Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yeah, I maintain that Sylvanas going after him would make more sense than going after Thrall and also succeeds in motivating Green Jesus to get off his ass. Thrall never did anything to her and isn't relevant, but the Frostwolves refusing to help what is now their Warchief and having called out before and being destroyed for it works and it also means Thrall is motivated by his mentor and his clan instead of out of fear for his own life.
    It'd be interesting if they tried to incorporate Frostwolves into Arathi war front. Sylvanas getting pissed because Drek'thar again refuses to lend frostwolves' aid when stakes are much higher this time around could be something to work with. All in all, there's definitely a lot of drama material there.

Also, more importantly, going after the blind guy in a wheelchair is much more evil than what she's done. Oh you forgetful writers you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It'd be interesting if they tried to incorporate Frostwolves into Arathi war front. Sylvanas getting pissed because Drek'thar again refuses to lend frostwolves' aid when stakes are much higher this time around could be something to work with. All in all, there's definitely a lot of drama material there.

Also, more importantly, going after the blind guy in a wheelchair is much more evil than what she's done. Oh you forgetful writers you!
    They missed an opportunity to make Sylvanas' mustache become even bigger.

Yeah, Arathi really could do with a story, the way Darkshore had its questline. The Frostwolves never getting to interact with the Forsaken they rebuffed again before the Forsaken are all Caliaized would be a damn shame.

@Nymrohd

Of course. Teldrassil < 1 Dead Human < 1 Sad Orc on the honor-o-meter. The Frostwolves are a whole clan of sadorcs. Do the math.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am just tempted to link a child crying in front of their impaled parent while their house is burning and an orc is shouting about honor next to it, but then that is not about Sylvanas but rather the Horde as a whole so it's just completely off narrative!
    Shhh, Sylvanas made them do it. Sylvanas also made those orcs eat the souls of the footmen on the beach and take humans for slaves in the mines. They were all secretly against it but couldn't fight her hypnotic rack.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Shhh, Sylvanas made them do it. Sylvanas also made those orcs eat the souls of the footmen on the beach and take humans for slaves in the mines. They were all secretly against it but couldn't fight her hypnotic rack.
    Its the same with Alliance constantly forgiving Horde. Factions suck ass because they are not defined by races but by leaders. And writers apparently cant see that, cant see what they writing. So Alliance acts in lawful stupid good overdrive (Anduin) while Horde goes full edgy chaotic evul stupid overdrive (sylvanas). Thats why factions are shit.

I sometimes wonder if Yrel is not actually a fascist as people like to present her but actually just dealt with Mag'har who kept on with their magnificent culture of raping, pillaging and casual necromancy who then went all moral relativity on her and tried to educate her about how it is bad to oppress their culture and punch Nazis.

Yrel for President!
    The Mag'har's vibrant and diverse culture can only enrich the society they enter into. Yrel showed her bigotry by trying to force her rigid and regressive views upon their unique beliefs. We must get rid of that vile oppressor right away.

@VladlTutushkin

The issue with the Horde is that we're simultaneously expected to believe that the people in it align with Sylvanas' stated goals of their own accord and that they're also honorable boys who just need the guiding hand of Anduin to come into the light. These two are mutually exclusive. Either the Horde agree with Sylvanas, in which case them turning on her is just a matter of expediency and the Alliance forgiving them becomes even more asinine than it already is or the Horde don't agree with Sylvanas, in which case none of this plotline could've taken place.

The Mag'har's vibrant and diverse culture can only enrich the society they enter into. Yrel showed her bigotry by trying to force her rigid and regressive views upon their unique beliefs. We must get rid of that vile oppressor right away.

@VladlTutushkin

The issue with the Horde is that we're simultaneously expected to believe that the people in it align with Sylvanas' stated goals of their own accord and that they're also honorable boys who just need the guiding hand of Anduin to come into the light. These two are mutually exclusive. Either the Horde agree with Sylvanas, in which case them turning on her is just a matter of expediency and the Alliance forgiving them becomes even more asinine than it already is or the Horde don't agree with Sylvanas, in which case none of this plotline could've taken place.
    “None of this plot line could have taken place”? Dont kid yourself, blizz write what they want, racial identity and continuity be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    “None of this plot line could have taken place”? Dont kid yourself, blizz write what they want, racial identity and continuity be damned.
    That's the issue and it's why I disagree with you and others with that view on the factions. Despite appearances towards it, this isn't a faction war story. It isn't about the Horde and Alliance or their components' interests clashing or what have you. It's about how Sylvanas is bad and if we all join hands together, we can get rid of her. But it masquerades as a faction war story and in doing so it has fucked both factions beyond repair.

It's in some ways worse than a flat out good vs evil story in the vein of SW:TOR, both because when you accept one side is the bad guy you can also flesh them out as such and because it's unsatisfying.

I sometimes wonder if Yrel is not actually a fascist as people like to present her but actually just dealt with Mag'har who kept on with their magnificent culture of raping, pillaging and casual necromancy who then went all moral relativity on her and tried to educate her about how it is bad to oppress their culture and punch Nazis.

Yrel for President!
    Pretty popular theory.
    I'm personally going for a mix of both: Yrel going "we need to teach these murderhobos the light so they stop fucking up the whole universe" then accidentally getting light overdose...
    Or she could make all the time put into her in Draenor worth it and seize the Alliance or a big part of it so finally interesting shit with long lasting impact happens inside that faction.

Zekhan is iconic now? He is a meme ffs.

Rokhan is iconic. Vol'jin was. Beyond those, there just are no iconic Darkspear. There are a few more names that are recognizable among players interested in lore, mostly Zen'tabra. You'll struggle to find many players who will know who Gadrin, Bwemba, Vanira are. I doubt you'll have many people even here who'll remember Yenniku at all.
    Zekhan is just a meme who should by all means be dead by now and has survived only by plot armor.

Just because people memed him doesn't mean he was intended to be one. The plans for his role were set up ahead, and it is a big deal to finally have a fully rendered troll in cinematic that has bigger role than 2 seconds of cameo.

He is a new hero, a new face to step up that is a mouthpiece for younger horde generation. He stopped being a meme when the secon cinematic came, he was given a name and a backtory he is a true character. In second cinematic he was arguably the best introduced new character in a while, we have a common soldier like Nazgrim, that is just starting his journey in times of war. That is the ultimate protagonist story, just like Luke Skywalker, that was just a farmboy who was dragged into intergallactic conflict.

You can just ignore all of that just because people so much liked his performance in first cinematic that they gave him a temporary name to recognise him.
    Such approach is highly ignorant.

And sadly Rokhan is struggling to be iconic, he had his time in WC3 but for many years he was not used at all. He was highly forgattable until BfA.
    After Vol'Jin's death I was among one who was "WTF youre doing?! Vol'Jin was the only develped troll character!". And it took them entire expansion of neglect to actually write something for Rokhan and they finally gave a role to a new troll hero.

I agree that his placement in game could be better as it looked like they thrown him in on increasing players demand. But I wouldn't damn him for that small questine, when he has enormous potential - that is just spiteful.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Just because people memed him doesn't mean he was intended to be one. The plans for his role were set up ahead, and it is a big deal to finally have a fully rendered troll in cinematic that has bigger role than 2 seconds of cameo.

He is a new hero, a new face to step up that is a mouthpiece for younger horde generation. He stopped being a meme when the secon cinematic came, he was given a name and a backtory he is a true character. In second cinematic he was arguably the best introduced new character in a while, we have a common soldier like Nazgrim, that is just starting his journey in times of war. That is the ultimate protagonist story, just like Luke Skywalker, that was just a farmboy who was dragged into intergallactic conflict.

You can just ignore all of that just because people so much liked his performance in first cinematic that they gave him a temporary name to recognise him.
    Such approach is highly ignorant.

And sadly Rokhan is struggling to be iconic, he had his time in WC3 but for many years he was not used at all. He was highly forgattable until BfA.
    After Vol'Jin's death I was among one who was "WTF youre doing?! Vol'Jin was the only develped troll character!". And it took them entire expansion of neglect to actually write something for Rokhan and they finally gave a role to a new troll hero.

I agree that his placement in game could be better as it looked like they thrown him in on increasing players demand. But I wouldn't damn him for that small questine, when he has enormous potential - that is just spiteful.
    I would like character like Zekhan in the Alliance. Somebody who rose from the ground so to say. Not a forced meme character like Keeshan or thrice damned Harrison. Plus people really should stop hating on a young, naive and idealistic troll who joined Saurfang while at least still being Horde patriot in heart. We have to deal with newest Nelf character joining undead in the most contrived and brain-melting moronic way possible.

If you like him at all, you should hope absolutely nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

He has Horde in heart, he is not a traitor. How could he possibly know what is going on among big figures if he is common footsoldier that doesn't have access to such knowledge. He should be spared, and this should be treated as a mistake based on the fact that he didn't knew what was going on.

And honestly I sided with Saurfang because I think each player PC owed him that.

Also how dare you demand for another iconic troll to die! Remove that troll from your avatar! >: (
    He does not. He is a foolish young troll who sided wrong
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Siding with Sylvanas is abhorrent on a few different levels. Plus undead high elf is not the best candidate to earn Darkspear troll loyalty. Undead - Bwonsamdi hates them, high elf? Should i really explain that?

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Who wasn't young and made mistakes? In my younger years I believed I was a feminist. And then my friend made me realise that I wasn't.
    He is a promising hero and he should be given a chance to make amendments, spiteful people shouldn't ask for giotine right away, but simply ask for development to make things right.

He didn't offend me, I'm a troll player. And I know that undead elf (Abomination as Bwonsamdi himself said) is not a leader for me. So by defying her, is not doing anything wrong. He was not caught cooperating with Alliance directly. He helped Saurfang - who is with Horde since the very start and who saved his life in BoL, and then he returned to Orgrimmar.

Zekhan did nothing wrong in my book, his placement was weird, I agree, but as a character he is too good to waste because angry mob demands it. He is not Baine for crying out loud, he zapped Grymande imagine if it would be him to take down Proudmoore.

Would that make score even?

I would like character like Zekhan in the Alliance. Somebody who rose from the ground so to say. Not a forced meme character like Keeshan or thrice damned Harrison. Plus people really should stop hating on a young, naive and idealistic troll who joined Saurfang while at least still being Horde patriot in heart. We have to deal with newest Nelf character joining undead in the most contrived and brain-melting moronic way possible.
    Zekhan is not forced meme, he is not mimicing any popculture reference, he is not Indinana Jhones or Rambo wannabe.
    He is his own character, he is son of Hekazi, orphan, guy that zapped Greymane, and survived Battle of Lordaeron, a guy that is mouthpiece of younger Horde generation. That is an actual character. the only meme is his tag "zappyboi", but that doesn't neglect the fact that he is an actuall character, with promising story.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2019-05-29 at 10:50 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Who wasn't young and made mistakes? In my younger years I believed I was a feminist. And then my friend made me realise that I wasn't.
    He is a promising hero and he should be given a chance to make amendments, spiteful people shouldn't ask for giotine right away, but simply ask for development to make things right.

He didn't offend me, I'm a troll player. And I know that undead elf (Abomination as Bwonsamdi himself said) is not a leader for me. So by defying her, is not doing anything wrong. He was not caught cooperating with Alliance directly. He helped Saurfang - who is with Horde since the very start and who saved his life in BoL, and then he returned to Orgrimmar.

Zekhan did nothing wrong in my book, his placement was weird, I agree, but as a character he is too good to waste because angry mob demands it. He is not Baine for crying out loud, he zapped Grymande imagine if it would be him to take down Proudmoore.

Would that make score even?

Zekhan is not forced meme, he is not mimicing any popculture reference, he is not Indinana Jhones or Rambo wannabe.
    He is his own character, he is son of Hekazi, orphan, guy that zapped Greymane, and survived Battle of Lordaeron, a guy that is mouthpiece of younger Horde generation. That is an actual character. the only meme is his tag "zappyboi", but that doesn't neglect the fact that he is an actuall character, with promising story.
    And i was saying that. A character that became popular and rose up, not one that was created as a reference and then forced down our throats.

And honestly I sided with Saurfang because I think each player PC owed him that.

My Demon Hunter was never in Northrend. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Zekhan is a troll

If he becomes important, Blizzard will kill him off and offer no replacement. Unless his name is Talanji
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Well he's a bit of a symbol of the "next generation of the Horde" that inspired Saurfang that the spirit of the Horde wasn't dead. I'm hoping for some cameos here and there as we see him grow stronger. Just maybe not as in-your-face as Yrel, please. I don't see him taking the troll/horde leadership position, as he is still young and inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I mean remember how much fun the guy had roasting Alliance in BfA cinematic? I'm willing to give him a chance and wait for him to mature and realize that electrocuting humans is the only thing which should make a true Horde soldier happy.
    So did Saurfang during War of Thorns though. Didn't help him when muh honor struck him down.

Nah, killing Zekhan would not be about the PC, it would be about giving Saurfang some asinine lesson about how he needs to live FOR THE HORDE!
    Now this is a compelling argument in favor of keeping him alive. Long live Zekhan!

Yup, pretty much. Look at it this way. Memeboi dies so you don't have Baine as Warchief. That's a hero.
    And the compelling argument went up in flames.

Well I was always wanting new heroes to emerge, and Zekhan is perfect. This is a fresh face that Horde needs. I see no reason to blame rookie to not be aware of what is going on in big events, he is not a traitor when his heart beats for the Horde.

He helped Saurfang because he believed it was good thing to do, and Saurfang went for Thrall. And yet you all call them traitors. Zekhan didn't do anything wrong or traitorous yet. And he shouldn't be axed off just because Sylvanas fanboys are upset. This is just mad sabotage of Horde again. If we are in dire need of the new heroes then we should develop them and not kill them after they do one mistake, simply because they're not omnipotent. This is madness.
    Other than him being a Troll which makes him the best thing since sliced bread for you, how exactly is someone going against Horde members acting on the orders from Warchief of the Horde herself "the fresh face that the Horde needs"? We already have plenty of those faces as it is, robbing Zekhan of any freshness.

And please, your excuse for him makes zero sense. The Dark Ranger informed everyone involved, after Zekhan's initial protest no less, that she's acting on Sylvanas' orders and that Saurfang stood accused of treason. Zekhan joined Saurfang regardless. Your defense of him here works only if Zekhan does not comprehend speech. But since he showed capacity to understand speech on multiple occasions, there are plenty of reasons to blame him for what he did, and the only reason you yourself don't see those reasons is, again, only because he's a Troll character.

As such, since he deliberately acted against Warchief's direct agent, he very much is a traitor and the idea that his heart beats for the Horde when he made the conscious decision to act against it has nothing whatsoever to stand on. Him believing it was a good thing to aid a traitor isn't a mitigating circumstance in the slightest, nor does it support your Horde heart notion whatsoever. Since the Dark Ranger flat out explained the situation to him, omniscience also wasn't required for him to grasp it and you mentioning that is simply fallacious on your part.

Your claim that he didn't do anything traitorous yet is just a flat out fabrication on your part. And since your fabrication isn't lore and he has committed treason, he should be axed fo that, because that's how Horde works. Your remarks about upset Sylvanas fanbois is nothing more than deflection on your part. Hypocritical deflection no less, because the only reason you're bending over backwards trying to argue how Zekhan's obvious treason isn't treason is because he's a Troll and you like that race.

And yes, people call Saurfang a traitor. Because *gasp* the very quest in question shows that the Warchief of the Horde calls him a traitor too. And since Warchief's word is law, he simply is a traitor and there's no two ways about it.

He has Horde in heart, he is not a traitor. How could he possibly know what is going on among big figures if he is common footsoldier that doesn't have access to such knowledge. He should be spared, and this should be treated as a mistake based on the fact that he didn't knew what was going on.
    Dark Ranger Alina: *outright tells Zekhan and the player everything they could possibly need to know on the issue, particularly that she's acting on Warchief's personal orders and that those orders are to capture Saurfang because he's been accused of treason or kill him if he refuses to cooperate with the enforcers of Warchief's will*

Darkspear #2 fan: *Zekhan is just a common footsoldier that doesn't have access to such knowledge so he should be spared because he didn't know what was going on*

Sense, you do not make.

Zekhan is iconic now? He is a meme ffs.

Rokhan is iconic. Vol'jin was. Beyond those, there just are no iconic Darkspear. There are a few more names that are recognizable among players interested in lore, mostly Zen'tabra. You'll struggle to find many players who will know who Gadrin, Bwemba, Vanira are. I doubt you'll have many people even here who'll remember Yenniku at all.
    Zekhan is just a meme who should by all means be dead by now and has survived only by plot armor.
    TBH I'd rank Zen'tabra below all three that you named after her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Can we exile Baine to Northrend to live with his Taunka brethren?
    What did the Taunka do to ever deserve this punishment?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    To draw more parallels with GoT, Drek'Thar could end up being elected warchief. He is old, senile, blind and paralyzed. Perfect candidate for warchief.
    To be a proper parallel for Brain it needs to be one of the characters presented as main characters, not a forgotten side character. It's just that said main character must be hyped up, particularly in terms of their powers and their importance, only to end up being completely inconsequential.

As such, I'd say the person that should end up being the Warchief should be Tyrande. After all, who has a better revenge story than her?

He is a new hero, a new face to step up that is a mouthpiece for younger horde generation.
    So, judging by what you said about Zekhan in your previous two posts, you're saying is that the younger Horde generation is braindead retarded to the point of being unable to comprehend when an obvious agent of the Warchief informs them they are acting on Warchief's orders? Damn, that's pretty bleak future for the Horde you're painting here. Maybe the Horde needs Anduin's guidance after all.

Ah, yes, who hasn't aided an accused traitor in killing law enforcement personnel when said traitor refused to cooperate when they were young Good ol' times.

He didn't offend me, I'm a troll player. And I know that undead elf (Abomination as Bwonsamdi himself said) is not a leader for me. So by defying her, is not doing anything wrong.
    Except your character doesn't get to personally decide how the Horde works. Sylvanas is the Warchief, period. You, Zekhan or Saurfang not liking her or finding her an abomination does not excuse you from breaking the Blood Oath. Zekhan defied his Warchief. He's a traitor. It's not exactly rocket surgery.

He was not caught cooperating with Alliance directly. He helped Saurfang - who is with Horde since the very start and who saved his life in BoL, and then he returned to Orgrimmar.
    But given how Saurfang was accused of working with Alliance right in front of him, his decision to side with him against his Warchief was still him cooperating with Alliance indirectly (i.e. through their asset, Saurfang). So much better /s Also, what's this "he was with the Horde since the very start" appeal? Gul'dan was with the Horde since its start too. That didn't magically unmake his treason at Lordaeron and he was promptly punished for that by the Warchief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

high elf? Should i really explain that?
    Yes. Gurubashi had little history with high elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Zekhan is a troll

If he becomes important, Blizzard will kill him off and offer no replacement. Unless his name is Talanji
    Talanji will get Durotan treatment next expansion.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.