Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Netherlands first country to completely ban the Hells Angels

The Central Netherlands court in Utrecht issued a ban of the outlaw motorcycle gang Hells Angels in the Netherlands. That makes the Netherlands the first country in the world to completely ban the Hells Angels, according to broadcaster NOS. Other countries, including Germany, banned local chapters, but not the entire club.

The motorcycle gang must cease all its activities in the country. The court agreed with the Public Prosecutor's argument that there is a culture of violence within the club and that it endangers society and the rule of law. "The worldwide Hells Angels organisation has also been banned from undertaking activities in the Netherlands," the court said in a statement.

A spokesperson for the court called the Hells Angels a "global organization where violence is very systemic and very common," giving the court reason to suspect it of organized illegal activity. "This is not about violence from one or two members of that association, but about violence that is really within the organization itself." That argument is why the court said the ban does not go against the fundamental right to freely assemble or organize, he added.

https://nltimes.nl/2019/05/29/nether...ystemic-common

Do you think clubs with a history of violence should be banned in your country?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Well humans use to just kill the other humans when not wanting them around..so it probably what folks would call progress.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

It sounds nice, but it's not going to work. These people are not suddenly going to become law abiding citizens who don't have contact with their friends anymore... It's just going underground or using a different name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gangs* it's a motorcycle gang not a club. And banned idk.. US is pretty harsh on gangs as well. They'll just start riding without their vest things

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is up to the residents of the country involved. I am only concerned if we tried to do it in the US. History of violence? We would have to ban many other organizations in the US if we do that. Individuals within any organization which commits a crime, should be brought to justice. It is a slippery road you take when you try ban ideas. Not saying some organizations, identified to be a terrorist organization by the authorities, should not be banned however.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Fine. They'll just change their name. Heaven's Demons...

Better idea would be to put it's notorious members on the watch list, like we do with terrorists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell's angels helped to block westboro baptist church from getting close to the sandy hook shooting funerals

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/t...boro-baptists/

And more examples.

any group that stands against a cult like the westboro baptist church are the goods guys in my book.

This is your america, where a religious group under god verbally attacks mourners at funerals, while people under the guise of hell are defending the mourners from them.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-05-30 at 02:34 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Hells Angels are a white supremacist biker gang and are known for trafficing drugs and committing violence, yeah good for the Netherlands.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

It 100% depends on the chapter, people don't understand the structure of Hell's Angels.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be impossible to ban them I think, but further targeting them is a good thing.

Also, they are not good guys. They do good things as a PR stunt to cover up the bad shit they do. They aren't any better than the Outlaws, or Mongols. The whole "but its just individuals" shit is also an excuse, because its a way to protect the heads of their organization and to protect it. No better than the mafia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Generally, organized crime - including biker gangs - are only dangerous/a threat if you are a criminal yourself and involved in their businesses. For a common person, they are not a threat.

At least that's my impression about it in here Finland.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Hells Angels are a white supremacist biker gang and are known for trafficing drugs and committing violence, yeah good for the Netherlands.
    Just curious, is every member in the group a white supremacist that traffics in drugs and commits violence?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Generally, organized crime - including biker gangs - are only dangerous/a threat if you are a criminal yourself and involved in their businesses. For a common person, they are not a threat.

From what I understand about places where organized crime is prevalent, you can be a common person making a living with your business and if you don't pay them for protection, they themselves will cause the problems they were soliciting the protection from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Just curious, is every member in the group a white supremacist that traffics in drugs and commits violence?
    From the actual Hells Angels I know, eh it depends yeah they are their own chapter, but the Hells Angels have a charter that ALL chapters have to comply with. But over all all of them I know of deal in drugs, commit violent acts and are full one white supremacist.

And as someone else said their PR bullshit is just that, PR, they are obviously a bit better organized than typical street gangs, but not by much. They also facilitate human trafficking as well.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Idk, haven’t these guys also done a lot of good? At least in the US I’m aware of it, like Trassk posted. Guess it depends on where you are.

Maybe just target individuals imo since I don’t think the gang represents or stands for violence - not here, at least.
    So it's a murderous gang, but they should be ok because they don't like certain other shitty people? Hell's Angels very much stands for violence, basically everywhere.

So we should ban religious groups as well then?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

seems the prosecutions main argument was that they area constantly "at war" with other motorcycle gangs, and when they do their fighting in public places that also affects society as a whole.

e.g. when they used firearms at a hotel, or burned down a cafe frequented by another club.

I don't know about other countries but I think in Canada they are the largest source of organized crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Err...no, they won't.
    I know a few Outlaws members here in Belgium, and one thing that is absolutely paramount, is the colours and the name. That is *everything*. Other MC's might keep their heads down for a while, but they won't stop being who they are (or feel to be) because of a law.

You think these guys will suddenly just disappear and change the name of their entire family and brotherhood, because it is no longer allowed? You must be a special kind of naive.
    Uhm, that’s exactly what I didn’t say. Maybe read my whole post?