Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Even if it were true, American news wouldn't cover it. He's a historical figure. He's also not even alive.

    "Our people will get more from the idea he represented, than the Jellybean he actually was."
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Even if it's true, so what? The only point I can see of bringing it up is to try to discredit his message through unrelated bad acts. Even if he did something fucked up like that, it doesn't change all the good he did in fighting for equality in this country.

    For the record, I'm not sure I would trust the FBI's word anyway. It's well-documented that the FBI sent an 'anonymous' letter to MLK threatening him and telling him he should kill himself.
    hitler did a lot of good things for his country as well, i guess that whole "take over the world" thing doesn't matter since he was actually helping his people.... right? it's an idiotic argument, idk if any of this is true, but if MLK did rape or watch and laugh as someone was raped then it absolutely changes how we as a society should view him. if it doesn't, maybe you can be the person in charge of this, how many rapes should he need to commit before he's deemed more bad than good? really curious about this new outlook since i've always categorized rapists as "bad" despite how well they spoke or their message they put out to the public, but maybe that's just me.

    edit: to clarify, this looks like a smear, my point has nothing to do with his guilt, but the idea that his guilt shouldn't change how we think of him if it does turn out to be true is annoying to hear because of how clearly moronic it is.
    Last edited by bloomy; 2019-05-26 at 02:54 PM.

  3. #123
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    38,774
    Didn't the FBI have a hateboner for MLK at one point? Yeah I'm calling fowl. Lets amuse the finnish dude for a second, even if it was true. It doesn't change what he said is somehow bad now. Not even close
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  4. #124
    Immortal matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Even if it were true, American news wouldn't cover it. He's a historical figure. He's also not even alive.

    "Our people will get more from the idea he represented, than the Jellybean he actually was."
    Yeah because we have never gonna after historical figures after finding out damaging info about them right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

  5. #125
    The Unstoppable Force Skroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    On something not really related
    Nah. The take away of the internet the past few years, ever since the 4chan, 8chan and /pol/ racists slithered out from under their rock into the realm of decent people, is that it's really, really, really, really important to be racist for some folks. It's their favorite pass time.

    So this thread will go places. Because it's a Sunday afternoon, and for your average deplorable gun hugging racist, what better way to spend it taking a tiki torch to the leading architect of the Civil Rights era and moral forces of the 20th century?

    Of course what it really is, is some mastubatory fantasy wherein there latest stunt would (in their view) validate their un-American, antediluvian and bottom feeding world view. And we all get to watch them live it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

    Donald Trump is a racist. If you still support him, you are a racist too.

    Trumphadis, You're Never Getting Your Fucking Wall

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yeah because we have never gonna after historical figures after finding out damaging info about them right?
    Depends on what they stood for and what is popular with the masses at the time I suppose.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

  7. #127
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    32,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Even if it were true, American news wouldn't cover it. He's a historical figure. He's also not even alive.

    "Our people will get more from the idea he represented, than the Jellybean he actually was."
    Why are you lying?

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why are you lying?
    What am I lying about?
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomy View Post
    hitler did a lot of good things for his country as well, i guess that whole "take over the world" thing doesn't matter since he was actually helping his people.... right? it's an idiotic argument, idk if any of this is true, but if MLK did rape or watch and laugh as someone was raped then it absolutely changes how we as a society should view him. if it doesn't, maybe you can be the person in charge of this, how many rapes should he need to commit before he's deemed more bad than good? really curious about this new outlook since i've always categorized rapists as "bad" despite how well they spoke or their message they put out to the public, but maybe that's just me.

    edit: to clarify, this looks like a smear, my point has nothing to do with his guilt, but the idea that his guilt shouldn't change how we think of him if it does turn out to be true is annoying to hear because of how clearly moronic it is.
    As soon as I typed out my reply, I knew it would get Godwin'd lol. MLK was not Hitler, or anywhere even close. However, you seemed to miss my point entirely. You can both acknowledge that he did some bad things while also understanding how the good he did outweighed it by a whole helluva lot. Anyone who was looking at MLK as a perfect man were already stupid for doing so, every person who has ever lived was flawed. I'm sure he had demons, as do all of us. It's also dangerous to view every action in the past through the scope of modern morality. We live in an age of #metoo and much more focus on the effects of sexual assault. Does it mean what he did is okay? Of course not, but we also can't expect someone to act in the past the same way we would act today, it's not a reasonable expectation.

  10. #130
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    This sounds some of that smear bullshit.
    My sentiments exactly.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Nah. The take away of the internet the past few years, ever since the 4chan, 8chan and /pol/ racists slithered out from under their rock into the realm of decent people, is that it's really, really, really, really important to be racist for some folks. It's their favorite pass time.

    So this thread will go places. Because it's a Sunday afternoon, and for your average deplorable gun hugging racist, what better way to spend it taking a tiki torch to the leading architect of the Civil Rights era and moral forces of the 20th century?

    Of course what it really is, is some mastubatory fantasy wherein there latest stunt would (in their view) validate their un-American, antediluvian and bottom feeding world view. And we all get to watch them live it.
    We should really have some auto-content analysis for this forum every time someone makes a claim about the content of threads. Your narrative is imaginative and colorful but I doubt we could go through the thread and find this is a significant amount of the posts.

  12. #132
    Russian bot is russian, and now passing for a Fin.

    MLK got blackmailed by J Edgar Hoover, when he ordered the FBI to splice a "scandal" cassette tape from all the wiretap conversations recorded, which was then delivered to his wife.

    It was even covered by a comedy series on Comedy Central: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunk_History

    So whatever source of trash news you got that shit post from... pretty much inspired themself from that MLK episode.

    https://www.newsweek.com/fbi-martin-...-hoover-780630

    PS: That level of intellectual failure should be left to American shit posters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Last edited by Thwart; 2019-06-03 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The biggest name in MSM is Fox News.
    This is really only true for the old/traditional media which is basically a molehill in terms of their relevance.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Russian bot is russian, and now passing for a Fin.

    MLK got blackmailed by J Edgar Hoover, when he ordered the FBI to splice a "scandal" cassette tape from all the wiretap conversations recorded, which was then delivered to his wife.

    It was even covered by a comedy series on Comedy Central: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunk_History

    So whatever source of trash news you got that shit post from... pretty much inspired themself from that MLK episode.

    https://www.newsweek.com/fbi-martin-...-hoover-780630

    PS: That level of intellectual failure should be left to American shit posters.
    NPC claims that mmo poster is russian bot.

    thats funny



    If this is true will MLK be erased from history? Will they tear down his statues?

  15. #135
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Seems legit

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    NPC claims that mmo poster is russian bot.

    thats funny



    If this is true will MLK be erased from history? Will they tear down his statues?
    You lost my friend. Give it up.

  17. #137
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    32,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    What am I lying about?
    The idea that "America" news won't cover it as if America has a single media focus with a country of over 300m the third largest country mind you.

  18. #138
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    This is being picked up now by different places:

    Revealed: Martin Luther King’s secret and sordid sex life
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/wor...eb9816a1c0a72f

    I am hopeful that this will not cause MLK statues to go down, we cannot be that idiotic as a nation.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  19. #139
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    32,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This is being picked up now by different places:

    Revealed: Martin Luther King’s secret and sordid sex life
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/wor...eb9816a1c0a72f

    I am hopeful that this will not cause MLK statues to go down, we cannot be that idiotic as a nation.
    How is that comparable.

    1. Statue of person who did bad things but fought for civil rights of Americans
    2. Statue of non-American traitorous terrorist who went to war for slavery against American.

    And did you even bother to look who picked it up?

    The Australian = News Corp = The Sunday Times

    They're all the same fucking company so no one new picked it up

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This is being picked up now by different places:

    Revealed: Martin Luther King’s secret and sordid sex life
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/wor...eb9816a1c0a72f

    I am hopeful that this will not cause MLK statues to go down, we cannot be that idiotic as a nation.
    Still using the same source, its pointless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •