Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My alliance guild is as active as ever. Still a weekly alt run, no attendance issues, recruitment hasn't been slow, et cetera. BFA & Legion both brought a lot of older members back and a bunch have stayed. I also see loads of people pugging and running M+ keys. From my little bubble of WoW, the game seems to be totally fine.

There is always someone's social group falling apart, and it seems like we get these threads every so often, basically saying "my friends stopped playing, so is the game dead?".
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

My guild just called the tier tonight due to attendance issues. Everybody is burnt out on this patch and waiting for 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Isn't that a weird feeling?? I got that same feeling too. It feels like we're on the last patch of the expansion.

Don't know really how to explain it.
    Its because BFA is a third year of Legion.

You farmed your Artifact Power, aka AP for your weapons.

Now you are farming your Azerite Power for your neck.

You log on and do dailies in form of WQs, it was a new system in Legion, its stale in BFA cause its been 3 years already.

You do M+ and you Raid, problem is they barely changed the afixes in M+, so 3rd year of Legion overall feeling.

Raiding is raiding, its always the same.

BFA feels boring because its a literal continuum of Legion with 0 core changes.

And i am talking core changes, not the irrelevant bullshit every random on here sprouts about abilities and all that jazz, some were removed, some became talents, some became traits.

They should have changed WQs to be less of a daily and more of a bi-daily or weekly, a more fun longer thing like the invasions but with bigger events, instead of 100 irrelevant ones for the 3rd year.

They should have changed all the M+ affixes, ideas are there, they just didnt.

Every other expansion, bad or not, they changed things or generally there were some things to do that felt different in the first months of the expansion, gave them time to save it with X.1 patch.

In BFA, they copy/pasted Legion core mechanics, cause it was successful without taking in mind that "What if they get bored because its exactly the same?"

Its a 15 year old game, people still playing even if they started at Cata, have been playing for close to 10 years in the majority, they need to refresh the game or this happens.

They didnt refresh, people complain.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-05-29 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

Yes it is, and you just bumped it
    Damn, I think you are right.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Is this a 'Wow is dying' thread?
    Nope. It's a BfA is dying thread.

Levion was great, and the healthiest WoW had been since Wrath. During Legion the cities were jamming with millions of players, all Guilds had a 100+ players on every night. Legion was the best WoW had been in years.

BfA is the exact opposite, just pure shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post

Levion was great, and the healthiest WoW had been since Wrath. During Legion the cities were jamming with millions of players, all Guilds had a 100+ players on every night. Legion was the hest WoW had been in years.

BfA is the exact opposite
    legion was dogshit, bfa is legit the continuation of legion

I am really annoyed at how Blizzard isn't merging servers. Or connect or whatever.

But the reason why this is happening is cause raiding is unrewarding atm. So, there really is no reason to bother after you've had your kills.

Levion was great, and the healthiest WoW had been since Wrath. During Legion the cities were jamming with millions of players, all Guilds had a 100+ players on every night. Legion was the best WoW had been in years.

BfA is the exact opposite, just pure shit.
    You are adorable btw.

I will let my guild of averagely 15-20 people that we were 100+ players on every night in Legion, no wonder we never went Mythic from HC farming, cause we couldnt decide who to take.

We also had 3000 sit outs every HC raid because there were so many million players we didnt know what to do with them.

So i am guessing the fact that the guild i joined that had averagely 40-50 active players, that after the 4th month of Legion and Christmas, 45 of them unsubbed and havent logged on in 3 years, its because of BFA, right, i am guessing they were all prophets and knew things about WoW, 3 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The game is undoubtedly losing a lot of people I dare say. I sub every other month or so it seems to try and force myself to play (I really want to love wow again don't judge me), but a lot of times when I go to look for a group in LFG I notice that a lot of times there are just not that many groups. Hell a couple times now I have tried to see what legacy raids are being ran and the list is 1-3 deep PRIME TIME.

Even I have to admit the game does seem less...populated as of late.
    Its the drought before the patch, its the usual "Why do anything, in less than a month i am gonna farm new things".

Even so, at certain times, the game has a ton of people playing, but since after that everyone is waiting for the patch, they dont force themselves to play more than they should.

So you can literally see, like i can sit at the Inn at the Docks, and watch tons of players Hearthstoning and logging out at the usual "End of raid" times.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I mean yea fair enough, I can't speak to the population in game thanks to dumbass sharding making every major city look half-deserted all the time. And I never really ran legacy stuff until BFA so idk if only seeing 1-2 active groups is normal during these 'droughts', but it just feels wrong in a multi-million sub game.
    Well, lets say it this way.

When everyone was claiming "BFA is dead, everyone unsubbed, fixes suck, BoD sucks" around February, you could find a very large number of groups even at 3am (Couldnt sleep ) trying to raid/M+, and i am talking a very large number, and only the ones i could see.

Now, it does feel less, thats obvious.

But the number is still rather high.

People just havent played dead MMOs, where its "Reset day" and "Peak times" and the server, not some City because of sharding, has less than 100-200 people online.

As i said before, BFA is a 3rd year of Legion, of course people will get bored of it.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-05-29 at 01:58 AM.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not returning for 8.2. It fixes none of the fundamental problems I have with BFA, it kinda-sorta-but-not-really improves Azerite but adds an additional grind on top. I'm waiting for news on 9.0 before I decide if I'm coming back or not, and whether they've actually learned anything from BFA or if they're happy with it, as their interviews seem to imply.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing WoW since launch, and over the years, there have been droughts, and low population times in between expansions, but right now it seems pretty bad from my little sample size.

I play on two different full population servers, Zul'Jin and Daralan, and have both Horde and Alliance characters on both servers, and I am in four very large Guilds. Horde and Alliance Guild's on each server.

- First off both BfA Faction cities on each server I'm on, lately seem very less populated, like extremely quiet the past month.

- And the Guild's I am in. At BfA launch all four Guilds were packed with players, always like 30+ players on a weeknight, everyday. Lately only 1 or 2 players, or just me. And I've been in all these Guilds since Legion, and even during Legion's slow times, there were at least a dozen or so people on usually. But now these Guild's feel like ghost towns. Which is strange as I've been in them for 3+ years, and they've always had a healthy player base on.

- When does 8.2 come out? Seems this game needs an injection to get players back A.S.A.P.

today on my server, and we had a big war all on my side from my server.
    every day there is easily 20-30 people in boralus off and on warmode, even in the middle of the night.
    maybe your just
    A. on a dead server
    B. not getting on at your servers prime time.

but yeah 8.2 needs to come soon, and i had hoped next week but doedsent seem like it now... maybe the week after.. i hope

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    I still see a lot of people but not the big guilds out anymore. This isn't a big deal per say but i'm on a RP realm and most of the big guilds are the source for that, I know a lot of the NE guilds have basically retired with tentative returns if things get sorted out especially vis a vie a new capital. I know it's only a subset of both guilds, and the server population but as I write for 3 of the big ones I can say its about an 80% drop. That being said again RP server so the story is more important I would wager quite a few horde guilds are seeing similar malaise.
    idk what server your on but MG still is packed, the big guilds still full and running

- - - Updated - - -

Even /2 trade chat is quiet on both servers. Usually it's a nonstop scrolling of comments, but even now, I'll sit in the city, and wait to see trade chat talk, and there's periods of no chat for 30 seconds to a minute at a time, which is unheard of.

And just looking around the two new Faction BfA cities, there are absolutely less players running around compared to just a few months ago right after 8.1.5
    sounds like your not loggign on at peak times, and instead at playing at like 5 am

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    My guild just called the tier tonight due to attendance issues. Everybody is burnt out on this patch and waiting for 8.2.
    yeah issue is if crucible of storms was easier, or longer it would be easier to keep going, but its only 2 bosses, and its so fucking hard no one runs it...

that is the issue i find, we are fine on time its only been 70 days since the last raid, but the issue is that raid was 2 insanely hard bosses...
    so we are still just doign dazar instead. we are having abit of trouble but still going, and i have wanted to stop raiding till 8.2 for a month now, but we are getting close so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Ion is a brain-dead scum whose only motivation is to try to keep players logged on through tedious grind systems like the azerite BS instead of creating actual and fun content. See where that landed him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Pvp only players are the only ones not getting much. While you might not be interested in the content there is a lot of it. The raid is a small part of that patch, it is odd it is all you focused on.
    what? pvp players getting a ton man
    tons of pvp only essence
    new areana
    a whole new pvp zone mechanic!
    with currency mounts ands gear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Ion is a brain-dead scum whose only motivation is to try to keep players logged on through tedious grind systems like the azerite BS instead of creating actual and fun content. See where that landed him.
    i mean he plays the game too, so why would he design a bad game for him to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Weird. My realm is pretty active, even got 8 new guild members these last 2 weeks.
    probably cuz every other guild disbanded

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    My alliance guild is as active as ever. Still a weekly alt run, no attendance issues, recruitment hasn't been slow, et cetera. BFA & Legion both brought a lot of older members back and a bunch have stayed. I also see loads of people pugging and running M+ keys. From my little bubble of WoW, the game seems to be totally fine.

There is always someone's social group falling apart, and it seems like we get these threads every so often, basically saying "my friends stopped playing, so is the game dead?".
    In all fairness u can't compare alliance and horde, Every Alliance player obviously suffers from Stockholm syndrome, fuck me i tried, i really prefer alliance, i dont wanna be a 2-toed Troll T_T But it was impossible to find people to do high M+ with, it was difficult even pugging low keys +15 etc, raiding guilds were xferring and disbanding left and right cuz of lack of recruitment, so I imagine the rest of you are the stockholm syndrome patients who stayed behind, you aren't as easy to crack as the rest of us, who up and quit, or faction changed to horde

also a monthly drop of 8%+ of ur player base isn't just "someones social group" thats a metric fuckton of social groups, although I might be wrong, maybe the sub count is so low that it isn't anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    legion was dogshit, bfa is legit the continuation of legion
    How so? BFA has none of the things legion did? M+ doesnt exist in BFA, they removed every good part of it and is just a hollow husk of what it was in Legion.

PVP is literally NOTHING like legion even down to the very basics of World PVP.

Raiding is a shit ton easier with a lower skill ceiling, basically got a similar treatment as M+, with more boring and stale rewards to boot, making it Nothing like legion.

The only similarity is WQ's, and who does those anyways?

I guess pokemon and Tmog farming stayed the same too.

guess that makes u a Pokemans and dress farmer if u think its a continuation?

My realm is dead, there is no chatter in trade chat at all. My guild that has raided since Wrath has just myself and 3 other people that log on. Just my own experiences but it’s not looking good for BFA.
    Last edited by Kelsierx; 2019-05-29 at 04:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    probably cuz every other guild disbanded

- - - Updated - - -

In all fairness u can't compare alliance and horde, Every Alliance player obviously suffers from Stockholm syndrome, fuck me i tried, i really prefer alliance, i dont wanna be a 2-toed Troll T_T But it was impossible to find people to do high M+ with, it was difficult even pugging low keys +15 etc, raiding guilds were xferring and disbanding left and right cuz of lack of recruitment, so I imagine the rest of you are the stockholm syndrome patients who stayed behind, you aren't as easy to crack as the rest of us, who up and quit, or faction changed to horde

also a monthly drop of 8%+ of ur player base isn't just "someones social group" thats a metric fuckton of social groups, although I might be wrong, maybe the sub count is so low that it isn't anymore

- - - Updated - - -

How so? BFA has none of the things legion did? M+ doesnt exist in BFA, they removed every good part of it and is just a hollow husk of what it was in Legion.

PVP is literally NOTHING like legion even down to the very basics of World PVP.

Raiding is a shit ton easier with a lower skill ceiling, basically got a similar treatment as M+, with more boring and stale rewards to boot, making it Nothing like legion.

The only similarity is WQ's, and who does those anyways?

I guess pokemon and Tmog farming stayed the same too.

guess that makes u a Pokemans and dress farmer if u think its a continuation?
    uhhh how is BFA's M+ have nothign legions M+ has? literally nothing has changed other then new affixes and being unable to change gear mid run, wtf you talking about?
    sounds like you have alot of opinions based on 0 fact

Btw i want to add that, yes, guilds are dying cause raiding is dying, but it's also cause blizz never bothered to develop guild systems. They did in cata i believe and then decided to remove it like the braniacs they are.

SWTOR is an example to follow in that regard. There is a weekly conquest system that is a number of missions you can do, some solo, some in groups to earn points for your conquest. You select a planet to invade (can be zone in wow), and a threshhold, and by hitting it every member that did their minimal contribution gets a weekly reward (in swtor its the main source of materials to craft the best augment, wich you can think of as gems).

On top of that, guilds have stronghold bases and a spaceship, with wich you can select perks to use for the week (these are consumables, not fire and forget), wich range from getting special conquest mission, to experience buffs, damage buffs in raids or dungeons, a random proc that will do extra damage out in the world etc. It also has guild levels (wich you earn through the conquest system) and these rooms on the spaceship need to be unlocked.
    To top it off, you can design an emblem and if you are the guild that built the most conquest in that zone, your guild name and emblem shows up saying your guild controls that zone. Could grant acess to special npc's.

AKA WoW devs need to stop slacking and working on more of the same and rather worry about how to keep players engaged with more than just gear.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-05-29 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    a monthly drop of 8%+ of ur player base
    Gonna need a source on that. As far as I'm aware, Blizzard doesn't release subscription numbers anymore. You'd also need to define "high M+". My group regularly does 16-18s, and our lowest clear this season is a 16 KR and SotS. I suppose if you're pushing the absolutely highest keys and raids, yeah you'll need to be Horde. I still get Cutting Edge and place in the top 5 tanks on my realm for M+ (fighting for #1 of my class). It's kind of rude to suggest that anyone not playing the game like you is suffering from a severe mental disorder though.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

i actually thought this was going to be a troll post just because i couldn't believe someone is just now noticing how bad bfa is and that people are quitting retail... yes, the game is in a terrible state and has been for the entire expansion pretty much. they have some major work to do with class design and the game in general before people will be willing to give it another shot, fortunately they have bought themselves a good chunk of time with classic coming out soon, because it will carry wow and their sub numbers for at least a year. hopefully they use that free year or more wisely.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My guilds still going strong. The guild I was in during legion was died by now and went from 30 or so people to just me online.