Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Opened for a band called Strike Anywhere (from the old Tony Hawk video games).

Also played shows with a band called IFarm, the lead singer became Obama's photographer...

Edit: He was the first official videographer of the White House and Creative Director for Senator Bernie Sanders's 2016 presidential campaign

I won a coloring contest at the age of 8 when the circus came to town
    Last edited by Pipebomb; 2019-05-30 at 09:36 PM.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Ever been interviewed on TV? Had your name published in the school newspaper? Won a noteworthy award? Have a bunch of followers on social media?

Post your 15 minutes of fame here.
    I am not sure these count, but you can decide:

1. I was interviewed when I worked at a collectibles shop in Pike Place Market (Seattle) about the sudden demand for Magic Johnson cards after it was revealed he was HIV positive.
    2. In that same store I also interacted with Harry Anderson (the Judge on the TV series Night Court) routinely, and sold a Cal Ripken rookie card to Kevin Bacon.
    3. I have had dinner with Neil Gaimen, Terry Pratchett, George Takei (Oh my!) and Clive Barker (four times).
    4. I made a joke as I was leaving a conference room that made Candice Bergen laugh out loud.
    5. I taught Oprah Winfrey how to use Email and the Internet (this is not made up, I really did). I also got hugs from her on several occasions.
    6. I had a forty minute conversation about family with Jeff Bridges over coffee.
    7. I told John Krikfalusi that Ren & Stimpy was genius, but another cartoon he did was fucking creepy (foreshadowed the future apparently).
    8. I stared like an idiot in the camera of a news crew when they asked me if I was excited about Batman Forever during the midnight premier.
    9. I met Joe Rogen at an aftershow and talked about MMA for 15 to 20 mins.
    10. I have had short conversations with John Leguziamo & Gregory Hines on the street waiting on cabs.

I don't know that any of these made me famous for any amount of time. But they were pockets of time with very famous people.

Also, for fun... one of the above is actually a lie. The rest are true. I'll let you guess which one.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I worked at a collectibles shop in Pike Place Market (Seattle)
    I used to always hang out at the park that was nearby, loved that place and all the street performers.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Actually was an almost child actor, did a lot of commercials and get briefly into modeling but as it was mostly pushed by my parents the moment I had the chance to drop it I did. Aside from that though I know more than a few famous to semi famous people but purely on a friend level. I don't get the appeal of fame it seems like a giant hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have feasted with Kings and Queens.

No I am not famous.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

One time a video from my guild was posted on twitch and got 30k views, Allcraft spent like an hour discussing it. In the video I say "I'm surprised he made it through last week"

Asmongold tried to pass us off as a Heroic Jaina guild but Preach was like "nah, they are one of the top mythic guilds" We put that sequence at the end of our Mythic Jaina kill video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Ever been interviewed on TV? Had your name published in the school newspaper? Won a noteworthy award? Have a bunch of followers on social media?

Post your 15 minutes of fame here.
    Like, Negative 5?

Unless having people on MMO-champion calling me too harsh as a moderator, then I am not famous or infamous.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Like, Negative 5?

Unless having people on MMO-champion calling me too harsh as a moderator, then I am not famous or infamous.
    I didn't even know you were a mod...

Im so not famous and unknown in general that if i were to die in my appartment, they would probably find me several months later when they come in person asking me why i didnt pay rent for the last 3 months.

And i like it this way!

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Won the Big Texan Steak Ranch Challenge two years in a row!
    Damn that looks like tough meat - I probably wouldn't manage, good job.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    [IMG]https://cdn0.wideopeneats.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/big-texan-steak-challenge.png

Won the Big Texan Steak Ranch Challenge two years in a row!
    Damn, I want steak now. Steak please? Steak...?

I am -3% famous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Like, Negative 5?

You're a mod? I thought you were just a very active poster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was the lifestyle editor for my university's newspaper, so my name is in a lot of old editions. I guess that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I didn't even know you were a mod...
    Long ago, my young friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You're a mod? I thought you were just a very active poster.
    'Were', the word is 'were.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not at all. I was briefly mentioned (not by name) in some local papers as having been called wrongfully to give statement about a local shooting. Same thing when they found a bomb/bombmaker's den in the apartment next to mine some years ago.

I did get interviewed about local pet stores once as an employee, but I didn't give my last name. I'm very guarding of it, since nobody in the world has my first + last name, and anyone sharing my last name = close family.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i am undercover on a mission to infiltrate and bring them down from the inside!
    Right on! Stick it to the space goats!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-30 at 08:13 PM.

I like to mess around a lot in a few online guitar communities on facebook - to the point where people have recognized me IRL and go "Whoa are you [name] I see you all the time!" And I'm just like "what" every time.

The fact it's happened more than once is spooky.

My pinewood derby car made it on TV, and my name has shown up in the newspapers a couple times. My social media presence is minimal outside of certain niche groups, I change accounts and avatars so often that even I've lost track of what I've got out there.

WoW-wise, I introduced the word "shuffle" and broke a couple of servers before everything became automated and I lost interest in the game.

I used to have a (very minor) notoriety in some WoW guilds on emerald dream and was named in a few youtube videos people that hated my guild put up. That is the closest to famous I've ever been. So in short, not at all.

I once walked past a news crew while they were filming and it showed up on the news, does that count?

As for the others: no, no, and not that I know of (I don't use social media a whole lot anymore).
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-06-23 at 03:18 AM.