Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, except Azshara is braindead and she uses those powers for absolutely moronic moves like raising Nazjatar from the bottom of the sea, abandoning her strategic advantage for no reason in the process. So why would she figure out an actually logical way of using them, like flooding enemy cities instead?
    Azshara is just playing the "like I give a fuck" card. She does'nt need to plan a solid win because she wins the game no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yeah, I'm taking the piss, but I actually like that Azshara is abusing their pathological heroism to achieve her goal.
    I mean she is. In the raid some bosses pretty much says it just a trial. The naga know whey they are doing, She is abusing their "we most kill bad" To push them forward, that is also why, In the end, she makes it looks like she is retreting in a desperate way Just to make us follow her.

I'm not quite convinced, I'll need a second opinion.

Oh magic conch shell, what do we need to do to stop N'zoth?

THE SHELL HAS SPOKEN!

I don’t think Sylvanas’ plan is to free N’Zoth, I think that is Magni.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, except Azshara is braindead and she uses those powers for absolutely moronic moves like raising Nazjatar from the bottom of the sea, abandoning her strategic advantage for no reason in the process. So why would she figure out an actually logical way of using them, like flooding enemy cities instead?
    She is not raising Nazjatar from the bottom of the sea, she is parting the sea right above Nazjatar and can drop it at any moment. That is the entire premise of that zone. She needs to get the player to the Circle of Stars, alive.

Or don't give Xal'atath to Sylvanas.
    Or don't listen Xal'atath and get corrupted by N'Zoth.
    Or don't start a stupid faction war.
    Or don't empower dragon aspects all of which end up playing into N'Zoth's plan.

Amazing how N'Zoth's entire stratagem can be completely foiled by doing completely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    THE SHELL HAS SPOKEN!
    I'm doubting myself now. It's from the sea. Just like our squid boy.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Or don't give Xal'atath to Sylvanas.
    Or don't listen Xal'atath and get corrupted by N'Zoth.
    Or don't start a stupid faction war.
    Or don't empower dragon aspects all of which end up playing into N'Zoth's plan.

Amazing how N'Zoth's entire stratagem can be completely foiled by doing completely nothing.
    Hey we caused the Legion invasion too!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey we caused the Legion invasion too!
    The August Celestials did by staging a show trial for Garrosh.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

The August Celestials did by staging a show trial for Garrosh.
    Meh, that could have gone any way. The player character has Gul'dan, Darkness Incarnate, right in front of them, trapped and powering the Dark Portal. So our murderhobo for once in their lifetime decides, instead of just immolating Gul'dan or impaling him on the nearest sharp object, to just set them free because WHAT COULD GO WRONG?!

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    You are mistaken if you think N'Zoth could be defated so easily. He is a master manipulator capable of weaving intricate networks of plans and plots. Such is his cunning that even defeat ends up working in his favour. And judging by how many faceless minions have found a way into the Chamber of the Heart, it is clear that N'Zoth is close to victory despite his handicap.
    Judging from the cinematic he is anything but that. Hell hes so impulsive he almost killed azshara on the spot when she declined his proposal... He reminds me more like a maniacal child throwing a tantrum than some master manipulator..

Ofc 10 000 years have passed, mby he grew up who knows..
    "My brother thinks I'm crazy to play the same game for years. He doesn't understand. I plan to play it for the rest of my life."

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Judging from the cinematic he is anything but that. Hell hes so impulsive he almost killed azshara on the spot when she declined his proposal... He reminds me more like a maniacal child throwing a tantrum than some master manipulator..

I don't think so, just look at how all of a sudden a giant squid screams at us into killing a queen because "is a threat".
    People like to overthink of old gods tactical genius, but their biggest weapon is just how dumb our murderhobos and the people who gives them orders are.
    Hell, we even have Talan'ji yelling at us "if we find an Old God artifact in CoS, don't do what it wants". And what do we do?!

P.D: Unless the squid screams are just to mislead us, but so far they are always making those Old God ramblings be 100% truth so...
    Last edited by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad; 2019-05-28 at 11:26 AM.

Do nothing.

Think about it. If Jaina, Bob and the Horde and Alliance PC had just turned around and left Nazjatar, Azshara doesn't get the heart and doesn't free N'zoth and her plan, along with Sylvanas' and N'zoth completely falls apart. Sure, they lost all those ships, but eh, they're lost in the opening salvo.

Discuss.
    Unsub. We all unsub. We all stop playing, servers get shut down, N'Zoths Plan never comes to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Unsub. We all unsub. We all stop playing, servers get shut down, N'Zoths Plan never comes to fruition.
    We nuke Blizzard's servers from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

Duh, if you were a god, you too would get mad if a lowly mortal dared to blackmail you. Do you think that Sargeras, Kil'jaeden, or Archimonde would have reacted differently?
    The Void can be used to protect the world, not to destroy it. But as with any weapon or magic, one must learn to wield it correctly.

Duh, if you were a god, you too would get mad if a lowly mortal dared to blackmail you.
    N'zoth is literally an eldritch being.

He should be above anything even resembling mortal emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    N'zoth is literally an eldritch being.

He should be above anything even resembling mortal emotion.
    What do you want me to say? That he is flawed like literally every other Blizzard villain because they suck at writing good antagonists? I'm sure you already know that.
    The Void can be used to protect the world, not to destroy it. But as with any weapon or magic, one must learn to wield it correctly.

Duh, if you were a god, you too would get mad if a lowly mortal dared to blackmail you.
    If I were a god, I'd laugh, kill her and get a more competent ally
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    He did chuckle when she said he was nothing. Then he decided to twist her into his servitude since she could prove useful yet (he was right in thinking that).

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    He is not a god though. He is a massive parasite that has been imprisoned for ages untold and failed in his task; a task in which, if he succeeds, he may likely end up killed. He is not omniscient nor is he omnipotent. The strongest of his siblings met a grisly end and the N'zoth we meet now knows the other two died in our hands as well.