Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Just Hells Angels? There are plenty of MCs that are just as bad. Such as Cannonball.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Idk, I’m reading conflicting info, with the gang officially saying they don’t do these things, that’s it’s individuals using the name when they do the crimes. But as said, I don’t want to be ignorant just because they have said it’s not them - of course they may try to deny it, etc.

    If it’s bad in the Netherlands, sure, ban it. I’m not against that, just trying to stay open-minded and first wanting to charge individual bad eggs rather than the whole group.
    The AMA (American motorcycle association) once stated that 99% of all members of mc's where law abiding citizen, hells angels pride themselves of being part of a 1% mc (which is a reference to the 99%) thingy.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    That is a strawman argument and a half level of bullshit, right there. Don't try and derail the thread with crap like that to fit whatever bullshit agenda you're planning top argue, it is just so pants on head stupid my mind is reeling.
    Did i hit a nerve there?
    He said if it's okay to ban a club with a history of violence ,wich i think is a good cause.

    But when you think about it what type of 'club' has caused more violence in human hitsory? Yes it is religion and i'm not gonna talk about 1 specific as you were thinking.

    I'm not trying to to fit any agenda but i'm pretty sure there are more religious fanatics out there that are causing more harm than a bunch of bikers...

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Did i hit a nerve there?
    He said if it's okay to ban a club with a history of violence ,wich i think is a good cause.

    But when you think about it what type of 'club' has caused more violence in human hitsory? Yes it is religion and i'm not gonna talk about 1 specific as you were thinking.

    I'm not trying to to fit any agenda but i'm pretty sure there are more religious fanatics out there that are causing more harm than a bunch of bikers...
    You are bringing up something that is utterly irrelevant to this conversation to try to cause arguments.

    Stop it with this bullshit, because it is irrelevant to the discussion. The topic is about Hells Angels being banned in Netherlands.

    Not religion, not Islam, not Christianity. Not Fascism or Communism, not even Martha Stewart going to jail. The topic isn't about anything but the MC "Hells Angels" and anything linked to the MC world and how it might affect them, so don't try to shoehorn whatever shite you are trying to do.
    Last edited by Howlrunner; 2019-05-30 at 04:56 PM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I did, you said they would go underground or use a different name.

    They absolutely will NOT. Their name is everything, as are their colours, they won;t change those, because it means they are no longer who they are. Because of this, the law actually might have an impact.
    Believe me, courts and law enforcement have struggled for years as to the best way to combat this, and a blanket ban basically eliminates anything and everything of who they are. The key thing is, whether the appeal holds or not.
    So you think they’ll just stop being in their gang, become law abiding citizens and move on? Yeah, not going to happen.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    So it's a murderous gang, but they should be ok because they don't like certain other shitty people? Hell's Angels very much stands for violence, basically everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Again, thats like saying the mafia arent bad, it just bad individuals. Or that the Crips and Bloods arent bad, its just individuals. Or Sina Loa Cartel isnt bad, its just individuals. When you get organized, there is is usually a general directive to benefit the organization through illegal means. The only difference here is chapters vs national organization. SOME individuals may not participate and instead provide other services, but that isnt the norm.
    I honestly don’t know much about this motorcycle gang. I only know about them from articles I’ve read over the years, mostly involving them doing things to protect victims from protesters.

    If they are what people are saying here, as said, I’m not against a ban, at all.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    So you think they’ll just stop being in their gang, become law abiding citizens and move on? Yeah, not going to happen.
    Absolutely not. They will just keep doing what they keep doing.

    But they won't change their name or colours. So most likely they will go to jail.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It sounds nice, but it's not going to work. These people are not suddenly going to become law abiding citizens who don't have contact with their friends anymore... It's just going underground or using a different name.
    We have that problem in the US with the KKK still. Up in the mountains in Tennessee, out in the backwoods all around the south. Problem is, the people in it are doctors, lawyers, sheriffs, etc. Plenty of powerful people in there to easily cover it up in an emergency.

  9. #49
    Herald of the Titans Violent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,834
    Hahahaha!

    This is so stupid. Leave it to the Netehrlands to do some asinine shit and think themselves as being "progressive".

    That'd be like America telling the Crips & Bloods they're banned from American streets... Good Luck with that.


    And the Hell's Angels are NOT a White supremacist gang.

    They may be Violent, Drug Dealers, Traffickers, Smugglers, Murderers, but they are not White Supremacist.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

    <~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Absolutely not. They will just keep doing what they keep doing.

    But they won't change their name or colours. So most likely they will go to jail.
    One of the club houses already took down their sign, so yes, they’ll change and go underground. They’ll wear their colors in their club house, without a sign above the door, and continue doing what they do. They won’t use their name in public and get arrested all the time, they do have jobs and families and lives to protect.

  11. #51
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    15,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It sounds nice, but it's not going to work. These people are not suddenly going to become law abiding citizens who don't have contact with their friends anymore... It's just going underground or using a different name.
    It is going to work in what it sets out to do and that means they can no longer rent and take advantage of the laws protecting organizations. Nobody is expecting this to suddenly completely abolish the movement because that's also not what it sets out to do.

    My issue with this is that they'll just move to Belgium and we have enough of them already over here.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Idk, haven’t these guys also done a lot of good? At least in the US I’m aware of it, like Trassk posted. Guess it depends on where you are.

    Maybe just target individuals imo since I don’t think the gang represents or stands for violence - not here, at least.
    Idk if a few good deeds make up for the drugs, murder, violence, and general disruption to society they do daily.


    I think the idea of the "ban" is that it allows them to prosecute and remove people associated with the gang without jumping through hoops first. Obviously a written law will not magically identify and evict members of the gang.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Hell's angels helped to block westboro baptist church from getting close to the sandy hook shooting funerals
    I don't think you can equate one chapter directly with another.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It is going to work in what it sets out to do and that means they can no longer rent and take advantage of the laws protecting organizations. Nobody is expecting this to suddenly completely abolish the movement because that's also not what it sets out to do.

    My issue with this is that they'll just move to Belgium and we have enough of them already over here.
    Not really.
    Belgium is mainly Outlaws territory. They have 7 Angels chapters, spread out in the Northern and Central parts of Belgium, but their numbers aren't a fraction of the Outlaws (16 chapters not including affiliates).
    The Angels usually keep a low profile in Belgium, because they are outnumbered. So highly unlikely they will move to here, Germany maybe, and perhaps France, but not Belgium.

  15. #55
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    15,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Not really.
    Belgium is mainly Outlaws territory. They have 7 Angels chapters, spread out in the Northern and Central parts of Belgium, but their numbers aren't a fraction of the Outlaws (16 chapters not including affiliates).
    The Angels usually keep a low profile in Belgium, because they are outnumbered. So highly unlikely they will move to here, Germany maybe, and perhaps France, but not Belgium.
    That's nice, sadly i live in that border region and regardless of what that is they have always been around here. I honestly don't care who is the biggest and who has the most, they are all here including satudarah.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    That's nice, sadly i live in that border region and regardless of what that is they have always been around here. I honestly don't care who is the biggest and who has the most, they are all here including satudarah.
    Oh, they are around, just don;t expect to see a sudden influx.
    "Hells Angels" in Belgium have also been remarkably...stupid. Very overt, getting into trouble a lot, and drawing a lot of attention to themselves with weapons dealing, drugs, and prostitution. There aren't many affiliates either, because to be affiliated is painting a big target on your back from the Outlaws, who are actually pretty...covert in their activities. You rarely will see them make the news, because they aren't dumb enough to be attracting the attention of the mighty Belgian law enforcement.

    Long story short, I doubt you will see many come here, because they are outnumbered. And with the increased Police attention, the ones you have probably will keep their heads down even more, lest they get whatever territory they have smushed by Outlaws.

    The whole thing is so mind numbingly stupid and hilariously dumb as to make my mind reel, but men just trying to be big men/feel important, I guess.

  17. #57
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    15,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Oh, they are around, just don;t expect to see a sudden influx.
    "Hells Angels" in Belgium have also been remarkably...stupid. Very overt, getting into trouble a lot, and drawing a lot of attention to themselves with weapons dealing, drugs, and prostitution. There aren't many affiliates either, because to be affiliated is painting a big target on your back from the Outlaws, who are actually pretty...covert in their activities. You rarely will see them make the news, because they aren't dumb enough to be attracting the attention of the mighty Belgian law enforcement.

    Long story short, I doubt you will see many come here, because they are outnumbered. And with the increased Police attention, the ones you have probably will keep their heads down even more, lest they get whatever territory they have smushed by Outlaws.

    The whole thing is so mind numbingly stupid and hilariously dumb as to make my mind reel, but men just trying to be big men/feel important, I guess.
    Police force isn't big enough to handle it not my words but those of the local mayors, increased activity is increased activity. Whoever is the largest doesn't really matter all that means is more conflict. If it gets harder to operate over there they'll simply move here.

    Outlaws aren't really convert, their club houses are just as visible as the others. And yes criminals who take large risks simply to hand in most of their profits never made sense to me.

  18. #58
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    24,302
    Yes, I'm sure Hells Angels have all the consideration for laws of a country.
    Classic WoW is 10% gameplay and 90% talking about "how much better it is than Retail WoW" in in-game chats, Youtube Videos, Twitch or ALL the forums.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Police force isn't big enough to handle it not my words but those of the local mayors, increased activity is increased activity. Whoever is the largest doesn't really matter all that means is more conflict. If it gets harder to operate over there they'll simply move here.

    Outlaws aren't really convert, their club houses are just as visible as the others. And yes criminals who take large risks simply to hand in most of their profits never made sense to me.
    I mean more in their illicit activities. The Angels have been very dumb in pushing their word out, engaging in arms deals, intimidation, violence etc, and literally attracting the attention of law enforcement to deal with them. Equivalent of Mafia goons parading the streets shouting to everyone what they do, and how tough they are.
    Not the smartest thing to do when engaging in illegal activity, because then you make yourself a priority target for law enforcement.
    Belgian Law Enforcement is also a bit "Pants on head" stupid. They use Police for meaningless tasks that are better suited for a Town Hall flunky like in most other countries (checking address changes, noise complaints and whatnot), so if they were to free up the budget by delegating these tasks to others, they would free up a LOT of resources, possibly say, 100 police in a small city like Leuven (where I am), which could make a significant dent in activity and such.

    it would mean a large scale change in the law, and not sure it would be done in time, but it honestly is a large cause of issues I think regarding law enforcement here, lots of silly things they are tied up with, and a complete lack of resource/central organisation for anything else. Heck, Brussels has, what? 8 different departments all basically doing the same thing in different areas, and not pooling resources? Belgium doesn;t even have many central units for serious crimes, they just handle them by region, which is so abnormally silly it is unreal, so no wonder there are issues.

    But I digress, and back on topic, Angels will probably keep their heads down, and try to maintain whatever territory they have left, else they will be booted out of the country. Only worry I have, is if Outlaws decide to do an more aggressive "land grab", and start pushing which could cause a lot of violence. Who knows though.

  20. #60
    The Patient guisadop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Southern Brazil
    Posts
    230
    I wish my country's only problem with violence was some bikers' gang

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •