Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Oh i remember having an ubrs key on my druid. Made lots of gold just opening it, even more if they hired me to heal
    I was a tank, so I often got asked to tank/lead the way. I probably made 20k+ gold over those first few weeks. Yes, I was a nerd, but I had a really good job and TONS of vacation, so I took a week off and leveled up. It was great.

Farm Grave Moss. Once naxx drops, become filthy rich

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Most people have probably quit the game already when that happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Most people have probably quit the game already when that happens...
    Bloody hell, you should put some bets down because it seems you have a crystal ball and can foresee the future. Mr Wizard.
    I reckon quater drop-off by Naxx of the launch pop, maybe even half. But once Naxx releases, a lot of players will flock back.
    - Professional Russian - Front End Web Dev / DevOps Trainee / UI Designer / Amateur Videographer

How do you earn gold in Vanilla?

• Farm like an actual farmer: Sun up til sun down. Runecloth from humanoids, thorium and arcane crystals from mining. Or maybe just find a good spot with a high density of mobs you can kill for silver/gold.
    • Other than that, traditional methods work: Become an alchemist and cook to supply raids with consumables. Just don't join a guild that expects you to supply them "For the good of the raid"(that means 'give us stuff free').
    • There's a decent sub-market as an engineer supplying bullets and scopes for hunters.
    • Enchanting is usually profitable as well, although it's a MASSIVE time and gold investment to get to max rank.
    • Clearing old dungeons isn't really very effective until you are in ridiculous end-game gear, but you can always run dungeons with a group and roll need on every single green, claiming to be an enchanter. That's kind of a dick move, so be aware of your reputation if you decide to do it.
    • I highly suspect that with the current short-patience and attention span of modern gamers, there will be a strong market selling carries for various quests and end-game objectives if you're geared enough and have a team that can do it reliably.

I'm sure there's a few other ways in this thread. But these seem like the most reliable.
    Happiness is peace in motion.

Back in vanilla I got lucky with some epic world drops but I didn't want to deal with grinding mobs so I just bought some gold.

Grind high value vendor trash to get gold into the economy

1) Make female Gnome
    2) Take off your gear and dance
    3) Profit

The most reliable way in like 90% of games out there is to farm some resources and sell them on ah. That's what I've been doing since forever. There are always a few high demand recourses that nobody farms

I remember in STV, near Booty Bay, there are these gorillas that have a drop that NPCs for a good bit. I got about 1G from a moderate quantity of them. It didn't take that long either and back then it was kind of a lot for a level 35 player. Since the economy is going to be basically nothing the first few months, I'll probably do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    I don't remember that ever beeing a thing in Classic because of how scarce gold was.
    I don't remember dungeons, but I remember my guild selling half of Molten Core for like 5000g back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Professions, farming different resources, dungeons, playing the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    What is the grave moss used for?

This and the coast of Hinterlands. Pro tip, the Golden Orbs will sell for 20g per in the AH too. So open those clams!

If you have a group, speed runs of live Strat will get you some decent gold. Find a decent spot with dense normal mobs that is out of the way. I recommend the ogres in Blasted Lands, there's rarely anyone there. If you are horde, I think you can farm the alliance guys in the cave, and you won't have to worry about getting ganked.

I have two other spots that are almost always great, but I'm not revealing anything. I have rarely ever seen anyone at those spots, and I make a ton of gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer of Leftism View Post
    While I certainly support more sex for more people and don't think the old norms are viable, it's also become pretty obvious that leftists only support sexual freedom because they think it will spread STDs more, damage the family and damage society. Their intentions are not to spread more freedom, they just want people sick, hopefully dependent on their healthcare too.
    Yes, someone actually said that.

Sell summons to arbitrary areas, simple yet effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    has a need for cc been demonstrated in the beta so far?
    Absolutely. Did you watch Asmons Zul'Farrak run? Needless to say, as the instances they run shifted from low level DM and Scarlet Monastery runs into later content things changed tremendously. It was 2.5 hours of wipes and run backs and they eventually seemed to give up on ZF. They got pulled apart.

I can't wait to see those 6+ mob pulls in Sunken Temple with no cc being "owned".

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrax View Post
    Absolutely. Did you watch Asmons Zul'Farrak run? Needless to say, as the instances they run shifted from low level DM and Scarlet Monastery runs into later content things changed tremendously. It was 2.5 hours of wipes and run backs and they eventually seemed to give up on ZF. They got pulled apart.

I can't wait to see those 6+ mob pulls in Sunken Temple with no cc being "owned".
    i dont watch the big name streamers at all. If I watch anything, it is Perplexity (or just as likely his pvp videos at .25 speed)
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

can we buy gold ?