Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Elemental Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    8,210
    Quote Originally Posted by tyranade View Post
    For me, WoW died with that 4.2 patch. I loved the beginning of Cataclysm as a Shaman healer. I remember TB at that time and stopped playing when he did.
    Skipped Pandaria and WoD, came back to Legion but was appalled at the state of the classes, rng etc etc . Left for good after 3 months of BfA. It's really sad he's gone. He was a part of the early years and I remember him fondly.
    That is an odd patch to claim WoW is death.
    Most people said WoW died before cataclysm even came out. But i guess 4.2 is a nice patch. 4.3 was one of the worst patches in WoW history though.
    Also horrible that you skipped MoP, MoP was the last great expansion that felt WoW alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    The point is that objectively speaking, you didn't need to get BiS pre-raid gear. Just because some raider leaders would require it or some people "did it just because" of their own free will did not ever make it mandatory to do, just subjective.

    But yeah wow I'm a "troll". Ignored.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm getting a fucking stroke from trying to read your posts so I'm just going to end this by saying: You're wrong. You're trying to argue subjective experience vs. objective situation. This argument is fucking stupid and I'm not responding to it anymore.
    Sure, subjective. Link your armory.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Quoting these posts for additional emphasis.
    These arguments by retailers are so monotonous. It amounts to, essentially: "who cares if 90% of the content is a trivialised plays-itself loot pinata, just do this portion of the content that is much harder." What if people don't want to get into that portion of content? What if they were happy with the parts of the game that had hitherto provided them the desired level of satisfaction and difficulty? Is it so hard to imagine that someone would rather quit the game than stick around hoping for the best, when seeing an undeniable trend towards this direction?

    TB got out at the right time, he could see where things were going. It's a real shame he won't be around to enjoy Classic.

  4. #164
    He repeated the "Wrath ruined people by making them want easy content" canard. This is bullshit, but hardcores like it because it lets them cling to the ridiculous idea that keeping the game difficult could have worked.

    No, people were quitting over difficult or inaccessible content from day 1. Blizzard was pulled, kicking and screaming, into providing easier content because there was never any other realistic option.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    These arguments by retailers are so monotonous. It amounts to, essentially: "who cares if 90% of the content is a trivialised plays-itself loot pinata, just do this portion of the content that is much harder." What if people don't want to get into that portion of content?
    Blizzard was too cowardly to do what they should have done: thrown those players who demanded hard content under the bus. Catering to players like that has been the central mistake they've made.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    Q: Why was the anti-vaxxer's 4 year old child crying? A: Midlife crisis.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    He was as flawed as anyone of us, but he entertained and inspired a lot of people. I remember back in Cata I always couldn't wait for the new episode of Azeroth Daily.

    The WoW devs embarrassed themselves greatly when they didn't acknowledge his contributions to the WoW community last year after his passing. These idiot cucks..

    RIP TB, might you find peace in heaven.
    imagine unironically using cucks as an insult. and also I've never told anyone to get cancer and die, and i don't tell people to kill themselves either. Maybe that's how YOU act but don't speak for everyone.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    The point is that objectively speaking, you didn't need to get BiS pre-raid gear. Just because some raider leaders would require it or some people "did it just because" of their own free will did not ever make it mandatory to do, just subjective.

    But yeah wow I'm a "troll". Ignored.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm getting a fucking stroke from trying to read your posts so I'm just going to end this by saying: You're wrong. You're trying to argue subjective experience vs. objective situation. This argument is fucking stupid and I'm not responding to it anymore.
    Is English not your first language then? Something is stopping you from making decisive rebuttals, but you have that covered. "Ignored."

    "You're wrong and that's the end."

    "Argument is stupid and I'm not replying to it anymore."

    Oh well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    imagine unironically using cucks as an insult. and also I've never told anyone to get cancer and die, and i don't tell people to kill themselves either. Maybe that's how YOU act but don't speak for everyone.
    What's wrong with using cucks as an insult? I personally don't find it to be a very hefty insult, but insults are based on perspective. Also, I don't think at any point in that quote did he attempt to speak for everyone.

    Sounds like you got offended about something that wasn't involving you, and felt the need to step in and let everyone know you were offended and that's just NOT OK.

    "Maybe you should kill yourself by getting cancer and dying you cuck."

    Imagine that unironically.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    That is an odd patch to claim WoW is death.
    Most people said WoW died before cataclysm even came out. But i guess 4.2 is a nice patch. 4.3 was one of the worst patches in WoW history though.
    Also horrible that you skipped MoP, MoP was the last great expansion that felt WoW alike.
    Patch 4.2 was the one patch with heavy nerfs after all the complaining from players. I enjoyed the harder content so I was really disappointed. Please tell me what was so bad about 4.3?
    I didn’t like MoP. I din’t find it WoW like at all with all the mini games and forced Chinese market appeal. Also MoP was the expansion where sharding was introduced.
    Last edited by tyranade; 2019-06-04 at 05:20 PM.

  8. #168
    Brewmaster smityx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I'd say someone laced your pot, try a new Dispensary.
    Hell no. If what he's smoking can make anything Bliz puts out be the best then it's the good stuff if you really want to play/enjoy WoW.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boy Kirk View Post
    I'd call telling people to "get cancer and die" and also supporting harassment of women horrible. But you do you.
    Wonder what people can dig up about your past. But I'm sure you're a saint so you shouldn't worry.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •