as it is, än option for players to get good gear.
    This keeps getting said, but last I saw a lot of the most strongest trinkets still do come from raid.

Off the top of my head, Opulence's intel trinket, Conclave's agi trinket, Mekka's str one, Opulence's tanking trinket.

Hell, Grong's str trinket even gets some usage. And the healing trinket from Champions of the Light too.

That doesn't even touch Uu'nat's trinkets which are pretty strong too.

And then for Azerite, the quickest way to get good Azerite gear is from the raid. For some classes treacherous covenant is one of their best traits but you can't obtain gear with it outside of BoD.

i never done more m+ than +12, but i wish all afflixs would be random instead of weekly rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    m+ is great, the loot system is shit
    you can either have better loot or repeatablility. not both.

I quite enjoyed then when I played

OP is bad and can't get their RIO up. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by stevan021 View Post
    If there is a content in the video game you are doing just for in-game rewards, and not because you genuinely enjoy that content, then maybe you shouldn't really do it.
    If designers find their remaining customers are doing content just for the reward, not for the enjoyment, then maybe they need to rethink their game design and reward structure.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    The game has gone from "raid or die" to "m+ or die", and I for one, rather die then.
    Literally no one is telling you to do m+ content.