Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    A lot of people also think the holocaust was good thing, does not really change what it was.
    Like don't you love his argument.

"Mother Theresa was a sicko who forced dying people to wallow in agony as she denied them basic treatment because the pain was a gift from God"

"Well some people say she's a saint!"

"Yes she is a saint because she spread christianity... but what she did was horrendous to the people she was trying to spread it to..."

It is like calling conquistadors saints because they spread christianity lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    And that is their opinion... stop thinking like a white supremacist with your objectivity and black and white thinking.

She was cozy with a family in Hati who murdered and tortured there opponents... They sold drugs and body parts

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, it is also clear from his writings that he was against slavery itself, and tried to do away with it, but had to compromise on it to preserve the union. Now that was a huge compromise that I very much doubt would happen today on even much smaller issues...

But the same thing can be said for Ghandi, or Mother Teresa... both did great things but also some not so great things...
    You will see many, many people disregard the points where she hold back medicine/painkillers for dying people on their deathbed until the converted to christian faith.

Guilt by association? sorry I don't play that game.
    Okay let's focus on her.

She lied about donations

She denied treatment because suffering was a gift from god allowing dying people to suffer to death (though she got heart surgery to prolong her own life)

Yeah, I am totally going to believe the people that literally murdered him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    And that is their opinion... stop thinking like a white supremacist with your objectivity and black and white thinking.
    Is some new trick you far right fellas are trying out? It aint working, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Is some new trick you far right fellas are trying out? It aint working, bud.

OMG! Connal isn't far right!

On topic: pretty hard to decide what happened 60 years ago without a lot more context.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Its commonly known MLK was a pos in his personal life but that doesnt take away what he did for civil rights. Also, JFK was a pile of shit in his personal life also and so were many other historical figures but positive things they may have done for their times shouldnt be diminished.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, its a far left trick:

Richard Carranza held ‘white-supremacy culture’ training for school admins
    https://nypost.com/2019/05/20/richar...ture-training/

I am just using the arguments the far left came up with against the far left...
    So yeah... some new bullshit the far right came up with. Nobody is buying it, bud, sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    OMG! Connal isn't far right!

On topic: pretty hard to decide what happened 60 years ago without a lot more context.
    Yeah, and neither are you, we get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can see me as far right... I do not have a hate boner for people that think differently though...
    As long as they are not left of center.

But hey, you continue to think painting white scumbags as well.. scumbags is somehow white supremacy. Its rather entertaining.
    You really sure your not wasting your time posting here instead of the frenworld subs or clown subs?

Cool, well this is literally just text and hearsay so it's kind of irrelevant.

I really don't exactly understand the point of trying to use "#metoo" in relation to MLK unless you're just going for a blatantly, unashamedly racist message. Even if this was all true, the good MLK did far outweighed the bad. Comparing alleged events half a century ago to things going on today is disingenuous at best and idiotic at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    But we're going to have a 31 page thread on it anyway.
    On something not really related

Even if it were true, American news wouldn't cover it. He's a historical figure. He's also not even alive.

"Our people will get more from the idea he represented, than the Jellybean he actually was."
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Even if it's true, so what? The only point I can see of bringing it up is to try to discredit his message through unrelated bad acts. Even if he did something fucked up like that, it doesn't change all the good he did in fighting for equality in this country.

For the record, I'm not sure I would trust the FBI's word anyway. It's well-documented that the FBI sent an 'anonymous' letter to MLK threatening him and telling him he should kill himself.
    hitler did a lot of good things for his country as well, i guess that whole "take over the world" thing doesn't matter since he was actually helping his people.... right? it's an idiotic argument, idk if any of this is true, but if MLK did rape or watch and laugh as someone was raped then it absolutely changes how we as a society should view him. if it doesn't, maybe you can be the person in charge of this, how many rapes should he need to commit before he's deemed more bad than good? really curious about this new outlook since i've always categorized rapists as "bad" despite how well they spoke or their message they put out to the public, but maybe that's just me.

edit: to clarify, this looks like a smear, my point has nothing to do with his guilt, but the idea that his guilt shouldn't change how we think of him if it does turn out to be true is annoying to hear because of how clearly moronic it is.
    Last edited by bloomy; 2019-05-26 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't the FBI have a hateboner for MLK at one point? Yeah I'm calling fowl. Lets amuse the finnish dude for a second, even if it was true. It doesn't change what he said is somehow bad now. Not even close
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    On something not really related
    Nah. The take away of the internet the past few years, ever since the 4chan, 8chan and /pol/ racists slithered out from under their rock into the realm of decent people, is that it's really, really, really, really important to be racist for some folks. It's their favorite pass time.

So this thread will go places. Because it's a Sunday afternoon, and for your average deplorable gun hugging racist, what better way to spend it taking a tiki torch to the leading architect of the Civil Rights era and moral forces of the 20th century?

Of course what it really is, is some mastubatory fantasy wherein there latest stunt would (in their view) validate their un-American, antediluvian and bottom feeding world view. And we all get to watch them live it.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yeah because we have never gonna after historical figures after finding out damaging info about them right?
    Depends on what they stood for and what is popular with the masses at the time I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Even if it were true, American news wouldn't cover it. He's a historical figure. He's also not even alive.

"Our people will get more from the idea he represented, than the Jellybean he actually was."
    Why are you lying?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why are you lying?
    What am I lying about?

Quote Originally Posted by bloomy View Post
    hitler did a lot of good things for his country as well, i guess that whole "take over the world" thing doesn't matter since he was actually helping his people.... right? it's an idiotic argument, idk if any of this is true, but if MLK did rape or watch and laugh as someone was raped then it absolutely changes how we as a society should view him. if it doesn't, maybe you can be the person in charge of this, how many rapes should he need to commit before he's deemed more bad than good? really curious about this new outlook since i've always categorized rapists as "bad" despite how well they spoke or their message they put out to the public, but maybe that's just me.

edit: to clarify, this looks like a smear, my point has nothing to do with his guilt, but the idea that his guilt shouldn't change how we think of him if it does turn out to be true is annoying to hear because of how clearly moronic it is.
    As soon as I typed out my reply, I knew it would get Godwin'd lol. MLK was not Hitler, or anywhere even close. However, you seemed to miss my point entirely. You can both acknowledge that he did some bad things while also understanding how the good he did outweighed it by a whole helluva lot. Anyone who was looking at MLK as a perfect man were already stupid for doing so, every person who has ever lived was flawed. I'm sure he had demons, as do all of us. It's also dangerous to view every action in the past through the scope of modern morality. We live in an age of #metoo and much more focus on the effects of sexual assault. Does it mean what he did is okay? Of course not, but we also can't expect someone to act in the past the same way we would act today, it's not a reasonable expectation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    This sounds some of that smear bullshit.
    My sentiments exactly.