Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How to foil N'zoth's plan

Do nothing.

Think about it. If Jaina, Bob and the Horde and Alliance PC had just turned around and left Nazjatar, Azshara doesn't get the heart and doesn't free N'zoth and her plan, along with Sylvanas' and N'zoth completely falls apart. Sure, they lost all those ships, but eh, they're lost in the opening salvo.

Discuss.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Interesting, when you think about it N'zoth is abusing the goody two shoes and stupidity of the characters to get himself free, that is actually a very clever plan and now I am surprised the writing team managed to pull something like that.
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-05-25 at 10:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

You are mistaken if you think N'Zoth could be defated so easily. He is a master manipulator capable of weaving intricate networks of plans and plots. Such is his cunning that even defeat ends up working in his favour. And judging by how many faceless minions have found a way into the Chamber of the Heart, it is clear that N'Zoth is close to victory despite his handicap.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Interesting, when you think about it N'zoth is abusing the goody two shoes and stupidity of the characters to get himself free, that is actually a very clever plan and now I am surprised the writing team managed to pull something like that.
    Yeah, I'm taking the piss, but I actually like that Azshara is abusing their pathological heroism to achieve her goal.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Well our characters and lore npcs dont know any of the story. We as the players do.

I honestly hope he wins. Kills half of both factions, blow up stormwind and org. We all get trapped in a time bubble by the infinite flight and blizzards next expo takes place 70-100 years later once the bronze final break us out. With phasing tech they could redo huge sections of the world without issues.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yeah, I'm taking the piss, but I actually like that Azshara is abusing their pathological heroism to achieve her goal.
    Our characters are TigTones.

I really think that's kind of the point or at least part of it.
    The Old Gods are supposed to be the master manipulators and while we haven't seen a lot of that in our direct confrontations with them or their minions, if you look at what they always pulled off in the background, they simply push a little, 'suggest' something and people, those peoples' egos and their nature does the rest. That goes for actual cultists, just as it does for normal people, who would never even think of allying themselves with an Old God. Until they are desperate enough at some point, of course.

So, yea, the only way to foil any Old God plans is to all become Jedi, leave all personal grudges and goals behind and only focus on the bigger picture of creating balance in the universe. ... hah, and not even that helps forever, because at some point you again fall for the usual arrogance and start underestimating your opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    You are mistaken if you think N'Zoth could be defated so easily. He is a master manipulator capable of weaving intricate networks of plans and plots. Such is his cunning that even defeat ends up working in his favour. And judging by how many faceless minions have found a way into the Chamber of the Heart, it is clear that N'Zoth is close to victory despite his handicap.
    This. Old Gods are known to have plans for their plans. If plan A doesn't work, they're already working on plan B. The Horde and the Alliance are just pawns on a chessboard.

The Cataclysm is proof of N'Zoth's cunning. He was the true force behind Deathwing, and even in defeat, he ultimately gained an advantage. Because even though Deathwing was destroyed, the tensions caused by the Cataclysm led to a massive world war that played right into N'Zoth's and Y'shaarj's plans.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

I'm pretty sure Azshara would have found a way to win anyways... but sure is fun to see her outsmarting Thalyssra and the Hordalliance in person and then mock them about it.

She might be the one saving this expansion, to be honest.

Do we really want to foil N'Zoth's plan, though? Going by the Old Gods' records, we should try to help N'Zoth with his plans so that he can escape from his prison as soon as possible. The earlier N'Zoth escape, the sooner we can get our hands on some shiny treasures taken from his corpse before moving to his boss(es). If anything, N'Zoth should have tried to keep hiding for another hundred(s) of years or so to wait for most of the current champions to die (of old age).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    For temporary safety, maybe. But considering the Old Gods are both patient and timeless, postponing the inevitable clash is kinda meaningless.

5+ Year Old Account
    How to foil our tentacled friend's plan:

• Have actually competent leaders.

Too bad that neither Sylvie nor Manduin look like the brightest cookies in the jar.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    How to foil our tentacled friend's plan:

• Have actually competent leaders.

Too bad that neither Sylvie nor Manduin look like the brightest cookies in the jar.
    You take that back. Blanduin's holy bones would never lead him astray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Do nothing.

Think about it. If Jaina, Bob and the Horde and Alliance PC had just turned around and left Nazjatar, Azshara doesn't get the heart and doesn't free N'zoth and her plan, along with Sylvanas' and N'zoth completely falls apart. Sure, they lost all those ships, but eh, they're lost in the opening salvo.

Discuss.
    Remember Azshara has the Tide Stone as Well which means she will drown us all to death even if he ignore her so we will die for sure if we do nothing
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Remember Azshara has the Tide Stone as Well which means she will drown us all to death even if he ignore her so we will die for sure if we do nothing
    We are the protagonists though. We'd be able to talk down the waves and convince them to GTFO with the power of friendship. That or one of Alliance/Horde characters would get another power-up out of their behinds and stop the waves.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    Our characters are TigTones.
    Jaina: i got a quest for you
    PC: A QUEEEEEEEEEST
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am pretty sure that Azshara would find a way to force the confrontation only with far more civilians dead. If she can literally part the ocean, she could easily throw a tidal wave on Orgrimmar and Stormwind. If Jaina could do it with the Iris, Azshara can easily do it with the Tidestone.
    Yeah, except Azshara is braindead and she uses those powers for absolutely moronic moves like raising Nazjatar from the bottom of the sea, abandoning her strategic advantage for no reason in the process. So why would she figure out an actually logical way of using them, like flooding enemy cities instead?

i'm sure they would all stay home if nothing bad would happen. you know, like they have for the last 10000 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, except Azshara is braindead and she uses those powers for absolutely moronic moves like raising Nazjatar from the bottom of the sea, abandoning her strategic advantage for no reason in the process. So why would she figure out an actually logical way of using them, like flooding enemy cities instead?
    Azshara is just playing the "like I give a fuck" card. She does'nt need to plan a solid win because she wins the game no matter what.