Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Definitely less guilds are playing, at least from data shown on wowprogress. 39k at 63% of guilds have killed heroic nythendra but 30k at 68% of guilds have killed heroic taloc.

Though, there is a time difference that may have affected results.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Gonna need a source on that. As far as I'm aware, Blizzard doesn't release subscription numbers anymore. You'd also need to define "high M+". My group regularly does 16-18s, and our lowest clear this season is a 16 KR and SotS. I suppose if you're pushing the absolutely highest keys and raids, yeah you'll need to be Horde. I still get Cutting Edge and place in the top 5 tanks on my realm for M+ (fighting for #1 of my class). It's kind of rude to suggest that anyone not playing the game like you is suffering from a severe mental disorder though.
    Think they're going off the fact that Blizzard as a whole lost about 8% of their user base over the last quarter (not month though)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry, but 8.2 won't get People back.

BFA is more filler then expansion. Even when 8.2 hits there is no guarantee that every player will return or maybe just a few. Azshara might be the final raid for BFA, I'd wait close to blizzcon or after. Just because the content will be fresh for you and the wait for the next expansion might not be to far off. Wouldn't surprise me if there already in the works of adding another mount promo for subbing for 6 months. If they do it should be a clear indication of how bad the content drought/wait is gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    BFA is more filler then expansion. Even when 8.2 hits there is no guarantee that every player will return or maybe just a few. Azshara might be the final raid for BFA, I'd wait close to blizzcon or after. Just because the content will be fresh for you and the wait for the next expansion might not be to far off.
    Azshara is NOT the final raid, they have already stated this

Oh look, another "WoW is dying" post on these forums. Incredible. Creative. Innovative. Truly a new wave in shitposting history.

So not to downplay the significance of this but it sounds like you're for guilds are essentially the cesspool gilts of those servers and cesspool guilds do die out especially right now where are the rewards for being a social guild or a cesspool guild is essentially zero it's not really a sense of community just black I mean they're the same guilds that started popping up as soon as gold rewards and guild levels were introduced to the game so I wouldn't take their population has anything meaningful however yes there is a decline in players that is always been the case in periods of no content is BFA worse than normal maybe we don't know we don't have the numbers will it get better well I sure hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    also a monthly drop of 8%+ of ur player base isn't just "someones social group" thats a metric fuckton of social groups, although I might be wrong, maybe the sub count is so low that it isn't anymore
    monthly? i presume you mean quaterly which is over all games, not just wow, so wow may have gone up 100% but another game went down 108% for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Gonna need a source on that. As far as I'm aware, Blizzard doesn't release subscription numbers anymore. You'd also need to define "high M+". My group regularly does 16-18s, and our lowest clear this season is a 16 KR and SotS. I suppose if you're pushing the absolutely highest keys and raids, yeah you'll need to be Horde. I still get Cutting Edge and place in the top 5 tanks on my realm for M+ (fighting for #1 of my class). It's kind of rude to suggest that anyone not playing the game like you is suffering from a severe mental disorder though.
    1. i think hes talking about how blizzards MAU's across all their games went down 8% over 1 QAUTER not 1 month.
    2. arnt "wow is dying" threads not allowed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Definitely less guilds are playing, at least from data shown on wowprogress. 39k at 63% of guilds have killed heroic nythendra but 30k at 68% of guilds have killed heroic taloc.

Though, there is a time difference that may have affected results.
    wut... taloc is not current content dude...
    but yeah if your going off current info for nythendra, thats like 3 year old content now so yeah more people will have cleared it.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-05-29 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    probably cuz every other guild disbanded

- - - Updated - - -

In all fairness u can't compare alliance and horde, Every Alliance player obviously suffers from Stockholm syndrome, fuck me i tried, i really prefer alliance, i dont wanna be a 2-toed Troll T_T But it was impossible to find people to do high M+ with, it was difficult even pugging low keys +15 etc, raiding guilds were xferring and disbanding left and right cuz of lack of recruitment, so I imagine the rest of you are the stockholm syndrome patients who stayed behind, you aren't as easy to crack as the rest of us, who up and quit, or faction changed to horde

also a monthly drop of 8%+ of ur player base isn't just "someones social group" thats a metric fuckton of social groups, although I might be wrong, maybe the sub count is so low that it isn't anymore

- - - Updated - - -

How so? BFA has none of the things legion did? M+ doesnt exist in BFA, they removed every good part of it and is just a hollow husk of what it was in Legion.

PVP is literally NOTHING like legion even down to the very basics of World PVP.

Raiding is a shit ton easier with a lower skill ceiling, basically got a similar treatment as M+, with more boring and stale rewards to boot, making it Nothing like legion.

The only similarity is WQ's, and who does those anyways?

I guess pokemon and Tmog farming stayed the same too.

guess that makes u a Pokemans and dress farmer if u think its a continuation?
    from what i see when im doing them thousands of people 24/7

but sure they are not mythic crybabies so they dont count eh ?

because BFA is boring sadly - but classic comes!

15+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that a few months ago. Before that when I played, I used to get a guild invite without asking before I hit level 5 always on a new character. But last time I was getting closer to level 90 and still no guild invite, and another toon to 80 ish. Shame. The mount speed increase is so good.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the realms I'm on seem to be busy enough but I play pretty much only in prime time U.S. and on weekends. I'm not around more than a few hours a week so my view could be skewed a bit.

Generally, a lot of guilds that are created or recruit around the end of the last expansion or at the start of the current suffer as the expansion moves along. That's been happening since Cataclysm so I don't see this as singular or rare. It's how things work over the last bunch of years.

It's a problem for the game in some ways but I also believe that there's a very sizable group of players who are totally invisible to people who post here. They play only with friends, they go without guilds and largely keep to themselves. That helps to explain why the start of expansions do very well which is not really arguable. The game isn't dying or anything but guilds have never recovered from the blow that they took with the perk system and the eventual near-destruction of the purely social guild.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    I've never been a downer about content droughts, except at the tail end of the REALLY bad ones like post-Siege of Orgrimmar. I still find there are things to do in the game like level up my alts and collect pets, etc.

However, I do think that something's different this time. My guild is fairly large on my server, and always has its ups and downs, but other than during regular raids, I've noticed we never now have more than a small handful of people (5-7) on at any given time. That was NEVER the case in years past... even slow times usually had about 8-10 folks on, including weekends. I logged in this past Sunday morning around 9am server time and I was the only guildie on.
    yeah same. our guild is a pretty big danish guild - we always had people dropping in and out etc. (of being active, not the guild). But this time around, its something different.. we are 4 officers and a GM as the only "active" - and when I mean active, we log in ONLY to keep our guild breathing and we are barely making that happen. Tomorrows raid have 4 signed up, and thats 3 officers and a gm... Normally for a fresh raid we would have 15-20+ signups... I am going on Vacation this saturday for a week - I am 100% sure I will come back to a guild on the brink of death - at the very least a guild were we announce "We are on a break till 8.2".

I dont know what to do or think... I have been very "pro" BFA - I like most of it, but I cant defend it any longer... its sad, what happened to our WoW??????

Classic is my one and only saviour now tbh.

When they terminated masterloot and made mythic 20man, Mythic raiding started to die faster than ever. People who do not raid mythic doesn't need guilds and this is what you see nowdays.

Bunch of guilds with 1~5 players online because why commit to mythic and a Mythic raiding guild when the incentive to M raid is so low. From the GM or officer PoV this expac only made things worse and not worth the drama sometimes. From a normal player PoV, just do some M+ and HC raiding and look for Titanforgeds. As for population, BfA for sure has less people than Legion. MUCH less.
    Thanks for the heads up!

The usual, really. Every time there isn't much to do more of the larger guilds break down and the remaining players cluster to the large servers. That in turn causes even more of the guilds to break down because they can't replace missing people anymore. This spiral has been going on for years now.

every expansion less people playing according to these forums.

Personally i dont know of a single guild that "died" this expansion. The cities/world feels as full as always. Game is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always considered the downtime during expansions normal, but this time I think it is much worse for a simple reason: I unsubbed. It never happened during WoD and Cata even if they were horribly trainwrecks, and it happened now. I also barely feel nostalgia about the game. Maybe also because my race, dwarven, is being mostly represented by a neutral dude made out of diamond, and even if you roll dark iron, Shadowforge is just a lazy copy & paste with all doors closed.

I think one could compare WoW to the Shadow of War series since they share a lot of similarities.

Both Shadow of Mordor and Legion offered interesting new mechanics, fresh and engaging content, and an okay plot to tie it together.

BfA/Shadow of War both have stale mechanics with nothing added, maybe even worse than the base thing, terrible grindy systems, no clear direction and a story that contradicts itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Oh look, another "WoW is dying" post on these forums. Incredible. Creative. Innovative. Truly a new wave in shitposting history.
    People discuss in these terms because they are passionate about a game they can't really recognize anymore. Where can we talk about it if not on game forums? The day you don't see these threads anymore is the day people won't even care enough to start them, that's when you should worry.
    Also, at least this is a thread about WoW, and not one of those shit ones that plague the forum about pointless stuff America does.

It will be fun to log into retail when classic is launched. Like 2 people per server online.

this happens every expansion
    a bunch of people get bored very fast when they get stuck on content
    a couple of people play so much that they clear everything in a few weeks and don't see a challenge anymore (this is a very small amount)
    a bunch of people only plays wow for a few weeks and then stops playing until new content comes out

i see it in my own guild too, mostly the social people that stick around for a few weeks of raiding and then stop playing again. they always come back. our raiders tend to stick to wow more because they like raiding and m+ and of course the social aspect
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow