Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    New models are better. Not that the cray cray purists will ever admit that, after all, such acknowledgement amounts to sacrilege in their eyes.

That said - people wanted Vanilla, so that's what they should get, ugly models and washed off textures and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock main and Spriest alt.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

I've been thinking about it and Vanilla/classic Warlock seem to have A LOT of Small convenience for the harsh Vanilla world, Stuff like Tank pet, Health stone, Life tab, drain life, Soul stone and Summoning stone seems to be very useful in Classic, Considering those things pretty much removes the need for food and drinks.

Just wondering what you all think, Will you main Warlock in Classic as well? Or will you play other classes?

Summoning Stone wasn't a thing in Classic, enjoy spending 1 shard per person summoned, also spending 5 shards on giving everyone a Healthstone in a 5 man group because Soulwell also isn't a thing.

Seems there will be a lot more locks on horde than there was back in vanilla.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...rvey_from_the/.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Seems there will be a lot more locks on horde than there was back in vanilla.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...rvey_from_the/.
    Well, I suppose the question over who is the dumber faction has finally been answered. Alliance players playing Shaman make up 0.20% of the responses for Alliance, but Horde playing Paladin makes up 0.30%.

/facepalm

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Not main (that'll be my warrior), but it will at least be my primary alt. I played a warlock in Classic and loved it. Definitely will want to do that again.

I'm pretty much going to do the exact same thing I did the first time. Warrior main with a warlock alt (not gonna fix something that isn't broken). Although I will probably try a few more classes this time. I originally started playing about a year before BC came out, and by the time I had my warrior and warlock both to 60, BC was out. So I never really got around to playing the Classic WoW version of other classes.

But yeah, SM/Ruin was a ton of fun. Also going to dick around with some other builds this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    Not sure if I'll play that much but when I do it'll definitely be as a lock. I raided as both a lock and a fury warrior in vanilla but I'm expecting there will be lots more of the latter this time round now that everyone knows how powerful they can be.
    Don't lie.
    Warrior was one of the most time consuming classes because of how slow it was to level and how much gold farming it required to buy best in slot pieces.

Warlock was one of the most time consuming classes because of slow leveling, and the fact you spent every night farming soul shards.

And you're gonna sit here and claim you had both? Ok, link a screenshot of your PVP achievment, everyone who played vanilla got a pvp rank, and you should have an achievment "Got grunt at level 60" I mean if you had the time and energy to level 2 of the slowest leveling classes in 2 years, i'm sure you also had lots of time to do pvp too.
    Oh let me guess, "I don't have the account anymore"

90% of people who say they played Vanilla didn't
    90% of people who say they played Vanilla, mean a private server

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Don't lie.
    Warrior was one of the most time consuming classes because of how slow it was to level and how much gold farming it required to buy best in slot pieces.

Warlock was one of the most time consuming classes because of slow leveling, and the fact you spent every night farming soul shards.

And you're gonna sit here and claim you had both? Ok, link a screenshot of your PVP achievment, everyone who played vanilla got a pvp rank, and you should have an achievment "Got grunt at level 60" I mean if you had the time and energy to level 2 of the slowest leveling classes in 2 years, i'm sure you also had lots of time to do pvp too.

This is such an odd thing to be so aggressive about. I rarely played PvP but I do have some ranks.
    Here's my lock from Vanilla:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ayer-vs-player

My old Warrior:

And my Monk, who is currently mogged wielding the Servo Arms the warrior got from Naxx:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ight/carradine

I'll play a Warlock and a Druid - not sure which one to main, though.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "considering those things remove need for food and drink"
    yeah no, that is not true at all.

healthstone cost as much mana as hp, and lifetap the same.
    so while you could spend that mana ahead of time and use layer, it meant you got that advantage only when your going traveling, and your mana regens, but between combat over a long duration you will still need to drink and eat.
    Must disagree. I have played lock since day one. If you master your rotation and min max it for best HP vs MANA ratio with smart usage of drain life, you literally never had to use food.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajko View Post
    Must disagree. I have played lock since day one. If you master your rotation and min max it for best HP vs MANA ratio with smart usage of drain life, you literally never had to use food.
    "Smart usage of drain life"

Oh yeah, if you take leveling slow and literally just kill things slowly of course you won't have to worry about food and mana...

You can dot up stuff then just wand it to death, you will never have to worry of food and mana. But it will take along time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    This is such an odd thing to be so aggressive about. I rarely played PvP but I do have some ranks.
    Here's my lock from Vanilla:

My old Warrior:

And my Monk, who is currently mogged wielding the Servo Arms the warrior got from Naxx:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ight/carradine
    You could have literally just made your warrior and then the other two years later and this would look the same... These links don't really prove anything BTW. They prove you played before wotlk, and did do nax, but that could a been during TBC. But the seargent ones prove you did get master sergeant during vanilla, when though? Eh.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-07-30 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Oh yeah, if you take leveling slow and literally just kill things slowly of course you won't have to worry about food and mana...

You can dot up stuff then just wand it to death, you will never have to worry of food and mana. But it will take along time.
    not really, i used in game stopwatches and made many calculations, it was MUCH faster version of lvling like "do max dmg then dring"... and yep, you have to be smart to be able to compare things and calculate the best outcome

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajko View Post
    not really, i used in game stopwatches and made many calculations, it was MUCH faster version of lvling like "do max dmg then dring"... and yep, you have to be smart to be able to compare things and calculate the best outcome
    man these calculatons from 15 years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Warlock main, Druid alt for gathering herbs and skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    it's amazing how stupid people think using big words will aid what amounts to their invalid opinion in a vain attempt to appear like a valid concern.

the fucking "updated" models look like shit, the void walker looks like a violet balloon not a black mass from beyond the edge of space.
    Not sure how his words are 'big'. I guess if you are one of these classic fanbois who became illiterate due to prioritizing vanilla over their studies back in the day might find these words 'big'.

He basically says in a very short sentence that he misses the quality of life graphical update from the current WoW. The graphical update brought nothing to the game gameplay wise, hence why it is simply a quality of life upgrade, since that term is used to describe the improvement of an overall experience for the gamers, when used in this context. And that's exactly what the new models did for many players, it improved their overall enjoyment of the game, as their characters looked nicer.

The Voidwalker looks pretty bad though in its newest graphical update. But for every bad model update, there are 10 model updates that look superior to the old models in literally every single way.

- - - Updated - - -

You could have literally just made your warrior and then the other two years later and this would look the same... These links don't really prove anything BTW. They prove you played before wotlk, and did do nax, but that could a been during TBC. But the seargent ones prove you did get master sergeant during vanilla, when though? Eh.
    While the naxx could've been done at level 70 in BC, the other links prove that he got 3 different pvp ranks during vanilla. That means he at least played before the 2.0.1 patch, which in turn means he DID play vanilla. Why would it matter if he played it for 3 months, 6 months or 2 years? He still played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    But for every bad model update, there are 10 model updates that look superior to the old models in literally every single way.
    Sacrilege!

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Don't lie.

Pretty weird post tbh.

I also played Warrior and Warlock in Vanilla btw. Your a bit overdramatic also, Warrior indeed levels quite slowly. Warlock is actually quite fast to level though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock leveling was pretty damn fast the moment you got Siphon Life and even faster with Dark Pact.

At some point at level 40ish you simply did not have downtime at all anymore, just run around and tab dot everything up to 3 levels highers than you and it will just die right there. Whatever little damage you take you will drain back.

Just go full balls to the wall Aff and it's all you need to start pumping already by level 32.

I am really struggling to pick between Warlock and Pally for Classic. But am currently leaning towards Lock atm.