Poll: Would you ever disown a family member?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Can't - already been disowned by my family.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    And you don't think Christianity has all that? I mean the bible has sections about how much you have to pay a girl's father for raping her, how to beat your slaves, and other just as awful shit. That and Christians have done way worse in the past. I mean if you want to ignore all the facts I guess that's your prerogative.
    Its how bigotry works, hard to get out of that mindset. Christianity can't be judged by its most extreme, but all muslims can be judged by a sub-sect of an islamic sect.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    My brother. He is deeply paranoid and thinks everyone is out to kidnap his daughter.
    He said I called his daughter a little shit and I texted him asking when I said that. This starts a big argument about how I said shit in texts which he couldn't even find, but I had apparently done. He then says he doesn't want his daughter around "someone like me". I'm like "wtf do you mean by that?" and he says that I'm a peadofile that will abuse her....

Yeah, I disowned him after that, as did my mother and sister. He then told his fathers side of the family I had abused him and my sister as kids, which my sister told them was bullshit, and if true, why the fuck would she allow me near her kids? I was told abotu what he said, and I did nothing, I knew they'd find out soon enough that he talks shit and just uses people to get what he needs.

His wedding was a laugh, none of the family went, he caused shit on his stag night which meant his best man refused to come to wedding, he tried to fuck other chicks on his stag night out, started a fight with people with the whole "I'm 'fathers name' son, who want to fight me?"....

The boy needs seriously looked at. But yeah, my brother has no-one now. His own fault really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have disowned the majority of my family. Outside of my nuclear family (parents and brother) and a few cousins here and there I don't want anything to do with those people lol.

I tried over the years but we are all just so different and the majority of them are liars, cheats and horrible people all around. No thanks lol

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes and I have, twice another is extremely close to being cut off.

Mother- Haven't talked to my mother in 20 years. She chose material possessions above her children. I hear stories from other family about how much worse she has gotten and I'm happy to not be in her life.

Sister- Has mental health problems that some would say needs the utmost attention from family members. I've wasted too many years of my life on her for the stuff she has done to my family. She has been in and out of mental institutions and anorexia clinics. She can't be reasoned with so my father is finally just this year being forced to take control of her because she has a kid. Even he is getting rid of her once her kid is 18. Its made me more sane to act as though she doesn't exist. Side note: she has been black listed from hospitals. I'm not kidding it can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Assorted Whip View Post

Someone is watching CNN to much...want me to burst your delusional bubble?
    Sure, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Yeah, we get it, you're a massive hypocrit. People keeping to themselves and not harming you is enough to write them out of your life, funny how that works.

Or do you consider all muslims to be extreme? In which you should go check out that islamaphobia.

- - - Updated - - -

But only the freedom to be christian, not those dirty brown people's religion!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, how dare I not tolerate people who wish harm upon other people.
    Do you read posts or just the buzzwords that trigger you? I'm all for secularism to me every religion is useless and has no place in modern times , thing is as I tried to make clear some religions can be very strict like islam or jehovah's witnesses while others can be very lax like the christianity (more like consumerism than a faith, who doesn't like chocolate eggs and presents for christmas lol ) I experienced first hand.

Oh and don't put racism in my mouth , that's disgusting of you and reveals your unmotivated victim's complex.

To me the 5 prayers a day and the fasting muslims have to go through are just unthinkable , the fact I only recently discovered they are not even allowed to drink makes it even more absurd than what previously thought , I wouldn't want that for my kin.

And yes i may be a bit islamophobe since I see more and more people drifting away from the traditional christianity in europe I sure don't want islam to take it's place when it's finally gone.
    Last edited by valax; 2019-05-30 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Do you read posts or just the buzzwords that trigger you? I'm all for secularism to me every religion is useless and has no place in modern times , thing is as I tried to make clear some religions can be very strict like islam or jehovah's witnesses while others can be very lax like the christianity (more like consumerism than a faith, who doesn't like chocolate eggs and presents for christmas lol ) I experienced first hand.
    Christianity also has some very strict sects(you even mentioned one) I aint putting words in your mouth, its clear where you stand, why is it so hard to be honest? You're a christian who would go as far as to disown his own childeren if they became muslims. Both religions even come from the same orgins, so what makes it so different? Oh right...

Can't judge christianity by its most extreme, but you can judge Islam that way. Both have tons of shitty rules, maybe you should accept reality for once. Islam is not any stricter than Christianity.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2019-05-30 at 03:54 PM.

my pos drunk of a father, and extended family who is full alternative reality republican who still till this day believes Obama was going to invade Texas, pizzagate, ect. and never shuts up about random conspiracy theories.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah. My adopted aunt is / was a druggie that regularly drained my grandmother of cash and would let cars fall into disrepair. After my grandmother died, my dad and the rest of us gave up on her. She's tried to call a few times after she ran through her inheritance but we ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Christianity also has some very strict sects(you even mentioned) one. I aint putting words in your mouth, its clear where you stand, why is it so hard to be honest?

Can't judge christianity by its most extreme, but you can judge Islam that way. Both have tons of shitty rules, maybe you should accept reality for once.
    Look man we've discussed the topic enough in this thread and i can feel the infraction in the air if we continue .
    I agree ALL religions have shitty barbaric ancient rules , the difference stands in who enforces them still. I'm sure Italy would be 100% a shittier place if the pope and his council ruled the land like a government and punished dissidents with tortures , thank Martin Luther and the phylosophers of the age of enlightenment for making it so they would never again .

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Have you ever or would you ever disown a family member?

Yes, basically anyone who is basically being a abusive and choosing to be a criminal.

Is there anything you would disown a family member for?

Yep voting for Trump, no joke, I am not in contact with any family that voted for Trump or at least has ever said so or talked about it, but if they had they'd be disowned.

And no wouldn't tolerate racist, sexist or homophobic people around me on a personal level, nor abusive, or criminal. I do recognize people fall on hard times but some choices are not nearly as difficult as others.

Unless someones criminal behavior in the past literally involved something where it was there survival and the law, I can look past it.
    Yes, but for voting for Hillary. My sister is a liberal so I don't have anything to do with her.

Neither my sister nor myself are in direct contact with our father...but I don't think I'd go so far to say that we have disowned him.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Some people are bad. I don't want to be around bad people even if I was born with some similar genetic data.

My direct blood relatives would have to be something VERY bad.
    I've disowned plenty of my extended family over shit they've done. Ranging from cruelty to animals to pedophilia. There's something horribly wrong with the extended bloodline on my father's side, let's just say.

I wouldn't disown anyone over who they voted for... I have friends and family ranging from left to right on the political spectrum.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-30 at 05:03 PM.

I haven't disowned any family members. I wouldn't do it over something ridiculous like who they voted for. I get along fine with my brother's GF's parents who love Trump and they aren't even family.

I do have an uncle I hate but I'm still civil to him at family events. Seriously when he had colon cancer I was hoping he would just die but our stupid universal healthcare meant he got the best care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    My direct blood relatives would have to be something VERY bad.
    I've disowned plenty of my extended family over shit they've done. Ranging from cruelty to animals to pedophilia. There's something horribly wrong with the extended bloodline on my father's side, let's just say.
    Oh I didn't even count one uncle I have that was diddling kids. He did it before I was born and I've never met him, honestly I wouldn't even know he existed if my grandma didn't like to gossip.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i already have. no i am not going to post the details.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Yes, but for voting for Hillary. My sister is a liberal so I don't have anything to do with her.
    lol at disowning somebody for not being an extremist. Are you trying to compete with the guy who would disown his kids for becoming muslim?

No. There's a huge margin between not associating with someone and disowning them. If I don't like one of my relatives, then I choose to see them infrequently. Easy. I can't imagine cutting someone off from contact and pretending they are not a family member... that's just ignorant and passive aggressive bullcrap.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had a whiny ass, fake outrage cry baby, family member like the OP, I would certainly not call them for Family BBQs. Thats for sure.

But I would still go to XMass dinner with you, and make fun of you for 8 hours solid. I dont know about disown though, every human deserves a 2nd chance, especially family.