Sheriff: Woman Shoots, Kills Alleged Intruder

Kaufman County Sheriff’s deputies are investigating after a woman shot and killed a man who allegedly broke into her home.

On Thursday at 9:45 a.m., dispatch received a 911 call reporting a burglary in progress in the 8000 block of FM 2757 in Forney.

The female caller told dispatch that she was woken up by someone banging on her front door. She went to see who it was, but did not recognize the man attempting to enter nor did she recognize his vehicle, so she did not answer.

A short while later, the caller said she heard someone kicking in her back door. That’s when she called 911 and locked herself in a closet.

While she was on the phone with 911, the intruder found her and confronted her.

She then defended herself by shooting and killing the man, according to police. She was not injured during the invasion.

When deputies arrived on the scene, they found the deceased male inside of the home.

This incident is still under investigation and the Texas Rangers have been called in to assist.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...510338851.html

Wish I had more information. What was the guy thinking? Was he drunk thought he was in his own home?

What could the woman have done other than shooting him?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there and neither was anyone else, so nobody knows what else she could have done, but provided the evidence is "as is" then she 100% did the right thing, good for her.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Good stuff.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Wish I had more information. What was the guy thinking? Was he drunk thought he was in his own home?

For once a legitimate case of responsible gun owner and use for self defense. She didn't go rambo as the first choice, but instead hid and called 911 first; only resorting to shooting as last resort. Case closed.

As they say "shoot at sight"
    Last edited by MMOmaniacs; 2019-05-26 at 02:40 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    I guess the real question (and probably the one that was going through her mind at the time) is what would've happened if she hadn't shot him.

The whole thing is still under investigation according to the article, but based on what we have, it seems to me like the guy played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Yeah, you don't go into other people's homes, especially kicking in the back door after being sent away at the front door, and not expect someone in the house to take action.

I'm sure someone will say "But she had a gun!" and try to defend the guy, even though he did all that. I don't care if he was drunk and confused. If he's violent enough to kick in the back door, then he's violent enough to hurt and/or kill her. She was right to defend herself, imo.
    I think this would only happen if the genders were reversed.

Looks like she acted accordingly.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Sounds like she did everything exactly right, not sure what the story is here. Why even bother to post this?

If the Rangers charge her with murder/manslaughter then there might be more of a story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you expecting some serious outcry over this, or something? Not sure why this is even being linked, here. Nothing leaps out as unjust.

If the guy had broken in and fell asleep on her couch (because he's drunk and thought it was his place, say) and she shot him, that'd be murder, but dude hunted her down.

But sure, we've already got a couple people claiming that there's gonna be some major outcry just because there was a shooting. Showing they don't have any tiny inkling of the arguments they're railing against in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I guess the real question (and probably the one that was going through her mind at the time) is what would've happened if she hadn't shot him.

The whole thing is still under investigation according to the article, but based on what we have, it seems to me like the guy played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.
    I mean, "under investigation" because it's a clear homicide, and they need to establish the circumstances, as with any homicide. Doesn't mean they're looking to charge her, just make sure the evidence matches her account, because if it does, they'll agree she had a right to defend herself and this won't ever go to court. Standard practice, just in case the evidence doesn't line up.

Finally someone with a gun who actually read and understood all instructions that came with it.
    Seems like a clear cut case (the kicking down doors part is quite hard to argue).

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sounds like she did everything exactly right, not sure what the story is here. Why even bother to post this?

If the Rangers charge her with murder/manslaughter then there might be more of a story.
    Because reminders like this, can show that most people are responsible gun owners who are using the Constitutional right to use a firearm to defend themselves and that it happens more often then some think. Bringing such cases to light, serves a good purpose I think. However, I would have posted it in the Gun Control Mega thread for such. And this case is very similar to one which happened a couple years ago.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

There's not really much to discuss here. Responsible gun owner used gun responsibly.

Am I missing something?

Dudes final thought, "fucking campers"

Random story with very little meat to it, why are we disccussing this again? If you have an agenda to post this then at least turn it into a proper hook for debate instead of just dumping this with 3 sentences of speculation that amount to nothing. The cops will investigate it, until we hear more of it there is nothing to discuss.

Was the intruder Black? Was the homeowner a Trump supporter? Those are the only questions that the National media and the agitators on these forums care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming there's no lies or deception, she did the right thing. Unlike the previous story of the gun owner who walked outside his house because he mistook paintball guns for real ones. She hid and defended herself when there were no other options.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.