Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How would you like to see the night elves Progress from now?

I wonder, I know a lot have been thoroughly disappointed with the night elves in wow, so I wonder how you would like them to progress?

For me, I want the original vision in it's wonder, savagery, serenity and excellence restored. - that's in a nutshell for me.

Night elves Compared to Humans & High Elves:
    When they first came out, they struck me as very stern elves - highly civilized but with a brutality to them too - where a high elf might parley and nobly seek peace, a night elf wouold be able to conclude something was evil and jump straight to execution.

High elves struck me as more humanised.. while elven with magical talent and a highly civilized version of humanity, night elves had an intensity to them that came out in their earlier depictions - their nature mastery seemed intense and primal, their arcane mastery described in WoTA - just seemed far more focused and intense too than that shown in the high elves.. and their religion had focus it had a goddess and a zealotry to it missing also from the high elves.

It's like they took all the aspects of the high elves - love for nature, love for arcane, wilds forestery - intelligence, strength, staturte, and just upped them in intensity - add to that the purple colour and some very very distinct cultural behaviour - roles of men and women and you had the night elves.

5-Point Essential Night elf Progression
    Night elves had an air of non-human exclusivity to them - mysticism of the Moon and Stars - we never got to see in wow or get expanded much - the original identity as Children of the Stars - wasn't touched much on in WoTA - which was all about the first invasion.

1. The Hard dangerous edge - most call this savage - but it was shown in hard arsed sentinel warriors in WC3, but also seen in demon hunters through illidan and all the demon hunters we have met in wow. To note, Warcraft 3 did show the "maiden " night elf and she didn't seem savage at all, but she was deadly, I liked that.

2. Unification: Night elves were about the arcane in their pre-sundering era, and druidsm in their long vigil era - the priesthood has existed in both, i'd love to see the unification of all 3. I don't mean a merging of orders, keep them distinct, but restore them. Night elf arcane side was described as phenomenal and excellent, and marred only when addiction overcame the leading highborne cste, but that was cured in Legion. The reason for the arcane ban on the long ivil group was stated to only prevent the legion's return, and this ofc happened at the end of Wc3, which should give room for the arcane to re-assert titself in their society.

The night elf is described as an arcane enhanced being - purple fit their colour theme and silver eyes are meant to depict the arcane power of their connection to the well of eternity, (now realised as the blood of Azeroth), it seems silly to me that only the long vigil side of the night elf should be present, room should be made for the arcane side too.

I would love to see the druidic order continued and fleshed out further, the Moon Priest order too - and more about the stars through them, and the restoration of the arcane side - Suramar depicts the extent of night elf civilization and arcane mastery, I'd like to see the highborne group of the night elves encapsulate.

The illidari have also experienced much change, and should now after legion no longer be seen as betrayers nor completely fallen to corruption but as noble souls who have taken on corruption to empower them to destroy evil, not join it. This allows some grey areas for interesting differing views and a level of distance, but this should lead to the Illidari not being enemies of the Darnassians or any night elf group, but viewed as wary heroes most of their kin greatly admire but also are terrified off because of the scars and corruption they carry to continue their task.

Unification means that all these groups can now actively be part oft he night elves.

3. Restoration:
    By restoration I mean no longer ruins, no longer broken, or nerfed. Which means - please repair Val'sharah and Ashenvale, please repair Nar''thalas, Azsuna, Tel'anor, Moonguard stronghold, temple of Falanar - let the night elves rebuild both ruined cities and forests - start somewhere first, maybe the broken isle (until kalidmor gerts asecond update).

Also why isn't the Well of Eternity and Shaladrassil used ? this is both an arcane empowerment and nature one? A 3rd lies n the Font of Elune? This would empower them in the arcane, nature and Elune again especially when the lore now has opened the door to all 3. There is no reason to no longer abstaning from using the Well of Eternity, with the Legion vanquished and discovered to actually have bene after the planet, with the Well only a means of several --furthermore, nothing to fear in addiction having understood its cause, having a cure for it and knowing how to prevent it - furthermore having elves skillfull and knowledgeable enough to use it and needing its power to both rebuild the cities AND cleanse the forest - arcane works with nature in wow, it enhances it, and this si the foundation the night elves are built on, marrying of arcane and nature, dark elf and forest elf. Shaladrassil is cleansed, and healed, surely a connection and link to the Emerald dream for a nature boost can occur boosting the night elves. And finally with the Cathedral of Eternal night cleasned fully of the corrupt taint, the Font of elune can be a source of purity and empowerment too to the night elves - they could even extend it as a means to restore willing nightborne tot heir kaldorei form removeing the nightwell changes, - and can be used to restore wiling naga and satyr - although for them it returns satyr to a half night elf/demon state like the illidari, swelling their numbers, and it mostly restores naga, leaving some some traces of their former existence allowing for this Naz'dorei concept

4. Territory:
    Eventually - I feel night elf kind.. both Horde and alliance (kaldorei and shal'dorei and potential new ones like Naz'dorei) should occupy the broken isles and North/western Kalidmor. Naz'jatar, Crystal song forest. I don't think they should be about the horde and the alliance, and should be written to barely care about their squabbles - turn the tables around... they care more for restoring the kaldorei and being beacon to the younger races who's squablbles nearly destroyed them and made them lose sight ofof all the wisdom, knowledge and advancement they've gained, and often dstracts them from focusing on world claiming threats. I think Azshara and N'zoth should be revealed to be the true architects of the WoT and BFA faction conflict and the night elves/nightborne should have a serious wake up call that should result in them almost leaving both factions - but end up effectively partially withdrawing with leaving only those elves who wish to continue to help the factions to be involved - but under the premise of helping the younger races grow wisely, avoid dangerous magics they can't control, not produce more Arthas'/Garroshes and prevent manipulations like what happened with Sylvanas - they also work to ensure the races would be ready to fight world threats.. and they agree that the shal'dorei because of their bfa role should keep members in the horde, while the kaldorei because of their past relations, should keep members in the alliance and work together to achieve that goal, burt

5. Character
    WE have seen different sides tot eh kaldorei - all honourable good..some lawful, some chaotic like demon hunters - thisshoudl continue.. I would certainly hate the general characteristics of night elves to be like Maiev - much prefer her as a one off, Malfurion & Farondis is how I tend to view the Males and the sentinel maidens in WC3 is how I view the females - with obvious exceptions in the Wardens and Demon hunters who are supposed to be aggressive.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-05-26 at 03:24 PM.

I don't care that much about the specific direction, what i DO care about is that they get a proper Capital City back. With tie ins for all the worldevents, vendors, AH, profession trainer, bank and updated versions of the cooking+fishing daylies. A PROPER capital. Not some low-effort asset flip of a minor settlement moved to darkshore.

I want the same for all the other races that currently lack a proper capital.

They should disappear from the story forever, because Blizzard can't help themselves from butchering them further whenever they are in the spotlight. They can't be trusted with writing Night Elves, so the best thing for the race is sadly for them to stop writing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizz can resist the urge to kick them in the teeth again long enough, maybe have them establish a new homeland (likely candidates being Val'Sharah, regrowing the Blackwald into a forest resembling kaldorei territory, or Eldre'Thalas as an actual capital) and manage to protect their borders from active invasion for a change. Thousands of years on high alert for invasion and once one happens they do nothing but get whipped like a rented mule? k.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I think they will become the Alliance version of the Forsaken. The parallels are becoming clear. A people who are persecuted and feel little help from their allies, who will eventually decide it's them against the world. Tyrande is headed down the path of righteous vengeance and I don't see her stopping once she feels she has gotten justice for Teldrassil no matter what Blizzard says.

I have always felt that the Forsaken were the most interesting race in WoW because of their inevitable decent into madness and destruction. They were doomed from the very beginning. Playing beta and seeing those old Forsaken quests in classic, reinforced that idea. I had forgotten how obvious it was that they were always using the Horde as a means to an end and that they viewed all of the living as eventual enemies to be destroyed.

I feel that the Night Elves are headed down a similar path. Their quest for vengeance will consume them and pit them against the rest of the Alliance who they will declare complicit in their near destruction. Where were the Draenei and their laser beam of light shooting spaceship? Why didn't they come and help at least rescue the elves stuck in the tree with their ship before they burned to death? Where were the Gnomes and Dwarves with their steam tanks and flying machines? Where were the humans and their superiority complex?

I realize their main army was pulled south in the deception, I am simply looking at this from the Night Elf perspective. They have more than enough reasons, justified or not, to place a great deal of blame on their allies. This gives them motive for eventually going their own way and leaving the Alliance, an event that I hope the Forsaken undertake as well. I think it's time to split the factions into multiple smaller ones. The Horde and Alliance are beginning to splinter. The Horde is further along but the seeds have been planted for the Alliance to break as well. Tyrande and Alleria are one more bad day away from becoming Sylvanas and I can't imagine a more interesting turn of events.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The illidari have also experienced much change, and should now after legion no longer be seen as betrayers nor completely fallen to corruption but as noble souls who have taken on corruption to empower them to destroy evil, not join it. This allows some grey areas for interesting differing views and a level of distance, but this should lead to the Illidari not being enemies of the Darnassians or any night elf group, but viewed as wary heroes most of their kin greatly admire but also are terrified off because of the scars and corruption they carry to continue their task.
    You forgot guilt. The Darnassians should also feel very guilty over the treatment of the Illidari.

Also given druidsm has been as fallible and more corruptible than the arcane, they owe both their arcane kin the Maiev types have been snubby towards. Night elves showed the same hubris with nature they’d showed with the arcane when they grew Teldrassil.

And nature users proved to be just as easily corruptible as arcane users when the Druids of the flame in cataclysm went bad and the nightmare corrupted druids so easily there was no hope for them.

No sane night elf should ever be prejudiced against the arcane after these events and should view Illidari with fearful awe given how they much it should now be realised they sacrificed.

Given night elves were wrong about the arcane even if they were right to abstain based on their knowledge, I feel they need to reach out to Thalassian elves

if Blizzard is determined to make Kalimdor the Horde area and Eastern Kingdoms the Alliance then the logical thing to do is to retake Gilneas now that Undercity is no longer a threat. It would make sense (as much as anything in WoW does) to want to reinforce the battle in Arathi...assuming that's still happening? Warfronts are a mess lorewise.

Also it would be a nice full circle for the Worgen, who lost their homes at the start of Cata and had to bunk with the Night Elves, to be able to return the favor now. Also Gilnean architecture is beautiful and criminally underused in WoW. Also apparently the next heritage set after Gnome to release Alliance side is going to be Worgen. The Worgen need to step up now to help their allies in their time of need.

That being said, I don't think the long term solution is for the Night Elves to stay with the Worgen forever. The Night Elves have their own racial identity and they are going to maintain it. But as I see it the situation they're in now demands either one of two solutions: Either 1) Isolation from the rest of the Alliance while they re-establish. Or 2) Leaning on the rest of the Alliance a bit while they recover. Personally I'd like to see a Night Elf split but since gameplay insists that is impossible they should bond with their Worgen allies in Gilneas and galvanize their position within the Alliance and then, one day, move on from there.

Also something needs to happen with the Night Warrior plotline instead of it just being dropped. Having badass moon-infused seekers of retribution be a dead plotline is bonkers. But, then, that's Blizzard for you.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I would personally like to see them written as a bit more wild and natural. I think many people see this as purely savage and brutal like orcs or tauren, but I don't really see it the same way.

In WC3 a big thing that was driven home about night elves is that their druidism and natural connections were so powerful that their allies were things like mountain giants and wild beasts. Night elves themselves fought side by side with chimaeras, mountain giants and hippogryphs, not to mention massive sentient trees and forest spirits. They felt primal in a natural way, like they were connected on another level with the world itself than orcs and humans were. I remember in WC3 seeing them as the yin to the Scourge's yang, a viciously powerful force of nature and defenders of life.

This feels completely divorced from the night elves we know now, who are mostly just a semi-militaristic group of Elune-worshiping priestesses and druids. They feel not only brought down to earth rather than the almost unknowable, mystical feeling that they gave off in WC3, but a fairly weak and poor group at that.

I would like to personally see night elves kind of return to being reclusive forces of nature, who are to the Alliance what the Forsaken are to the Horde. Allies of convenience, and honorary members, but not truly a part of the Alliance in the same way humans and dwarves are. Bring back more of the natural side, with the greatly reduced population being a great excuse to make night elven armies in the future be more natural and animalistic. In fact, don't even let us go to the new night elf capital for an expansion or two, let it be so secluded and shrouded in the forests that not even night elf players know much about it other than hearsay from quest NPCs. Bring back the mysterious, natural and primal side of the night elves rather than having them be purple woobies.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-05-26 at 07:57 PM.

I would certainly hate the general characteristics of night elves to be like Maiev - much prefer her as a one off, Malfurion & Farondis is how I tend to view the Males and the sentinel maidens in WC3 is how I view the females - with obvious exceptions in the Wardens and Demon hunters who are supposed to be aggressive.
    I don't get why you made this thread. The Night Elves of WoW perfectly fit your description.

Maiev brutally murders Tyrande and Malfurion and becomes the new nelf tyrant, wages war on all life on Azeroth starting with Anduin

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I would personally like to see them written as a bit more wild and natural. I think many people see this as purely savage and brutal like orcs or tauren, but I don't really see it the same way.
    I've never understood this view nor seen it. Night elves were never brutal savage... Metzen shared some of his early concepts for them, and some people have since then yearned for night elves to be like that...but they arent..

Blizzard could release a version of Night elves like that, I'm thinking the e,gerald dream night elf worgen could be that, but the actual night elves were not.

From the start they were a multi faceted group. The first game impression was female amazonian type priests and warriors, women that seemed more in the role of men, o nonsense, attack first, but also graceful and serene when you saw Tyra de with her maidens.

The other facets, like the highly advanced civilization was mentioned right at the start and described in more detail in the war of the Ancients trilogy.

The natural wild I believe was also visible for the druidic element, and that is sort of intended, but not in a savage primitive way, it's not what they intend for them.

The final was the Illidari hard core extreme felmusers.

Then they showed us the evil night elves that become naga and satyr

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    If Blizz can resist the urge to kick them in the teeth again long enough, maybe have them establish a new homeland (likely candidates being Val'Sharah, regrowing the Blackwald into a forest resembling kaldorei territory, or Eldre'Thalas as an actual capital) and manage to protect their borders from active invasion for a change. Thousands of years on high alert for invasion and once one happens they do nothing but get whipped like a rented mule? k.
    Even as a primarily Horde player I hope they can do the Night Elves some justice. Eldre’thalas would be a great candidate for their capital. (So tired of that dungeon on alts.) Or maybe just the open world part of it. They need to go by the story that “after being neglected by the Alliance the Kaldorei withdraw and become isolationist again and have their only close relationship be the Gilneans.

They should do a story where Tyrande and Malfurion are killed and the rest of the Night Elves go into hiding. Have new characters pop up and take charge and really have them earn the leadership role this time. Don't make it a love triangle this time and have their opinions differ. And focus way more on the people's survival, instead of how Tyrande just bailed on them to save Malfurion and then came back and got a power up and got "Revenge" for them, have the new characters fight with their people and survive together.

Imo, 3 groups should pop up. Maybe one is more into working with the Alliance, while one is working more with the Wild Gods and the last one is more focused on fighting the Horde even if the Alliance is at peace with the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    I don't get why you made this thread. The Night Elves of WoW perfectly fit your description.
    That's why I like them, however I do want their story to progress faster, theyve been stuck in classic scenery, and all the changes that have happened to them haven't been reflected at all, or written through, and its left to our imagination, which could prove meaningful gloss if they do something ridiculous with them without cementing the cha ges the story means for them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    They should do a story where Tyrande and Malfurion are killed and the rest of the Night Elves go into hiding. Have new characters pop up and take charge and really have them earn the leadership role this time. Don't make it a love triangle this time and have their opinions differ. And focus way more on the people's survival, instead of how Tyrande just bailed on them to save Malfurion and then came back and got a power up and got "Revenge" for them, have the new characters fight with their people and survive together.

Imo, 3 groups should pop up. Maybe one is more into working with the Alliance, while one is working more with the Wild Gods and the last one is more focused on fighting the Horde even if the Alliance is at peace with the Horde.
    But do we want more hardship and upheaval for the night elves? I kinda want to see growth,, stability and a some form of expansion/unification, not more killing and tragedy

But do we want more hardship and upheaval for the night elves? I kinda want to see growth,, stability and a some form of expansion/unification, not more killing and tragedy
    Rather them have some kind of development, instead of what there is now. Right now, it's Tyrande that's been developed, it needs to be more of the people and how they overcome what's happened, not how Tyrande just gets a power up and now everything's fine.

I think seeing new people take center stage and are more involved with the survivors and how different groups of them build up again. They're gonna need to lose their "Queen" who cares for nothing but Malurion, for them to start getting the spotlight.

Rather them have some kind of development, instead of what there is now. Right now, it's Tyrande that's been developed, it needs to be more of the people and how they overcome what's happened, not how Tyrande just gets a power up and now everything's fine.

I think seeing new people take center stage and are more involved with the survivors and how different groups of them build up again. They're gonna need to lose their "Queen" who cares for nothing but Malurion, for them to start getting the spotlight.
    Night Elf players love Tyrande. Hell, the only reason they play this race is because of their look.
    That doesn't bother them at all that Tyrande did nothing during these last 15 years but submiting to the Humans, and losing almost all of her territory to the Horde while being BFF with Thrall.
    In BFA she literally abandons the fight while her people is being slaughtered, gets a power up only to kill a valkyr, annnnd she's gone again. But that's fine she got a new dress and a new haircut, so cute!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’d like to see them stand up for themselves and tell Anduin to fuck off.

But that won’t happen so it’d probably be best if they got ignored for the remainder of the game. That’d be best for a lot of races. The more attention Blizzard gives you the worse it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    if Blizzard is determined to make Kalimdor the Horde area and Eastern Kingdoms the Alliance then the logical thing to do is to retake Gilneas now that Undercity is no longer a threat. It would make sense (as much as anything in WoW does) to want to reinforce the battle in Arathi...assuming that's still happening? Warfronts are a mess lorewise.

Also it would be a nice full circle for the Worgen, who lost their homes at the start of Cata and had to bunk with the Night Elves, to be able to return the favor now. Also Gilnean architecture is beautiful and criminally underused in WoW. Also apparently the next heritage set after Gnome to release Alliance side is going to be Worgen. The Worgen need to step up now to help their allies in their time of need.

That being said, I don't think the long term solution is for the Night Elves to stay with the Worgen forever. The Night Elves have their own racial identity and they are going to maintain it. But as I see it the situation they're in now demands either one of two solutions: Either 1) Isolation from the rest of the Alliance while they re-establish. Or 2) Leaning on the rest of the Alliance a bit while they recover. Personally I'd like to see a Night Elf split but since gameplay insists that is impossible they should bond with their Worgen allies in Gilneas and galvanize their position within the Alliance and then, one day, move on from there.

Also something needs to happen with the Night Warrior plotline instead of it just being dropped. Having badass moon-infused seekers of retribution be a dead plotline is bonkers. But, then, that's Blizzard for you.
    Makes sense, however the only reason I dont like the idea of the night elves being refugees for long is because ...when are they gonna catch a break and have a string of great things rather than the disaster trek theyve been on since WotA that keeps leaving them barely surviving and carrying on in a far worse state than before.

• Tired of night elves as refugees, living in ruins and devastation.
    • Tired no significant improvement happens to them (esp when theyve been needed from such great heights they started with in their origi story.
    • Tired of seeing their potential wasted to keep showcasing and prioritising humans.
    • Tired of seeing the lore already providing all the I Freddie ts for the night elves to at least be powerful enough to secure a home and be a force that can defend it against all attacks and does so as opposed to being beaten all the time or needing saving.

The lore since wow began has give them.
    • VeMeans, motivation, acceptance all very good reasons to start using the Well of Eternity again. Which can help in both restoring of ancient wonder cities and forests
    • A possibility of the world tree shaldrassil bonding brings a strong emerald dream connection able to boost night elves in a new way.
    • More from Elune outside the unstable Night Warrior ritual - with the Cathedral of Eternal night, free, it canbeopened again by the sisterhood and the Fontof Elune used to boost them again
    • The night warrior ritual is also empowering to the new Black Moon war faction of priests but could also draw a faction of void elves back to Elune. ( void elves dont have to be a 1 dimensional group)
    • Adequate reason to use the arcane powerfully at world leading levels through their highborne.
    • Powerful factions that if they come together would be formidable, imagined the Illidari, Moonguard leaders, Faromdis highborne restored, emerald dreamworgrnnight elves, defected nightborne, rebel naga and even repentant satyr all came together, thenight elves would have all their existing groups and off shoots able to form a formidable resurgence when added to the druidsm priests and sentinels.

It's all there in the lore, these groups are around and thenight elves know they can trust them, (except the rebel naga one, but that could easily become a thing),, the well of eternity is still there,Shaladrassil world tree too, the Cathedral of Eternal night and the font of Elune ... they have it all still around in the lore. The lands are also still there, Suramar, Azsuna, Val'sharah, Broken shore, Darkshore,Ashenvale, Desolace, Feralas, Felwood, Winterspring, Azshara,, Stonetalon Mountainn, Naz'jatar, Crystaksong Forest.

There is room and zone for all their groups.

• Darkshore - Darnassian highborne, with priests and druids
    • Ashenvale - Druids of the wild with sentinels and naz'dorei colony
    • Desolace - A faction of Illidari former satyr, shen'dralar and priests
    • Feralas - shen'dralar highborne, sentinels and druids
    • Felwood - Illidari zone with Druid
    • Stonetalon Mountain - druids of the talon and small highborne colony
    • Moonglade - Priests of Elune and druids.
    • Hyjal - druids, highborne and priests
    • Suramar - Nightborne, Moonguard and kaldorei civilians and Priests
    • Azsuna - Farondis Highborne, Wardens and Priests
    • Val'sharah - Emerald dream worgen night elves, undead night elf DKs at Black Rook Hold, Dreamwardens and Priests
    • Thal'dranath & Broken Shore - Priests and Illidari
    • Crystal Song Forest - another restored satyr Illidari faction and highborne
    • Borean Tundra west - Highborne and Naz'dorei
    • Naz'jatar - Naz'dorei, priests, druids, highborne, civilians
    • Azshara - highborne and Priests

The bolded are the dominant faction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Night Elf players love Tyrande. Hell, the only reason they play this race is because of their look.
    That doesn't bother them at all that Tyrande did nothing during these last 15 years but submiting to the Humans, and losing almost all of her territory to the Horde while being BFF with Thrall.
    In BFA she literally abandons the fight while her people is being slaughtered, gets a power up only to kill a valkyr, annnnd she's gone again. But that's fine she got a new dress and a new haircut, so cute!!
    Yes, I admit I love Tyrande, but I certainly did not like her being a trophy wife character not doing anything, until she either needs to be rescued or make Varian or some human or male look strong and powerful. While 8.1.5 was the first time in wow (not in Warcraft, just in WoW) Tyrande has been shown as powerful - the solution has never been to kill her off.

I think her problem is best solved by replacing ngiht elf leadership with someone that can be a bit more focused, but is less powerful or maybe nearly as powerful as either of them, but also influential - then using Mal & Tyrande as neutral characters and heads of their order. I think the problem is solved if Farondis took the helm (requiring the group to be restored) he is both a leader and stateman as well as a talented and very powerful arcane wielder - but one every Night elf would support and respect after his role in the 1st war of the ancients, and his role in the final Legion invasion. Maiev is too unstable -she is a weapon, a powerful tool, but she is no leader of a nation, and sof rar she is a criminal that's been pardoned and all about revenge.. I would hate for her to lead, there is no Illidari that could take the mantle, the other popular druids are just not well known enough - it would be Lor'themar all over again for Broll Bearmantle, Rensar Greathoof, Naralax or any of that lot to lead the entire race, same with any priest or sentinel I can think of -Farondis could believably unite the night elves - druid, priest, highborne/arcane user and Illidari - easily reforge night elf/Thalassian relationships - cos while Thalassians might despise the druids for the exile, the night elves would now have highborne, Illidari, and others who in fact agreed with them. And the only one spotless enough to do this is Farondis. He also has the clout and weightiness you would expect of a kaldorei leader.

His story is very well loved amongst all who played Legion and his character hasn't been marred either. He also brings back the gravitas of age and wisdom but also standing up for his people the night elves have missed. Farondis led night elves would like be more of a source of advise, knowledge and wisdom to their allies rather than directly involved in alliance affairs. It allows the ngiht elves to be their own story that includes the nightborne too as a separate sort of world/zone amidst the horde/alliance conflict that both player factions can be involved with(alliance via the night elves, and horde via the nightborne) and Farondis and Thalyssra can have a good rapport perhaps the best between groups who are aligned on the opposite faction .. it opens a lot of possibilities, we also no Farondis won't stand for evil or corruption and won't hesistate to send you to fight that which is trying to destroy his people. No accusations of sititng doing nothing.

With him blizzard have a fresh slate, and he is a charcter that exists, I think it is easier to undo their curse and make them physical again than it is to replace with a newer character. He is a new character afterall.

They'll never progress as long as they're part of the Alliance. They will continue to be a plot tool to boost the human story.

And she doesn't need to lose her life for that to happen, she just needs to not be night elf leader any longer, but priestess leader of a multi-elven race order of Elune. and besides, if genocide won't rile the night elves up, why just repeat the same thing.

If Tyrande shifts to neutrality, then we could see the order of leune open up to all the nighte lf off shoots, not just nightborne, but satyr, naga even thalassians like void elves. The first two (satyr /naga - drawn to looking for redemption and restoration - while Elune turned 2 satyrs back, , she tells the night elves to use her Font and help those who wish to turn, but the font will show their worth and they'd have to face a reckoning of the heart,.. if they pass, the font would restore them, ub t it may not be as they desire - (this leads to the Font resotirng the purest of heart to full kaldorei, however with others they get a partial transformation (Satyr to half demon Illidari, and Naga - to the part night elven Naz'dorei (very cool fan concept)) tasks with writing the wrongs and having that form as a reminder of their folly. So Tyrande has elven followers from the kaldorei, shal'dorei, naz'dorei, ren'dorei (a faction of whom are drawn to the black moon), high elves and at some point blood elves through their nightborne friends (relationships can heal if a night elf like Farondis takes over from Tyrande