Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Eventually, trolls from Jintha'alor ( hinterlands ) which dropped a herb whose name I don't remember ( I was able to sell em for 90s each, and its rarity was uncommon. The image could have looked like the "kingsblood" herb, but it wasn't kingsblood ).
    -Wildvine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Your parents are assholes and so are you.

Professions are pretty steady. Crafting materials as well. Then you have the grind for random drops. It really isn't that hard because you don't need millions. The difference is the game just doesn't mile stone you at points where you already have the goods. So at 40 when you want that mount you won't just automatically have the money. You will have to work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    boes, cloth, ore
    At 60, I used to farm at Sorrow Hill all the time, and another favorite was the orcs in the middle of Burning Steppes.

Cash, cloth, BoEs, as he says.

On release, gold just doesnt come out of thin air. If you put stuff on the AH right on release, you aren't going to be rich instantly, because while people need materials, they also need gold too, and they won't be able to afford your materials unless you put them for dirt cheap.

The only source of gold is from 1-time quests and their reward, and mob drops. There are no dailies/WQ's/similar in classic. You get 1 shot at completing quests, then you grind mobs for the rest of your gold and vendor the stuff you get (unless obviously if the item that drops is particularly rare and worth more to another player).

The way I got my first epic mount was farming/skinning devilsaurs in Un'goro (LW can craft a nice leather set). Should still be valid since this was back in the original MC patch where classic is being released.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    The way I got my first epic mount was farming/skinning devilsaurs in Un'goro (LW can craft a nice leather set). Should still be valid since this was back in the original MC patch where classic is being released.
    Well, Classic is releasing as 1.12, regardless of raiding release state. Does this mean Silithus will still be basically nothing at launch as well, until time for AQ?

Grind thorium ore, become engineer. Make ammo. Big bucks.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    I don't remember that ever beeing a thing in Classic because of how scarce gold was.
    ....so out of the maybe couple hundred people on your one server it would of never happened with the million players spread out on over 100 servers....

think one of the big issues with "community" talk people do because...there's no way in hell they knew EVERYONE on their server...or how EVERY OTHER server functioned....there may of been selling of dungeon runs and raid spots back then in certain servers..may of been done under the table...but because it didn't happen to YOUR server to anyone one you know doesn't mean it didn't happen

People will want mounts like tigers and if they arent playing Elfs they will have to gain rep,so i guess you most safe bet is cloths from humanoid creatures

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Tyr's hand was a nice spot to grind in group or even for solo with certain classes.

Darkwhispering gorge also was nice for the eye of shadow, which was needed for benediction.

Eventually, trolls from Jintha'alor ( hinterlands ) which dropped a herb whose name I don't remember ( I was able to sell em for 90s each, and its rarity was uncommon. The image could have looked like the "kingsblood" herb, but it wasn't kingsblood ).

Could you explain a little more?
    just youtube it basically u go into maraudon and kill the princess solo
    and sell all drops from her

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    What does this have to do with the thread?
    Makes sense.

He is asking how to make Gold. If you rely on selling items such as BoEs, and no one in the server has bothered grinding the actual money in the first place to buy them, then it doesn't matter what item you are selling, and the value, it probably just won't sell.

Thus, you need people grinding out in the world, and selling items to vendors and such, to generate money in the economy to actually sell things in the first place. Makes complete sense, and is very valid for this thread, especially in the beginning of the server, when dickheads will try selling 20 copper ore for 10g and having no clue why they aren't selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    That wasn't the reason, that culture just didn't exist that strongly yet.
    It'll be in classic, and there will be a ton of it.
    While I am sure there will be guilds selling raid clears, let's be realistic about it; the design of vanilla does not allow for ample gold to be thrown about, so far less people will be buying, and they won't be paying nearly as much. The average player will be lucky to get 5g an hour if they really push it, so how much will raid clears be selling for?

And, we, as a community, should discourage this type of thing in the first place. Just my $0.02.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....so out of the maybe couple hundred people on your one server it would of never happened with the million players spread out on over 100 servers....

think one of the big issues with "community" talk people do because...there's no way in hell they knew EVERYONE on their server...or how EVERY OTHER server functioned....there may of been selling of dungeon runs and raid spots back then in certain servers..may of been done under the table...but because it didn't happen to YOUR server to anyone one you know doesn't mean it didn't happen
    If it happened and was successful, everyone would have known about it. Nobody did it, because nobody had any gold, and it was hard enough getting it done for your own guild.
    If you can't be in athletics, be an athletic supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    It pretty much never happened, I cannot recall once a spot being sold, and we were also the top raid guild on the server.

Only thing we had closest to it, was the AQ launch event, where the person who turned in the most items (for us to hand in) got taken on our BWL/MC run with a friend, and could have pick of 4 items of their choice (legendaries reserved). But that was more of a "Get the gate open" event crapshoot than selling.

Most of My gold post AQ opening was our guild doing bwl/mc gold runs aka we invite 10-15 randoms that could bid on items with gold

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    While I am sure there will be guilds selling raid clears, let's be realistic about it; the design of vanilla does not allow for ample gold to be thrown about, so far less people will be buying, and they won't be paying nearly as much. The average player will be lucky to get 5g an hour if they really push it, so how much will raid clears be selling for?
    There were and still are plenty of ways to still really manipulate the market and make gold, particularly through professions. Prices may go up and down depending on economy, but selling runs will 100% happen.

And, we, as a community, should discourage this type of thing in the first place. Just my $0.02.
    That's my hope, but sadly probably not my expectation.

As long as there are people who will be looking to buy (and oh will there be...) there will be groups willing to sell. I sure wish the WoW playerbase wouldn't do this but as someone who used to be a part of a big carry run-selling group back in MoP, I already know friends who are going to be racing up to 60 specifically for that purpose. At least a couple of them don't even care much for classic but plan to do this just for real money selling.

Live your hole life in Tyrs hand.

AS you level? Gather stuff. Skin, grab herbs, mine ore. You can sell that but you can also use it to level the matching crafting profession.

The thing is, you don't need a ton of gold leveling except for the mount and training at 40. What I'll likely do if I play is to go 2x gathering to get that gold, then drop one of the gathering and level the matching crafting profession. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    what grinding ?
    farm monster kills for raw currency
    farm monster kills for cloth to sell
    farm monster kills for skinning
    farm monster kills for boe drops
    farm monster kills for rare item drops (crafting and equip-able items)

rinse and repeat ad infinitum until you have enough money to buy what you want and/or there's a good enough economy built up over time to play the AH.

retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

By playing the game..

I mean for real: it’s not going to be like WoD’s earning 10,000g a day off follower mission table or even getting carries for gold.. nobody will have any real amount of gold in classic: and that’s ok.

Professions, and certain classes will matter a ton - good luck

You farm Tyr's Hand in Eastern Plaguelands. Each mob dropped anywhere between 10-30 silver each, plus the silver earned from selling stuff they drop. But in general, grind until you fall asleep.
    R5 1600 @ 4 GHz | Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K3 | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X+ | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency