Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    Casual back then is not casual today that's a total fallacy, how long do you take on current wow to reach max level and how long you did back then or in 3 months?

How hard is to get geared now vs classic ? "Hard" oxford definition nº3 : "Requiring a great deal of endurance or effort". For the pedantic individuals.

Also "Braindead" as your opinion.

world record for 1-60 was 4 days 20 hours played, that was back then, by now much more efficnet routes have come along.

so i think they can lower it to 4 days played. no lifing that means just over a week of play.

even if you are a normla player, i doubt a normal player would go from 1 week to 12 weeks play to get to max....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    8.2 is the “Fix it Patch”? Last time I checked the PTR there is still Titanforging, CRZ, sharding, mediocre class gameplay, useless talents, and no PvP vendors.

I did spot 2 good updates in this post:
    1) Making story content rep gated instead of time gated
    2) Actually rare mobs
    some people liek titanforging
    people like crz
    people like sharding
    "mediocre" subjective mate
    useless talents? there will ALWAYS be useless talents
    no pvp vendors? ok and?
    it seems you are trying to make this the "i dont like it therefore it should be removed" patch.

i dont like shamans, they should be removed from the game, shit game if not removed, i also dont like pally bubble, dk anti magic shield, rogue stealth, and mage iceblock, remove them all blizz they are shit parts ruining the game, oh also remove pvp and mythic raiding, there game fixed, cause i say so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    I still don't understand where this "CLASSIC IS DOOOOOOOOOMED" mentality comes from, if it was so bad why did it sell so well and spawn a game that outlasted every other MMO on the market, im almost convinced the current wow fans just legitimately hate popular things because it's cool.
    why were leeches so popular? so why dont we bring them back, they were so popular and commonly used back then, why dont we use them now?

sometimes things are good back in their time, but then you go "oh maybe they arnt that good" or "maybe they wernt good at all"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Not to mention... how many people are interested in classic. That many people would not login to a beta stress test for a WoW expansion.
    yes they did, they do every time mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Anyone starting to get Destiny 2 vibes from the quality and language used around these updates? "This will be the fix-it patch!" "This will add so many new types of loot"

"This will fix the looting"

It sounds EXACTLY like Destiny 2, a game WoW stupidly tried to emulate throughout Legion with "legiondaries (aka exotics)" and the ridiculous updates of this xpac.
    uhh..
    l....legion released BEFORE destiny 2 mate...

also btw destiny did fix itself, forsaken made the game a major success... almost sounds like a specific diablo game that was shit, then an expansion came along that made it into a massive hit for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Benthic gears are just for alt right ?

The ilvls seem stupid.
    what? if you farm it you can get it up to just shy of heroic raid levels...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Don't BS. Paladins had no taunt and couldn't crush immune. Druid tanks could at least be mana sponges I guess but warrior tanks were the only tank you should be running unless you were cursed with having a subpar tank an officer gm or gm's friend. Paladins were also a mana based tank which yikes.
    allow me to correct you in regards to prot paladins (i had one in vanilla).
    1. you could get defense capped as a paladin, you had to use off pieces rather then set pieces in some slots to do so but it was more then possible.
    2. you actually had an easier time to hold aggro single target then a warrior since seal of fury generated a lot of threat and reckoning procs just put you ahead of so many warriors.
    3. paladin tanks were not mana tanks, unless you consider the odd self healing weaving a flash of light between slow boss attacks for extra threat mana. consecration was as or a little more useful as thunderclap in that regard, and that was the only spell you bothered with mostly other then the odd judgement
    4. our "defensives" were actually more powerful, the proper use of divine shield, blessing of protection, and lay on hands to negate incoming damage or save a team mate was the mark of a truly skilled paladin tank.

were warriors better tanks in terms of toolset? yes, were paladins limited in their toolset, offcourse, was the entire content clearable with a paladin tank or 2 in the team? donno, we had a rotating tank team in vanilla of 3-4 warriors, 2 druids and 2 paladins that shared the tanking between them and we were working on sapphiron when TBC arrival killed our main raid. we were not world first, we were not speeding through content, we did have enormous ammounts of fun and randprin, the thunderfury wielding paladin, tanked, healed and sometimes stood in the tunnel after mag and OOC rezzed people...

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    Basically they are bringing back glyphs (essences) and gem sockets (punchcard), and portraying them as this new fun idea. Maybe a realisation too much was culled?

They really should bring back more Gem sockets and reforming. I’m tired of having little to no say on my character’s stats.
    They've been doing it since Cataclysm; remove content and then add it back in later as a 'brand new feature'.
    It's despicable, but I guess as long as they never remove mog/pet/mount farming then the core skinnerbox demographic will never have a reason to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Clearly you're not following, but that's a you issue, not something for me to remedy.
    No, I follow you perfectly. You have an understandable problem with some people in the classic community (there are some who are indeed toxic) but you, yourself, are just as toxic as the worst of that community. Self reflection can't seriously be so difficult for you now.

Quote Originally Posted by randprin View Post
    1. you could get defense capped as a paladin, you had to use off pieces rather then set pieces in some slots to do so but it was more then possible.
    2. you actually had an easier time to hold aggro single target then a warrior since seal of fury generated a lot of threat and reckoning procs just put you ahead of so many warriors.
    3. paladin tanks were not mana tanks, unless you consider the odd self healing weaving a flash of light between slow boss attacks for extra threat mana. consecration was as or a little more useful as thunderclap in that regard, and that was the only spell you bothered with mostly other then the odd judgement
    4. our "defensives" were actually more powerful, the proper use of divine shield, blessing of protection, and lay on hands to negate incoming damage or save a team mate was the mark of a truly skilled paladin tank.

were warriors better tanks in terms of toolset? yes, were paladins limited in their toolset, offcourse, was the entire content clearable with a paladin tank or 2 in the team? donno, we had a rotating tank team in vanilla of 3-4 warriors, 2 druids and 2 paladins that shared the tanking between them and we were working on sapphiron when TBC arrival killed our main raid. we were not world first, we were not speeding through content, we did have enormous ammounts of fun and randprin, the thunderfury wielding paladin, tanked, healed and sometimes stood in the tunnel after mag and OOC rezzed people...
    Two problems with your argument about paladin tanks. First, defense capping made you uncrittable, not uncrushable. Uncrushable required you to push the chance of crushing blow off the hit table by making it impossible for you to take an unmitigated hit. Second, reckoning does nothing if you're defense capped. You never take a crit.

Quote Originally Posted by randprin View Post

Defense capped does not equal crush immune. Crush immune means pushing all crushing blows off the table which was only possible with shield block until wrath. Holy shield only did 30% redoubt did another 30 but couldn't be relied on to always be up. If you actually gave a paladin TF over a warrior you were obviously one of the guilds cursed with a pally gm/gm's friend. Assuming your guild existed and you aren't blowing smoke.

Oh and if you are defense capped you aren't taking crits I'll leave you to figure out why that makes your story a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Defense capped does not equal crush immune. Crush immune means pushing all crushing blows off the table which was only possible with shield block until wrath. Holy shield only did 30% redoubt did another 30 but couldn't be relied on to always be up. If you actually gave a paladin TF over a warrior you were obviously one of the guilds cursed with a pally gm/gm's friend. Assuming your guild existed and you aren't blowing smoke.

Oh and if you are defense capped you aren't taking crits I'll leave you to figure out why that makes your story a problem.
    This "tank paladin in classic" has either no clue or was just doing dungeons. I've never encountered a paladin in classic that really did raids, because they just couldn't (!) tank them; mostly because of the lack of taunt. You couldn't do the simplest things like taunt rotations. Hell, even in BC paladin tanking was mostly shit just because you needed special gear and still you were just subpar. And yes, I've played a paladin both in classic and BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    The irony being that outside of just tedious grinding, Vanilla was know as the most casual and accessible MMO on the Market. Mostly due to the fact the combat was braindead.
    Had almmost nothing to do with combat everything to do with no actual death penalties.

Bent dick gear from Nadsjatar

Flying is only supposed to cost some gold if they want to fix WoW, not a fucking rep grind.

Is 8.2 worth coming back to? I mean for raids and m+? Not sure if they managed to fix casters (or tanks) in m+, or its still a melees are king of damage AND cc-interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    Am I the only one who when he was hyped about the essences system, thought it would be actually spec focused and interesting? I was expecting it to be more in line with legendaries not in term of power, but on the interesting scale (not talking about the flat dmg boosts traits mind you).

I was planning on coming back for 8.2 but quite frankly, after playing on the PTR, I don't see the point.

I know, I know. I'm just a sheep jumping into the blizz bashing wagon... But hey, I played WoW vanilla beta... I played retail until last november... BFA is the first damn time I lost hope so hardly into blizzard. I wish they would do something to make me thing "Oh, yeah I really want to experience that!" but right now... their overall big silence... The way they seem to still be trying to cut corners on fixing the game...

I think they are trying to do just enough to not lose too much subs until the next expansion while putting all their efforts on that next expansion. I even think WoD was better than BFA. I stayed through WoD... I levelled a ton of alts, but I stayed through it. WoD main issue IMO is the lack of content. Some bad decisions too but... mostly how you logged in, checked your garrison and logged out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Classic was supposed to come in later and they just went "shit, let's put the priority on it so we can get back some subs! Which might work for me actually. But I'm so bitter and frustrated at what they do that I might not even.

Plus, I really liked Sylvanas's character before BFA. Now I just hate her and wish for her to die a horrible death. Which is part of BFA issues. They gave us a fricking mustache twirling vilain while talking about being "morally gray". I hope the next expansion is just us waking up after legion and it was just a bad dream from the emerald nightmare / N'Zoth and Sylvanas knew what was happening and just went "I'll make the most outrageous things to make the alliance understand that from now on, don't fuck with the horde or a shit-load of people will die".
    Yeah the whole Azerite system is just a husk of what made Legion great. They learned all the wrong lessons from Legion. This system is all grind, no reward. No interesting decisions to make.

Like you, I was a total altoholic in WoD, and am doing the same now. Wake me up when we get Artifacts and gameplay decisions back.

The downfall is when they lost/removed product focused people from leadership. I've seen it many times in my own career where a larger company buys up the smaller innovative shops in order to get access to their revenue and IP. Then they put one of "their" people in charge of the unit and that's when things start to go downhill. If you want a software company to remain product and customer focused, you have to put those type of people in leadership, not the scrubs they continue to find.

As a 15+ year vet of the game, I've taken 2 brakes from the game (one at the end of vanilla, came back for BC, and one at the end of Cata). Both of those only lasted a few months and then I saw teasers that got me excited about playing again. I was thoroughly upset at the end of Legion with all of the Ele Shammy changes, having played Ele since Cata. I weathered some pretty bad storms, but what they did was just make it boring AF and removed any class fantasy they actually had. So, I switched to warlock and I enjoyed that for a little bit of time, but alas, like most veteran players, I have succumbed to the absolute suckery that BFA is and decided that my time and money are no longer worth the waiting.

I've watched/read about all of the 8.2 changes that are coming. I will agree that I do see Blizz trying to change things, but at this point for me, it's a little too late. My ability to "wait" has been used up and I can no longer be patient for soon™. I do hope that they are listening to the community that does stick around and find ways to bring back the game that everyone loves. Most people seem to believe that is vanilla, I do not. Going backward will appease everyone for a little while, but I feel that will be ephemeral and most will yearn for the retail game to remove the elements that took away the RPG and community and focus on how to go forward, rather than escaping to the past.