Thread: Traveling alone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    people who travel alone to thailand tend to visit places different from normal tourists. i travel there all the time and i'm pretty sure i know what he wants to accomplish.
    Wow, all the time? Such a globetrotter. I live and work there most of the year.

But if you're insinuating that it's "that" kind of stuff he's after he'll be fine in any case and getting a damn bodyguard is ridiculous beyond reason. Even the seedy parts of Bangkok or Pattaya are safe enough that you can go there alone. He won't actually be alone either becuase there is litteraly millions of turists passing through there every year.

Unless he's actually doing drugs or something that the police is targeting then he'll be just fine. Spent a week in Copenhagen just a few weeks back en I litteraly saw more brawls and drunk people getting into trouble then I did in the the last 8 month in Bangkok and Korat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Wow, all the time? Such a globetrotter. I live and work there most of the year.

But if you're insinuating that it's "that" kind of stuff he's after he'll be fine in any case and getting a damn bodyguard is ridiculous beyond reason. Even the seedy parts of Bangkok or Pattaya are safe enough that you can go there alone. He won't actually be alone either becuase there is litteraly millions of turists passing through there every year.

Unless he's actually doing drugs or something that the police is targeting then he'll be just fine. Spent a week in Copenhagen just a few weeks back en I litteraly saw more brawls and drunk people getting into trouble then I did in the the last 8 month in Bangkok and Korat.
    What did you do in Korat of all places?

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    What did you do in Korat of all places?
    Work related mostly. Been a few trips.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Aggrophobic OK, Korat pushed buttons for me. I have to ask an amazingly stupid question. I would imagine street cats would be a rougher crowd than show cats, but cats from Thai roots are some of my very favorites, right after Maine Coons. Are any of the street cats or visible house cats still like the modern Thai

and Korat
    cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos
    Not every guy going to Thailand is a pervert. Now if he was a single, middle aged Westerner going to Pattaya or Phuket, I'd probably think the same though.
    At my age? Yeah, I can imagine the reaction I'd get:
    Me: "No, really! I went to Thailand by myself to see literal felines! It isn't what you think!"
    Commenters: "Sure, guy, whatever you say. <under breath> Jebus, not even an ordinary pervert, he's a furry."
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    @Aggrophobic OK, Korat pushed buttons for me. I have to ask an amazingly stupid question. I would imagine street cats would be a rougher crowd than show cats, but cats from Thai roots are some of my very favorites, right after Maine Coons. Are any of the street cats or visible house cats still like the modern Thai

and Korat
    cats?

Me: "No, really! I went to Thailand by myself to see literal felines! It isn't what you think!"
    Commenters: "Sure, guy, whatever you say. <under breath> Jebus, not even an ordinary pervert, he's a furry."
    I'd generally not think it unless the guy had a hawaiian shirt and spent all his time in phuket or pattaya. You know the type, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post

and Korat
    cats?

I'm no expert on cats. Thai street cats tend to be slimer than the ones we had around in Sweden. I grew up in the countryside though. Might be diffrent. I googled a bit and I guess, maybe? I'm not the right person to answer that question though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh! Besides the toilet paper, try to break 1000 baht bills in a Tesco or 7-Eleven or something, and learn basic counting.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I like both traveling alone and with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Everyone will assume you are a sex tourist if you travel alone to Thailand haha. Feelsbadman.
    I mean why else would you go to Thailand alone?

I went through New Zealand by myself, it was great. Being nervous is normal, as well as getting stressed. It won't make the experience any less great, if anything it makes it greater, because you did it all. It's very rewarding, and you learn a lot about yourself and others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Everyone will assume you are a sex tourist if you travel alone to Thailand haha. Feelsbadman.
    Is sex better in Thailand?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's your first time going to Thailand. Don't go alone. Or hire a bodyguard to go with you. they are cheap as hell.
    Na, he should hire a personal assassin!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Is sex better in Thailand?
    Yep, have you not seen dem ladyboys

Always. the girls there are kinky AF, and the guys are girlier than girls.
    I didn't care much for that aspect of Thailand. I knew almost nothing about the country other than some bad things, when my gf took me there. She joked about ditching me in Pattaya. Then she told me about the kathoey, which for me, in 2005, was a pretty alien concept.

In retrospect, that relationship had issues from the start, not just at the end. Probably why I'm just not interested in Thailand anymore. I was only willing to go because I was dating a Thai girl. In general, I'm not terribly interested in going back to Asia, except maybe to visit some old school friends who live in Japan now.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the answers lol, i'm going there for training for the most part and will probably spend most of my time with other tourists also training in combat sports.

Definitely also venturing out alone though, which will mostly be Bangkok.