Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yeah, I'm taking the piss, but I actually like that Azshara is abusing their pathological heroism to achieve her goal.
    I mean she is. In the raid some bosses pretty much says it just a trial. The naga know whey they are doing, She is abusing their "we most kill bad" To push them forward, that is also why, In the end, she makes it looks like she is retreting in a desperate way Just to make us follow her.

I'm not quite convinced, I'll need a second opinion.

Oh magic conch shell, what do we need to do to stop N'zoth?

THE SHELL HAS SPOKEN!

I don’t think Sylvanas’ plan is to free N’Zoth, I think that is Magni.

Or don't give Xal'atath to Sylvanas.
    Or don't listen Xal'atath and get corrupted by N'Zoth.
    Or don't start a stupid faction war.
    Or don't empower dragon aspects all of which end up playing into N'Zoth's plan.

Amazing how N'Zoth's entire stratagem can be completely foiled by doing completely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    THE SHELL HAS SPOKEN!
    I'm doubting myself now. It's from the sea. Just like our squid boy.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey we caused the Legion invasion too!
    The August Celestials did by staging a show trial for Garrosh.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    You are mistaken if you think N'Zoth could be defated so easily. He is a master manipulator capable of weaving intricate networks of plans and plots. Such is his cunning that even defeat ends up working in his favour. And judging by how many faceless minions have found a way into the Chamber of the Heart, it is clear that N'Zoth is close to victory despite his handicap.
    Judging from the cinematic he is anything but that. Hell hes so impulsive he almost killed azshara on the spot when she declined his proposal... He reminds me more like a maniacal child throwing a tantrum than some master manipulator..

Ofc 10 000 years have passed, mby he grew up who knows..
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Judging from the cinematic he is anything but that. Hell hes so impulsive he almost killed azshara on the spot when she declined his proposal... He reminds me more like a maniacal child throwing a tantrum than some master manipulator..

I don't think so, just look at how all of a sudden a giant squid screams at us into killing a queen because "is a threat".
    People like to overthink of old gods tactical genius, but their biggest weapon is just how dumb our murderhobos and the people who gives them orders are.
    Hell, we even have Talan'ji yelling at us "if we find an Old God artifact in CoS, don't do what it wants". And what do we do?!

P.D: Unless the squid screams are just to mislead us, but so far they are always making those Old God ramblings be 100% truth so...
    Last edited by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad; 2019-05-28 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Do nothing.

Think about it. If Jaina, Bob and the Horde and Alliance PC had just turned around and left Nazjatar, Azshara doesn't get the heart and doesn't free N'zoth and her plan, along with Sylvanas' and N'zoth completely falls apart. Sure, they lost all those ships, but eh, they're lost in the opening salvo.

Discuss.
    Unsub. We all unsub. We all stop playing, servers get shut down, N'Zoths Plan never comes to fruition.

Duh, if you were a god, you too would get mad if a lowly mortal dared to blackmail you. Do you think that Sargeras, Kil'jaeden, or Archimonde would have reacted differently?

7+ Year Old Account
    Duh, if you were a god, you too would get mad if a lowly mortal dared to blackmail you.
    N'zoth is literally an eldritch being.

He should be above anything even resembling mortal emotion.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    N'zoth is literally an eldritch being.

He should be above anything even resembling mortal emotion.
    What do you want me to say? That he is flawed like literally every other Blizzard villain because they suck at writing good antagonists? I'm sure you already know that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Duh, if you were a god, you too would get mad if a lowly mortal dared to blackmail you.
    If I were a god, I'd laugh, kill her and get a more competent ally
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If I were a god, I'd laugh, kill her and get a more competent ally
    He did chuckle when she said he was nothing. Then he decided to twist her into his servitude since she could prove useful yet (he was right in thinking that).

Duh, if you were a god, you too would get mad if a lowly mortal dared to blackmail you. Do you think that Sargeras, Kil'jaeden, or Archimonde would have reacted differently?
    If i were an old god, id like to hope i werent burdened with things like human emotions. I also like to think id have some sort of impulse control to not just rage scream and threaten creatures into doing what i want. I woudlve approached azshara the same way a chessmaster approaches a game a chess, every word a carefully planned move to get as much as an advantage i could out of the exchange.

Its not blackmailing, its negotiating. And azshara did have one thing to negotiate with, her life.
    If she died that wouldve been a great loss of opportunity to nzoth. But given what we know of azshara (she is suppose to be very selfish despite what werid emotional reactions she has in the cinematic) that isnt a very likely outcome, so Nzoth had a great opportunity to make her agree to a very disadvantagous terms given her dire situation.

What i find odd is that the old gods doesnt come visit every single mortal that ever are in a dire situation with similar offers. Such an easy way to build up an army of servants. Or at least every mortal that is somewhat powerful. Hell thou could even orchestrate said situations themselves against selected targets that they could have use for.

The best villain i can think of is a coldhearted, calculating intelligent computer. It never gives up, it always improves, it always select whetever it determines to be its most advantageous outcome, it is entirely logical in its approach to aquire power. It doesnt care about honor or loyalty, it doesnt keep favorites. Who it rewards, betrays, endulges, inspires or threatens depends entirely on how it has predicted said servant to react to said treatment and what use they want out of it.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2019-05-28 at 02:01 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

If i were an old god, id like to hope i werent burdened with things like human emotions. I also like to think id have some sort of impulse control to not just rage scream and threaten creatures into doing what i want. I woudlve approached azshara the same way a chessmasters approaches a game a chess, every word a carefully planned move to get as much as an advantage i could out of the exchange.
    Yes, sadly GRRM doesn't work for Blizzard, so most of their villains have the charisma of a rabid beast.

Even if N'zoth was blinded by his rage for a moment, he still managed to overcome it, as he realized Azshara's worth and spared her life in exchange for servitude. If anything, it was smart of him to give a display of his strength first. The fear of his wrath will keep Azshara in line. Whereas if N'Zoth hadn't even tried to kill her, she might have thought he was just bluffing about him being an almighty God. But no, he would have killed Azshara if she hadn't persuaded him to bargain with her, so she knows not to incur N'Zoth's ire at the very least. She knows not to anger him, and that fear will keep her loyal (and she remains loyal to him, she doesn't backstab him like some speculated).

What was the saying? Even defeat ultimately works in the God of the Deep's favour?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-05-28 at 02:05 PM.

If i were an old god, id like to hope i werent burdened with things like human emotions. I also like to think id have some sort of impulse control to not just rage scream and threaten creatures into doing what i want. I woudlve approached azshara the same way a chessmaster approaches a game a chess, every word a carefully planned move to get as much as an advantage i could out of the exchange.

Its not blackmailing, its negotiating. And azshara did have one thing to negotiate with, her life.
    If she died that wouldve been a great loss of opportunity to nzoth. But given what we know of azshara (she is suppose to be very selfish despite what werid emotional reactions she has in the cinematic) that isnt a very likely outcome, so Nzoth had a great opportunity to make her agree to a very disadvantagous terms given her dire situation.

What i find odd is that the old gods doesnt come visit every single mortal that ever are in a dire situation with similar offers. Such an easy way to build up an army of servants. Or at least every mortal that is somewhat powerful. Hell thou could even orchestrate said situations themselves against selected targets that they could have use for.

The best villain i can think of is a coldhearted, calculating intelligent computer. It never gives up, it always improves, it always select whetever it determines to be its most advantageous outcome, it is entirely logical in its approach to aquire power. It doesnt care about honor or loyalty, it doesnt keep favorites. Who it rewards, betrays, endulges, inspires or threatens depends entirely on how it has predicted said servant to react to said treatment and what use they want out of it.
    N'Zoth did stop his assault as soon as Azshara started to make it clear that she was a queen and would prefer to die a queen than live a slave. How can you be sure that this wasn't N'Zoth's plan all along? how can you be sure that N'Zoth very possibly fake outburst wasn't an approach of a chessmaster? She did offer him her servitude without a real distinction between a queen and a slave, and she offered him her people willingly, after all.

As for Azshara, I find that her willingness to die rather than serve to be very much in character. Selfish she may be, but she also has a sense of grandeur and theatrics which are intristically linked to her ego. This is a woman who for some reason thought that she would be Sargeras' bride, not just a servant. And she would not lower herself to anything less than N'Zoth's Queen.

You are mistaken if you think N'Zoth could be defated so easily. He is a master manipulator capable of weaving intricate networks of plans and plots. Such is his cunning that even defeat ends up working in his favour. And judging by how many faceless minions have found a way into the Chamber of the Heart, it is clear that N'Zoth is close to victory despite his handicap.
    This. Old Gods have many plans. And even if they fail in their main objective they win. They try to use Illidan to use the Dragon Soul and the Well of Eternity to escape their prison. They fail, but they cause the Sundering. They try to use Deathwing to destroy the world. They fail, but the Dragon Aspects lose their power, depriving Azeroth of another layer of protection.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame Blizzard made N'Zoth look like a bitch just to make Azshara look good. He used to be my favorite old god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What even is his plan? Corrupt the world soul? Big whoop, his plan will be foiled the same way every Blizzard villain plot is foiled: by murderhobos hungry for loot. Corrupting the world soul just provides them with another loot piñata to whack.

N’zoth needs to work more on recruiting these murderhobos and less on whatever his fishwife is up to.