Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nice opinions man.

Btw, it's true, BFA is Legion 2.0.

Legion is WoD 2.0

WoD is MoP 2.0

MoP is Cata 2.0.

And so on. If you didnt notice you are still playing the same game, 15 years in. Maybe this comes as a suprise, but if you are looking for ground shaking innovation, maybe it's time to move on.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Haven't heard it called Legion 2.0, but I have heard it called either Legion 1.5 or Legion 0.5 which are, TBH, fair descriptions.

BfA feels more like Legion 7.4, where most of the game didn't change from Legion (heck, *very* few specs were modified compared to their Legion equivalents). More content than a typical X.Y patch, but not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I read a lot of people saying BfA is just Legion 2.0. LOL, not even close. Legion is the 2nd or 3rd best expansion ever for WoW, and BfA is easily the second to last worst expansion.

Expansions ranking's;

- Wrath #1
    - Legion #2
    - BC #3
    - MoP #4
    - Cat #5
    - BfA #6
    - WoD #7

Maybe my ranking isn't exactly right, but pretty close, there's no arguing Legion is towards the top, and BfA for sure towards bottom of list.

Legion gave us such great things;

- Class Halls were AMAZING, and sad to see them leave
    - Class Hall specific quests, were great story's and fun to work on
    - Artifact weapon appearances, and the quests to unlock new ones, and find hidden appearances
    - Mage Tower
    - Artifact Weapon was pretty cool idea, yeah it needed to be tweaked and revised better, but it was a fresh idea, way better than a fucking necklace
    - Tier gear still ten billion times better than Azerite garbage
    - Classic Raids like Nighthold, ToS
    - Introduction of M+ dungeons
    - Dalaran one main Faction shared city, and easy and quick to get around. These two overly large complex mazes of cities in BfA blow balls.
    - Class specific mounts to work on getting
    - Zones all in one main continent, not split up needing to take a boat and port a long ways to get to another zone.
    - Classes, back when they good before BfA broke them
    WoD is not worst than Bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Nice opinions man.

Btw, it's true, BFA is Legion 2.0.

Legion is WoD 2.0

WoD is MoP 2.0

MoP is Cata 2.0.

And so on. If you didnt notice you are still playing the same game, 15 years in. Maybe this comes as a suprise, but if you are looking for ground shaking innovation, maybe it's time to move on.
    Then WotLK would be BC 2.0, which isn't true at all. BC is Vanilla 2.0. Cata is WotLK 2.0, MoP was probably based on WotLK too but in another way since Cata didn't work - basically an amalgamation of the two. Legion is WoD 2.0 and BfA is essentially WoD 3.0.

BfA was a crunch time expansion just like WoD was.

I read a lot of people saying BfA is just Legion 2.0. LOL, not even close. Legion is the 2nd or 3rd best expansion ever for WoW, and BfA is easily the second to last worst expansion.

Expansions ranking's;

- Wrath #1
    - Legion #2
    - BC #3
    - MoP #4
    - Cat #5
    - BfA #6
    - WoD #7

Maybe my ranking isn't exactly right, but pretty close, there's no arguing Legion is towards the top, and BfA for sure towards bottom of list.

- Artifact weapon appearances, and the quests to unlock new ones, and find hidden appearances
    - Mage Tower
    - Artifact Weapon was pretty cool idea, yeah it needed to be tweaked and revised better, but it was a fresh idea, way better than a fucking necklace
    - Dalaran one main Faction shared city, and easy and quick to get around. These two overly large complex mazes of cities in BfA blow balls.
    - Zones all in one main continent, not split up needing to take a boat and port a long ways to get to another zone.
    Everything you are saying is the same feeling I came away from BFA beta feeling and still feel now. Patch 8.2 will not even change that.

Far as your expansion rankings I agree except I would change MoP and Cata. The guild changes and RBGs that they implemented in Cataclysm along with the class design was phenomenal and I feel MOP is where the class design started to tank and was in a full on tail spin in WoD. Legion class design was better than WoD and then BFA broke it again.

The worst part is I told people prior to BFA release I would rather just have another 2 or 3 content patches to Legion than to have BFA be released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is the 2nd or 3rd best expansion ever for WoW
    I could not disagree more, it was barely better than WoD, IMO, and honestly WoD was better than BFA.

Expansions ranking's;

- Wrath #1
    - Legion #2
    - BC #3
    - MoP #4
    - Cat #5
    - BfA #6
    - WoD #7
    Are entirely your opinion.

Oh boy...

What you see as "amazing" I see as a waste of development time that most people never experienced completely because the content was segregated by class.

Heinously time gated because they were, in truth, so short you could complete them in one afternoon.

- Artifact weapon appearances, and the quests to unlock new ones
    So... No different than us regularly getting weapon skins from, you know, getting weapons.

Neither one was a good idea, they were both infinite treadmills and locked down an item slot for the entire expansion, in a game mostly focused on getting better gear.

And Legendaries did the same thing.

This has nothing to do with Legion, Legion did not introduce tier gear.

What makes them "classic", exactly? They were nothing special, and ToS boss fights were a complete mess, it was called "Tomb of Soakgeras" for a reason, it was so bad it became a fucking meme.

I honestly don;t feel they were a good addition to the game, not in the state they are... If they didn't add the stupid modifiers and just made them scale linearly and logically, maybe, but not like this.

I don't get this complaint, to be completely honest, I've had absolutely no trouble navigating the new capitols.

Every expansion adds new mounts, I don't see how this is special... If we didn;t get those 12 mounts we would have gotten 12 others.

I'm gonna guess you don't have an SSD, or even a halfway decent harddrive... The boat being able to take you individually to each zone on the other continent is a lot faster than having to take a flightpath from Dalaran.

You're kidding, right? Legion fucking butchered almost every class in the game. This is the sole reason I rank it as being little better than WoD, the class overhauls in Legion were fucking atrocities and sucked the fun out of almost every aspect of the game, BFA just took already bad designs and made them worse.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-05-30 at 07:34 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

They took the artifact infinite grind and kinder suprise gearing model from Legion and rebranded it slightly, that's why it's Legion 2.0. It's worse than Legion because it lost the good aspects and carried on the negative aspects, only amplifying their problems further. Obviously I'm oversimplifying, I don't have all night.

Anyway, TBC => WOTLK >> Legion/MOP/WOD > Cata >>>> BFA.

If WOD wasn't an abandoned unfinished afk simulator It would have been awesome, the dungeons were good and the raids were amazing... BFA is not worth wasting your time on, which is why I don't (but also why my opinion is still based on launch months, first impressions last).
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Its more like legion .5 since it has everything bad legion had but none of the good.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, if your friends are calling BfA Legion2.0, you need some new friends. Wipe the list if you have to.

if anything, it's legion 0.5 or legion lite

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    BfA has unique features that set it apart from Legion (warfronts, IEs).
    They are subjectively bad.

Legion had unique features that BfA doesn't have (Artifacts, Legendaries).
    They were subjectively better.

Non-expansion related changes occurred in between (tier set removal, GCD change), most that are widely regarded as for the worse.

What they have in common, BfA does the same or worse.
    So no, it's not Legion 2.0.
    BfA feels more like BfA 0.5...

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Exactly this - BfA is an attempt to take Legion's primary ideas (artifacts, class identity) and flip it into something else that's similar (azerite gear and faction (identity? pride? story?)), it just hasn't really worked, at least so far.

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, BC was clearly Vanilla 2.0, and I'll fight you if you deny that. BfA is clearly inspired by Legion, so Legion 2.0 isn't that much of a stretch, but it is needlessly whiny.
    The game and its story is in constant evolution. BC offered MANY features that clearly defined it apart from Vanilla. BFA offers MANY, and also removed MANY, features that clearly separate it from Legion. I can't speak on their design intent with certainty, so I'll refrain from attempting.

Bear in mind, I'm not defending BFA. Legion was a great expansion in many ways for me, personally. BFA? I can't say the same. Hell, I'm currently unsubbed for the longest I've ever been since I started playing in 2005. You have to admit a large part of our position on this is personal opinion, and not matter of fact.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2019-05-31 at 02:28 AM.

because bfa is legion 2.0 maybe.
    same shallow grind /instant gratification garbage.

2.0 implies some kind of an upgraded version, of which BfA is not

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It plays very much like Legion.

-We got a token Expansion-themed gear piece with numerous boring traits;
    -The classes still feel pruned to some;
    -The art is of similar quality (good imo);

It's more comparing gameplay, not quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    Agreed. Legion 2.0 because they tried to make something similar with the azerite and neck but failed miserably. Legion still is and will always be my second favorite expansion.
    And when Legion was around people complained that Legiondairies were the worst thing ever and artifacts were boring because you eventually got everything. There's no pleasing anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    because it is legion minus artifacts, they copy paste the wq system that was boring 1 month into legion, same bland classes, still ignoring pvp, ect, ect
    And what system is superior to WQs? Going back to dailies? Is picking up a quest at a hub, ignoring the text, then having to return to the hub to turn it in really that 'immersive'? And of course they should ignore pvp. Every time they try to balance for the pvp minigame they felt compelled to add on later in the game they mess up pve.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And when Legion was around people complained that Legiondairies were the worst thing ever and artifacts were boring because you eventually got everything. There's no pleasing anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

And what system is superior to WQs? Going back to dailies? Is picking up a quest at a hub, ignoring the text, then having to return to the hub to turn it in really that 'immersive'? And of course they should ignore pvp. Every time they try to balance for the pvp minigame they felt compelled to add on later in the game they mess up pve.
    pvp hardly effects pve, and when it does its minor as best, as for what could they add? how about compelling player driven content and not chore craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    pvp hardly effects pve, and when it does its minor as best, as for what could they add? how about compelling player driven content and not chore craft.
    Berserk used to last 30 seconds, broke fear when used, gave immunity to fear for the duration, and reduced energy costs by 50%. Kinda like The Beast Within does for BM Hunters. But people complained that it was too strong so they took away the fear immunities, then cut away its duration down to 15 seconds, (10 if bear), and the benefit of it to 40%. Or the original form of lifebloom that you could blanket a raid with and recover mana from when it expired. Or demon hunter diseases doing cool things like turning hots into dots. All of those things and more were taken away from pve'ers because it was unbalanced in pvp.

Define "player driven content." You can't, because even you don't know what it is or what you want. It's just a meaningless thing you put out saying Blizzard should do and is bad for not doing. Do you consider things like farming black lotuses or having to run Scholomance for the millionth time to be able to make your flasks or Blackrock Depths for yhour dark iron gear to be superior content? Are dailies superior to WQs because you have to waste time going to a location to pick them up, travel to the location, then return there to turn it in?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    2.0 implies some kind of an upgraded version, of which BfA is not
    Not necessarily. It just notes that one came after the other and both share similarities, which is true.