Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account

Deleting everything and starting fresh

Have any of you ever done this? I havent played WoW in months, stopped playing 1 month into BFA.

I gotta say it's tempting, just deleting all my characters and starting a new class i've never really played and playing the other faction (mostly played Horde for years). Nowadays you don't really lose ''everything'' anyway.

Would probably level without BoA's aswell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would I delete all characters just to start a new one? You can just switch realms and start leveling other faction there.

Just wait for classic and play that instead. That will be a fresh start without having to delete retail stuff

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Just wait for classic and play that instead. That will be a fresh start without having to delete retail stuff
    I'm not sure i'd like classic but i'm definitely trying it. I'm a wrath baby

Just start on a new server with a class you haven't played yet and don't use the heirloom tab.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could just start on a new server. No need to delete old chars.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

What do you do if you maxed all chars? Even in Legion for example. The specs I enjoy most are Ret Paladin, BM Hunter but even those get boring. Sometime you just can't start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Just start on a new server with a class you haven't played yet and don't use the heirloom tab.
    This. Zero point in pissing away everything else you have on the account. And if you play a new server, faction and class it's literally the same. Just don't use the chauffeur mount or heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Have any of you ever done this? I havent played WoW in months, stopped playing 1 month into BFA.

I gotta say it's tempting, just deleting all my characters and starting a new class i've never really played and playing the other faction (mostly played Horde for years). Nowadays you don't really lose ''everything'' anyway.

No , I only once thought about deleting everything in order to quit for good.
    It will be like that for classic though I only plan on reaching 60 and doing a few dungeons for nostalgia , no raiding at all

I was already scared shitless of my /played stat back in classic and tbc, just saying "fuck all that, lulz", yeah not going to happen. If I want a new character I would just start a new one, maybe on a new realm. The fact that there is stuff you can no longer get alone makes that a stupid descision.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I've never done that. At most, I've deleted certain characters when I was either just bored or needed to free up a character slot. But I'd never delete my main or go through and mass delete everything. I've had the same main for almost 14 years, and I have a ton of no longer obtainable stuff in his bank. I've even had a few of the same alts since late Classic/early BC (my warlock alt still has all the items for the warlock mount quest in his bank). No way I'd want to lose that stuff.

As others have said, I'd just keep what you have and start on a different server. Yeah, you'll still have access to heirlooms and mounts and whatever other BoA stuff if you're playing on the same account, but the game isn't forcing you to use any of that (and deleting all your current characters wouldn't solve that anyway, because your heirloom tab would still be there).

If you really wanted to 100% wipe everything clean (achievements and all), I think all you could do is make a new account.

10+ Year Old Account

Nope, never deleted everything. My brain doesn't permit that as it would mean I've wasted 14, soon 15 years of my life. Though, I have leveled without BoA's a few times too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Have any of you ever done this?
    Yes. I regretted it.

I'm not sure i'd like classic but i'm definitely trying it. I'm a wrath baby
    outch,starting in wrath is proly the worst start ever,it was the posterchild for casual gameplay and welfare,it was actualy worse than bfa,atleast bfa has hard endgame,wrath was vanila levels of easy,tbc was the best time to start

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure I could delete my character of 14 years. way too much time investment. It would feel like deleting a part of my life (boy, isn't that sad lol)
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

If I was ever to do this, I'd play a different game.

7+ Year Old Account
    hahahahaha, with all respect and care brother.... keep them, and just start a new character on another server XD

the time it took you to level up characters are time of your life spent in the game, by deleting them you delete that time you invested in those characters.

My suggestion keep them and just start fresh on another server ^^ or even make a EU or American server new account... that would be like starting from scrach with out deleteing your characaters XD
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nope, never deleted everything. My brain doesn't permit that as it would mean I've wasted 14, soon 15 years of my life. Though, I have leveled without BoA's a few times too.
    Leveling is exactly why I would never do it. I would gladly buy premades. :P

5+ Year Old Account

I've definitely considered it at some points but never went through with it. By now, I just identify too much with my main to ever delete him and I've experienced everything new for the first time on him so there's quite a bit of nostalgia associated with him as well.

Start new on a different serveer. You can have your cake and eat it too that way.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."