Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Just because people memed him doesn't mean he was intended to be one. The plans for his role were set up ahead, and it is a big deal to finally have a fully rendered troll in cinematic that has bigger role than 2 seconds of cameo.

    He is a new hero, a new face to step up that is a mouthpiece for younger horde generation. He stopped being a meme when the secon cinematic came, he was given a name and a backtory he is a true character. In second cinematic he was arguably the best introduced new character in a while, we have a common soldier like Nazgrim, that is just starting his journey in times of war. That is the ultimate protagonist story, just like Luke Skywalker, that was just a farmboy who was dragged into intergallactic conflict.

    You can just ignore all of that just because people so much liked his performance in first cinematic that they gave him a temporary name to recognise him.
    Such approach is highly ignorant.

    And sadly Rokhan is struggling to be iconic, he had his time in WC3 but for many years he was not used at all. He was highly forgattable until BfA.
    After Vol'Jin's death I was among one who was "WTF youre doing?! Vol'Jin was the only develped troll character!". And it took them entire expansion of neglect to actually write something for Rokhan and they finally gave a role to a new troll hero.

    I agree that his placement in game could be better as it looked like they thrown him in on increasing players demand. But I wouldn't damn him for that small questine, when he has enormous potential - that is just spiteful.
    I would like character like Zekhan in the Alliance. Somebody who rose from the ground so to say. Not a forced meme character like Keeshan or thrice damned Harrison. Plus people really should stop hating on a young, naive and idealistic troll who joined Saurfang while at least still being Horde patriot in heart. We have to deal with newest Nelf character joining undead in the most contrived and brain-melting moronic way possible.

  2. #102
    If you like him at all, you should hope absolutely nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'll buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't end up betraying Sylvanas by the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."

  3. #103
    The Insane General Zanjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Heart of Azeroth
    Posts
    15,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    He has Horde in heart, he is not a traitor. How could he possibly know what is going on among big figures if he is common footsoldier that doesn't have access to such knowledge. He should be spared, and this should be treated as a mistake based on the fact that he didn't knew what was going on.

    And honestly I sided with Saurfang because I think each player PC owed him that.




    Also how dare you demand for another iconic troll to die! Remove that troll from your avatar! >: (
    He does not. He is a foolish young troll who sided wrong

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    He does not. He is a foolish young troll who sided wrong
    Siding with Sylvanas is abhorrent on a few different levels. Plus undead high elf is not the best candidate to earn Darkspear troll loyalty. Undead - Bwonsamdi hates them, high elf? Should i really explain that?

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    He does not. He is a foolish young troll who sided wrong
    Who wasn't young and made mistakes? In my younger years I believed I was a feminist. And then my friend made me realise that I wasn't.
    He is a promising hero and he should be given a chance to make amendments, spiteful people shouldn't ask for giotine right away, but simply ask for development to make things right.

    He didn't offend me, I'm a troll player. And I know that undead elf (Abomination as Bwonsamdi himself said) is not a leader for me. So by defying her, is not doing anything wrong. He was not caught cooperating with Alliance directly. He helped Saurfang - who is with Horde since the very start and who saved his life in BoL, and then he returned to Orgrimmar.

    Zekhan did nothing wrong in my book, his placement was weird, I agree, but as a character he is too good to waste because angry mob demands it. He is not Baine for crying out loud, he zapped Grymande imagine if it would be him to take down Proudmoore.

    Would that make score even?

    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    I would like character like Zekhan in the Alliance. Somebody who rose from the ground so to say. Not a forced meme character like Keeshan or thrice damned Harrison. Plus people really should stop hating on a young, naive and idealistic troll who joined Saurfang while at least still being Horde patriot in heart. We have to deal with newest Nelf character joining undead in the most contrived and brain-melting moronic way possible.
    Zekhan is not forced meme, he is not mimicing any popculture reference, he is not Indinana Jhones or Rambo wannabe.
    He is his own character, he is son of Hekazi, orphan, guy that zapped Greymane, and survived Battle of Lordaeron, a guy that is mouthpiece of younger Horde generation. That is an actual character. the only meme is his tag "zappyboi", but that doesn't neglect the fact that he is an actuall character, with promising story.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2019-05-29 at 10:50 PM.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Who wasn't young and made mistakes? In my younger years I believed I was a feminist. And then my friend made me realise that I wasn't.
    He is a promising hero and he should be given a chance to make amendments, spiteful people shouldn't ask for giotine right away, but simply ask for development to make things right.

    He didn't offend me, I'm a troll player. And I know that undead elf (Abomination as Bwonsamdi himself said) is not a leader for me. So by defying her, is not doing anything wrong. He was not caught cooperating with Alliance directly. He helped Saurfang - who is with Horde since the very start and who saved his life in BoL, and then he returned to Orgrimmar.

    Zekhan did nothing wrong in my book, his placement was weird, I agree, but as a character he is too good to waste because angry mob demands it. He is not Baine for crying out loud, he zapped Grymande imagine if it would be him to take down Proudmoore.

    Would that make score even?



    Zekhan is not forced meme, he is not mimicing any popculture reference, he is not Indinana Jhones or Rambo wannabe.
    He is his own character, he is son of Hekazi, orphan, guy that zapped Greymane, and survived Battle of Lordaeron, a guy that is mouthpiece of younger Horde generation. That is an actual character. the only meme is his tag "zappyboi", but that doesn't neglect the fact that he is an actuall character, with promising story.
    And i was saying that. A character that became popular and rose up, not one that was created as a reference and then forced down our throats.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    And honestly I sided with Saurfang because I think each player PC owed him that.

    My Demon Hunter was never in Northrend. :P
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow.

  8. #108
    Warchief Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    2,073
    Zekhan is a troll

    If he becomes important, Blizzard will kill him off and offer no replacement. Unless his name is Talanji
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  9. #109
    Well he's a bit of a symbol of the "next generation of the Horde" that inspired Saurfang that the spirit of the Horde wasn't dead. I'm hoping for some cameos here and there as we see him grow stronger. Just maybe not as in-your-face as Yrel, please. I don't see him taking the troll/horde leadership position, as he is still young and inexperienced.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I mean remember how much fun the guy had roasting Alliance in BfA cinematic? I'm willing to give him a chance and wait for him to mature and realize that electrocuting humans is the only thing which should make a true Horde soldier happy.
    So did Saurfang during War of Thorns though. Didn't help him when muh honor struck him down.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nah, killing Zekhan would not be about the PC, it would be about giving Saurfang some asinine lesson about how he needs to live FOR THE HORDE!
    Now this is a compelling argument in favor of keeping him alive. Long live Zekhan!


    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yup, pretty much. Look at it this way. Memeboi dies so you don't have Baine as Warchief. That's a hero.
    And the compelling argument went up in flames.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Well I was always wanting new heroes to emerge, and Zekhan is perfect. This is a fresh face that Horde needs. I see no reason to blame rookie to not be aware of what is going on in big events, he is not a traitor when his heart beats for the Horde.

    He helped Saurfang because he believed it was good thing to do, and Saurfang went for Thrall. And yet you all call them traitors. Zekhan didn't do anything wrong or traitorous yet. And he shouldn't be axed off just because Sylvanas fanboys are upset. This is just mad sabotage of Horde again. If we are in dire need of the new heroes then we should develop them and not kill them after they do one mistake, simply because they're not omnipotent. This is madness.
    Other than him being a Troll which makes him the best thing since sliced bread for you, how exactly is someone going against Horde members acting on the orders from Warchief of the Horde herself "the fresh face that the Horde needs"? We already have plenty of those faces as it is, robbing Zekhan of any freshness.

    And please, your excuse for him makes zero sense. The Dark Ranger informed everyone involved, after Zekhan's initial protest no less, that she's acting on Sylvanas' orders and that Saurfang stood accused of treason. Zekhan joined Saurfang regardless. Your defense of him here works only if Zekhan does not comprehend speech. But since he showed capacity to understand speech on multiple occasions, there are plenty of reasons to blame him for what he did, and the only reason you yourself don't see those reasons is, again, only because he's a Troll character.

    As such, since he deliberately acted against Warchief's direct agent, he very much is a traitor and the idea that his heart beats for the Horde when he made the conscious decision to act against it has nothing whatsoever to stand on. Him believing it was a good thing to aid a traitor isn't a mitigating circumstance in the slightest, nor does it support your Horde heart notion whatsoever. Since the Dark Ranger flat out explained the situation to him, omniscience also wasn't required for him to grasp it and you mentioning that is simply fallacious on your part.

    Your claim that he didn't do anything traitorous yet is just a flat out fabrication on your part. And since your fabrication isn't lore and he has committed treason, he should be axed fo that, because that's how Horde works. Your remarks about upset Sylvanas fanbois is nothing more than deflection on your part. Hypocritical deflection no less, because the only reason you're bending over backwards trying to argue how Zekhan's obvious treason isn't treason is because he's a Troll and you like that race.

    And yes, people call Saurfang a traitor. Because *gasp* the very quest in question shows that the Warchief of the Horde calls him a traitor too. And since Warchief's word is law, he simply is a traitor and there's no two ways about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    He has Horde in heart, he is not a traitor. How could he possibly know what is going on among big figures if he is common footsoldier that doesn't have access to such knowledge. He should be spared, and this should be treated as a mistake based on the fact that he didn't knew what was going on.
    Dark Ranger Alina: *outright tells Zekhan and the player everything they could possibly need to know on the issue, particularly that she's acting on Warchief's personal orders and that those orders are to capture Saurfang because he's been accused of treason or kill him if he refuses to cooperate with the enforcers of Warchief's will*

    Darkspear #2 fan: *Zekhan is just a common footsoldier that doesn't have access to such knowledge so he should be spared because he didn't know what was going on*

    Sense, you do not make.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Zekhan is iconic now? He is a meme ffs.

    Rokhan is iconic. Vol'jin was. Beyond those, there just are no iconic Darkspear. There are a few more names that are recognizable among players interested in lore, mostly Zen'tabra. You'll struggle to find many players who will know who Gadrin, Bwemba, Vanira are. I doubt you'll have many people even here who'll remember Yenniku at all.
    Zekhan is just a meme who should by all means be dead by now and has survived only by plot armor.
    TBH I'd rank Zen'tabra below all three that you named after her.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Can we exile Baine to Northrend to live with his Taunka brethren?
    What did the Taunka do to ever deserve this punishment?


    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    To draw more parallels with GoT, Drek'Thar could end up being elected warchief. He is old, senile, blind and paralyzed. Perfect candidate for warchief.
    To be a proper parallel for Brain it needs to be one of the characters presented as main characters, not a forgotten side character. It's just that said main character must be hyped up, particularly in terms of their powers and their importance, only to end up being completely inconsequential.

    As such, I'd say the person that should end up being the Warchief should be Tyrande. After all, who has a better revenge story than her?


    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    He is a new hero, a new face to step up that is a mouthpiece for younger horde generation.
    So, judging by what you said about Zekhan in your previous two posts, you're saying is that the younger Horde generation is braindead retarded to the point of being unable to comprehend when an obvious agent of the Warchief informs them they are acting on Warchief's orders? Damn, that's pretty bleak future for the Horde you're painting here. Maybe the Horde needs Anduin's guidance after all.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Who wasn't young and made mistakes? In my younger years I believed I was a feminist. And then my friend made me realise that I wasn't.
    He is a promising hero and he should be given a chance to make amendments, spiteful people shouldn't ask for giotine right away, but simply ask for development to make things right.
    Ah, yes, who hasn't aided an accused traitor in killing law enforcement personnel when said traitor refused to cooperate when they were young Good ol' times.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    He didn't offend me, I'm a troll player. And I know that undead elf (Abomination as Bwonsamdi himself said) is not a leader for me. So by defying her, is not doing anything wrong.
    Except your character doesn't get to personally decide how the Horde works. Sylvanas is the Warchief, period. You, Zekhan or Saurfang not liking her or finding her an abomination does not excuse you from breaking the Blood Oath. Zekhan defied his Warchief. He's a traitor. It's not exactly rocket surgery.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    He was not caught cooperating with Alliance directly. He helped Saurfang - who is with Horde since the very start and who saved his life in BoL, and then he returned to Orgrimmar.
    But given how Saurfang was accused of working with Alliance right in front of him, his decision to side with him against his Warchief was still him cooperating with Alliance indirectly (i.e. through their asset, Saurfang). So much better /s Also, what's this "he was with the Horde since the very start" appeal? Gul'dan was with the Horde since its start too. That didn't magically unmake his treason at Lordaeron and he was promptly punished for that by the Warchief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    high elf? Should i really explain that?
    Yes. Gurubashi had little history with high elves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Zekhan is a troll

    If he becomes important, Blizzard will kill him off and offer no replacement. Unless his name is Talanji
    Talanji will get Durotan treatment next expansion.
    I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes. Gurubashi had little history with high elves.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Talanji will get Durotan treatment next expansion.
    All trolls respect Zul’Jin (at least all Darkspear trolls), thats even in their warcry. And by proxy they must hate/dislike high elfs.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    All trolls respect Zul’Jin (at least all Darkspear trolls), thats even in their warcry. And by proxy they must hate/dislike high elfs.
    Do you think Zekhan would make elf stew out of Lor'themar and EAT him if given the opportunity? I think it would add some much-needed internal conflict to the Horde that doesn't boil down to CURRENT WARCHIEF BAD.

  14. #114
    Warchief Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    All trolls respect Zul’Jin (at least all Darkspear trolls), thats even in their warcry. And by proxy they must hate/dislike high elfs.
    Funny, considering the Darkspear fought against Zul'jin. And the Amani.

    Twice.


    That war cry is fucking retarded
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Funny, considering the Darkspear fought against Zul'jin. And the Amani.

    Twice.


    That war cry is fucking retarded
    Not any dumber than newly leveled Nightborne coming back to find Suramar under demon occupation. Or Mag'har traveling back in time to AU Draenor to kill their ancestors. Or Zandalari coming back to Zandalar and getting exiled to Vol'dun not a minute later. Or Garrosh coming back from the bowels of the Shadowlands to call Sylvanas a bitch.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Or Garrosh coming back from the bowels of the Shadowlands to call Sylvanas a bitch.
    Who wouldnt.

  17. #117
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    21,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Not any dumber than newly leveled Nightborne coming back to find Suramar under demon occupation. Or Mag'har traveling back in time to AU Draenor to kill their ancestors. Or Zandalari coming back to Zandalar and getting exiled to Vol'dun not a minute later. Or Garrosh coming back from the bowels of the Shadowlands to call Sylvanas a bitch.
    At least there is now a chance for his twin brother to do that.

  18. #118
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    At least there is now a chance for his twin brother to do that.
    I would prefer heavenscream defending Baine into some poor piss trial and calling Anduin racist because he is very unnerving around the holy orcs, man the irony of the second would be so delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  19. #119
    The Insane General Zanjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Heart of Azeroth
    Posts
    15,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Funny, considering the Darkspear fought against Zul'jin. And the Amani.

    Twice.


    That war cry is fucking retarded
    and what is your point? All troll tribes feared and respected Vol'jin. you can respect an enemy.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That war cry is fucking retarded
    It's a leftover from early Warcraft 3 development where the Forest Trolls rejoined the Horde rather than Jungle Trolls.

    That they just copied it into WoW for some reason is nonsense, but that's just how it is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •