Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mistaken for Neil Patrick Harris all the time, so I have brief moments of fame. It's sad cause I think he's really ugly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post

Won the Big Texan Steak Ranch Challenge two years in a row!
    I like how they give you a bread roll and deep-fried shrimp. As if you NEEDED appetizers with that monstrosity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm technically a published author?

Like, it's one of those collection of short stories book, from when I was in gradeschool. Made a whopping 109 dollars from it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Had high gloss photos (double side, not centerfold) of me in the biggest germanspeaking tattoo magazine some thirty years ago...

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been mistaken for Brad Pitt if that counts.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Headed the release of an indie expansion for Thief that made the rounds in all the gaming magazines back in 2005, made the rounds again when we released bonus material in 2006 and 2007. So "nerd-famous in a niche gaming group" I suppose.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Ever been interviewed on TV? Had your name published in the school newspaper? Won a noteworthy award? Have a bunch of followers on social media?

Post your 15 minutes of fame here.
    My biggest "fame" is being in a Youtube Video with 1.4 million Views. Hardly famous but most likely the most myself as a Person has been seen by other People.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Also on MMO-Champion I'm the subject of really elaborate stories and guessing games; I am possibly every account here, I might control the mods, and I've even had fanart made for me. I regular pillar of the community. :3
    Are you alpharius?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm technically a published author?

Like, it's one of those collection of short stories book, from when I was in gradeschool. Made a whopping 109 dollars from it.
    You got paid for that? I was in something similar, collection of poems, never got a penny....

No, no, no and no. I'm so painfully average it burns.

Maybe when I was at a baseball game as a kid the camera panned over to me for a few seconds when I caught a foul ball?? About the only possible "famous" thing I could think of lol

Oo.. when I was in high school in Hawaii I did outrigger paddling. Me and a team mate were sitting on the side (not enough room on boats for everyone at once) and some Japanese tourists wanted to take photos with us. Lol.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-06-03 at 05:26 AM.

My little bits of fame come from.

A small poem published in a book of poems by kids.

multiple mention's in cricket Hand books and local news for cricket results and achivments ( I hold both very good and very bad league records haha)

I was kind of a big name on the skyrim mod scene when I made mods and that was the game every one was playing.

Did some bit work for a meh indie game so I sit in the credits on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    No, no, no and no. I'm so painfully average it burns.
    Aww. Me too, besides winning a couple of contests/awards when I was in elementary school. And honors/dean's list stuff in college.

It's ok to be average. Most people are. I tend to think we all get our 15 minutes eventually, though. Whether big or small.

I was once in the local newspaper because I graduated as the best that year (by a margin of like 0.05). They even got me mixed up with the 2nd person (she was way easier on the eyes) in the text, but got it right under the picture that accompanied the article. That is pretty much my only claim to fame and I'm glad, because fuck do I hate to stick out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    You got paid for that? I was in something similar, collection of poems, never got a penny....
    We got to go to the release of the book at a decently large bookfaire, and we split up the initial sales amongst ourselves.

my home girl at work writes all the little "meet the employee" stuff for our website. since im the shipping guy she said i was "lord of the box". i've talked to a couple customers when they come in the store and they're like "ohhh, you're the lord of the box!" that's always pretty fun.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    my home girl at work writes all the little "meet the employee" stuff for our website. since im the shipping guy she said i was "lord of the box". i've talked to a couple customers when they come in the store and they're like "ohhh, you're the lord of the box!" that's always pretty fun.
    That's an awesome title

yes², yes, no, don't care about that except for friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was popular throughout junior high because I could dunk and was only 6'0. Left school in 8th grade due to extreme social anxiety so that ended my basketball fame lol.
    Fast forward to my mid-twenties where I was showcased on the Anheuser-Busch "Busch Satellite Network" show called "Custom POS Live" that was seen by 800+ wholesalers across the US. I showed people how to use a speed press system and broke down the huge amount of savings a wholesaler would benefit from by using the system for vinyl application. I was consulted by the host a few times and spoke on the show a few episodes about various sign related things.

For the most part I have been pretty low-key and that is the way I like it.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

From when i was 11 until 20-21ish i was in the local newspaper almost every week and then once or twice on national TV cuz of my sport and how talented i was.
    Was pretty well known in several cities where i competed alot but since i was forced into early retirement cuz of injury etc i don't think a lot of ppl know who the hell i am :P

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That's an awesome title
    she suggested it too! her and i joke like that, but even my smart ass couldn't come up with anything better
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...