Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Weird. My realm is pretty active, even got 8 new guild members these last 2 weeks.
    probably cuz every other guild disbanded

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    My alliance guild is as active as ever. Still a weekly alt run, no attendance issues, recruitment hasn't been slow, et cetera. BFA & Legion both brought a lot of older members back and a bunch have stayed. I also see loads of people pugging and running M+ keys. From my little bubble of WoW, the game seems to be totally fine.

There is always someone's social group falling apart, and it seems like we get these threads every so often, basically saying "my friends stopped playing, so is the game dead?".
    In all fairness u can't compare alliance and horde, Every Alliance player obviously suffers from Stockholm syndrome, fuck me i tried, i really prefer alliance, i dont wanna be a 2-toed Troll T_T But it was impossible to find people to do high M+ with, it was difficult even pugging low keys +15 etc, raiding guilds were xferring and disbanding left and right cuz of lack of recruitment, so I imagine the rest of you are the stockholm syndrome patients who stayed behind, you aren't as easy to crack as the rest of us, who up and quit, or faction changed to horde

also a monthly drop of 8%+ of ur player base isn't just "someones social group" thats a metric fuckton of social groups, although I might be wrong, maybe the sub count is so low that it isn't anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    legion was dogshit, bfa is legit the continuation of legion
    How so? BFA has none of the things legion did? M+ doesnt exist in BFA, they removed every good part of it and is just a hollow husk of what it was in Legion.

PVP is literally NOTHING like legion even down to the very basics of World PVP.

Raiding is a shit ton easier with a lower skill ceiling, basically got a similar treatment as M+, with more boring and stale rewards to boot, making it Nothing like legion.

The only similarity is WQ's, and who does those anyways?

I guess pokemon and Tmog farming stayed the same too.

guess that makes u a Pokemans and dress farmer if u think its a continuation?

My realm is dead, there is no chatter in trade chat at all. My guild that has raided since Wrath has just myself and 3 other people that log on. Just my own experiences but it’s not looking good for BFA.
    Last edited by Kelsierx; 2019-05-29 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post

- - - Updated - - -

In all fairness u can't compare alliance and horde, Every Alliance player obviously suffers from Stockholm syndrome, fuck me i tried, i really prefer alliance, i dont wanna be a 2-toed Troll T_T But it was impossible to find people to do high M+ with, it was difficult even pugging low keys +15 etc, raiding guilds were xferring and disbanding left and right cuz of lack of recruitment, so I imagine the rest of you are the stockholm syndrome patients who stayed behind, you aren't as easy to crack as the rest of us, who up and quit, or faction changed to horde

also a monthly drop of 8%+ of ur player base isn't just "someones social group" thats a metric fuckton of social groups, although I might be wrong, maybe the sub count is so low that it isn't anymore

- - - Updated - - -

How so? BFA has none of the things legion did? M+ doesnt exist in BFA, they removed every good part of it and is just a hollow husk of what it was in Legion.

Raiding is a shit ton easier with a lower skill ceiling, basically got a similar treatment as M+, with more boring and stale rewards to boot, making it Nothing like legion.

uhhh how is BFA's M+ have nothign legions M+ has? literally nothing has changed other then new affixes and being unable to change gear mid run, wtf you talking about?
    sounds like you have alot of opinions based on 0 fact
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Btw i want to add that, yes, guilds are dying cause raiding is dying, but it's also cause blizz never bothered to develop guild systems. They did in cata i believe and then decided to remove it like the braniacs they are.

SWTOR is an example to follow in that regard. There is a weekly conquest system that is a number of missions you can do, some solo, some in groups to earn points for your conquest. You select a planet to invade (can be zone in wow), and a threshhold, and by hitting it every member that did their minimal contribution gets a weekly reward (in swtor its the main source of materials to craft the best augment, wich you can think of as gems).

On top of that, guilds have stronghold bases and a spaceship, with wich you can select perks to use for the week (these are consumables, not fire and forget), wich range from getting special conquest mission, to experience buffs, damage buffs in raids or dungeons, a random proc that will do extra damage out in the world etc. It also has guild levels (wich you earn through the conquest system) and these rooms on the spaceship need to be unlocked.
    To top it off, you can design an emblem and if you are the guild that built the most conquest in that zone, your guild name and emblem shows up saying your guild controls that zone. Could grant acess to special npc's.

AKA WoW devs need to stop slacking and working on more of the same and rather worry about how to keep players engaged with more than just gear.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-05-29 at 04:38 AM.

a monthly drop of 8%+ of ur player base
    Gonna need a source on that. As far as I'm aware, Blizzard doesn't release subscription numbers anymore. You'd also need to define "high M+". My group regularly does 16-18s, and our lowest clear this season is a 16 KR and SotS. I suppose if you're pushing the absolutely highest keys and raids, yeah you'll need to be Horde. I still get Cutting Edge and place in the top 5 tanks on my realm for M+ (fighting for #1 of my class). It's kind of rude to suggest that anyone not playing the game like you is suffering from a severe mental disorder though.
    "Okay, Robin. Together, we're gonna punch these guys so hard, words describing the impact are gonna spontaneously materialize out of thin air."
    - Lego Batman

i actually thought this was going to be a troll post just because i couldn't believe someone is just now noticing how bad bfa is and that people are quitting retail... yes, the game is in a terrible state and has been for the entire expansion pretty much. they have some major work to do with class design and the game in general before people will be willing to give it another shot, fortunately they have bought themselves a good chunk of time with classic coming out soon, because it will carry wow and their sub numbers for at least a year. hopefully they use that free year or more wisely.

My guilds still going strong. The guild I was in during legion was died by now and went from 30 or so people to just me online.

Definitely less guilds are playing, at least from data shown on wowprogress. 39k at 63% of guilds have killed heroic nythendra but 30k at 68% of guilds have killed heroic taloc.

Though, there is a time difference that may have affected results.

Gonna need a source on that. As far as I'm aware, Blizzard doesn't release subscription numbers anymore. You'd also need to define "high M+". My group regularly does 16-18s, and our lowest clear this season is a 16 KR and SotS. I suppose if you're pushing the absolutely highest keys and raids, yeah you'll need to be Horde. I still get Cutting Edge and place in the top 5 tanks on my realm for M+ (fighting for #1 of my class). It's kind of rude to suggest that anyone not playing the game like you is suffering from a severe mental disorder though.
    Think they're going off the fact that Blizzard as a whole lost about 8% of their user base over the last quarter (not month though)

Stood in the Fire
    I am sorry, but 8.2 won't get People back.

BFA is more filler then expansion. Even when 8.2 hits there is no guarantee that every player will return or maybe just a few. Azshara might be the final raid for BFA, I'd wait close to blizzcon or after. Just because the content will be fresh for you and the wait for the next expansion might not be to far off. Wouldn't surprise me if there already in the works of adding another mount promo for subbing for 6 months. If they do it should be a clear indication of how bad the content drought/wait is gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    BFA is more filler then expansion. Even when 8.2 hits there is no guarantee that every player will return or maybe just a few. Azshara might be the final raid for BFA, I'd wait close to blizzcon or after. Just because the content will be fresh for you and the wait for the next expansion might not be to far off.
    Azshara is NOT the final raid, they have already stated this

Oh look, another "WoW is dying" post on these forums. Incredible. Creative. Innovative. Truly a new wave in shitposting history.

So not to downplay the significance of this but it sounds like you're for guilds are essentially the cesspool gilts of those servers and cesspool guilds do die out especially right now where are the rewards for being a social guild or a cesspool guild is essentially zero it's not really a sense of community just black I mean they're the same guilds that started popping up as soon as gold rewards and guild levels were introduced to the game so I wouldn't take their population has anything meaningful however yes there is a decline in players that is always been the case in periods of no content is BFA worse than normal maybe we don't know we don't have the numbers will it get better well I sure hope so

monthly? i presume you mean quaterly which is over all games, not just wow, so wow may have gone up 100% but another game went down 108% for example.

- - - Updated - - -

1. i think hes talking about how blizzards MAU's across all their games went down 8% over 1 QAUTER not 1 month.
    2. arnt "wow is dying" threads not allowed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Definitely less guilds are playing, at least from data shown on wowprogress. 39k at 63% of guilds have killed heroic nythendra but 30k at 68% of guilds have killed heroic taloc.

Though, there is a time difference that may have affected results.
    wut... taloc is not current content dude...
    but yeah if your going off current info for nythendra, thats like 3 year old content now so yeah more people will have cleared it.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-05-29 at 06:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

from what i see when im doing them thousands of people 24/7

but sure they are not mythic crybabies so they dont count eh ?

because BFA is boring sadly - but classic comes!

I noticed that a few months ago. Before that when I played, I used to get a guild invite without asking before I hit level 5 always on a new character. But last time I was getting closer to level 90 and still no guild invite, and another toon to 80 ish. Shame. The mount speed increase is so good.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Most of the realms I'm on seem to be busy enough but I play pretty much only in prime time U.S. and on weekends. I'm not around more than a few hours a week so my view could be skewed a bit.

Generally, a lot of guilds that are created or recruit around the end of the last expansion or at the start of the current suffer as the expansion moves along. That's been happening since Cataclysm so I don't see this as singular or rare. It's how things work over the last bunch of years.

It's a problem for the game in some ways but I also believe that there's a very sizable group of players who are totally invisible to people who post here. They play only with friends, they go without guilds and largely keep to themselves. That helps to explain why the start of expansions do very well which is not really arguable. The game isn't dying or anything but guilds have never recovered from the blow that they took with the perk system and the eventual near-destruction of the purely social guild.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

“Music always has been, since ancient times, at least, something very close to rational thinking and to mathematics”- Iannis Xenakis