Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Best things: Honestly everything
    Worst: Maybe the world buffs?

Looking forward to leveling on a PvE server since in '06 my friends started before I did and were on a PvP server and that was a straight up horrible experience. Not looking to the fact that all my friends quit the game long ago and I'll be playing by myself this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m looking forward to the exploration again. Seeing zones I haven’t in years and the various quests. What I dread is the faction balance. I fear horde will outnumber alliance immensely and make BG queues unbearable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Looking forward to leveling on a PvE server since in '06 my friends started before I did and were on a PvP server and that was a straight up horrible experience. Not looking to the fact that all my friends quit the game long ago and I'll be playing by myself this time around.
    That sucks man. No chance your friends will come back at least to check it out? The bright side is at least there will be many people just like you who are gonna be looking for new friends. And vanillas playstyle basically insists upon making new friends.

Best thing: Playing the game as it was in 2006 again, when I had the most fun with it.

Worst thing: My old Vanilla guild not being around for Classic.

Oh, you mean aspects of the game itself...
    Best: The old talent trees. When being a Dwarf Priest mattered.
    Worst: Taking forever to actually go anywhere. Not sure if my lack of patience will tolerate taking 20 minutes to go turn in quests and run right back out to where I already was to do the follow up.

Can't put my finger on best, but can say worst:

"Wanna do some PvP?"
    "I'm Tank specced"

10+ Year Old Account
    For me the best part of vanilla was just exploring the world. That is sort of a catch 22 though because it was new back then. It won't feel the same now as it did then but I am still looking forward to seeing the old zones again for the first time in almost a decade.

Worst part is just how broken parts of the game were. Not being able to play certain specs because they weren't viable. Or itemization for the most part being kinda trash.

Best: Interesting spec options for a lot of classes (for PvP anyway, which is all I care about)

Worst: The people who take this game way too serious and feel the need to comment on why your spec is bad

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best: Seeing the world as it use to be, combined with the ambiance and old music. It's not that I dislike the current renditions, it's just really nice to see how it use to be again.

Worst: Private server autists

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Best: Seeing the world as it use to be, combined with the ambiance and old music. It's not that I dislike the current renditions, it's just really nice to see how it use to be again.

Worst: Private server autists
    Exactly this for myself as well.

Best will be the sense of accomplishment you get doing even menial things.

Worst will be the overabundance of rogues, mages, and warriors (at least warriors are needed for tanking).

Best is that everything you do matters.
    Worst is having to go to the toilet, but your AV might still last some hours :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    BEST: Old world, the ambiance was great paired with the slow pace.

WORST: I am anticipating ignorance being the worst problem. Shit attitudes and perspectives from current expansion. Classism discounting players based on ignorant preconceived notions.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    I just love the idea of developing a character slowly over time in a world I have to travel from one side to the other.
    Yessss! +1. I'm also looking forward to the long quest chains that lead you to dungeons, Legend of Stalvan quest chain, etc.

The thing I'm not looking forward to, which I KNOW will be an issue, is "Link your current WoW account so we can check your achievements before we invite you". I have a feeling the toxicity is what's going to make me quit.

I will just stay away from all thise players, there will probably be enough decent persons to group with.

BEST: Probably the economic potential this will have for many countries where unemployment is such an issue these days; gold farmers of old and new alike will have jobs again.

WORST: Watching the price of gold decline quickly, making the buyer's remorse from last week's purchase sting all that much more.

Hate x-realm and beta seem to show we might get that...

5+ Year Old Account
    Also, Twinks!

worst thing is the outdated honor system and the lack of a guild bank