Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So I just dinged 120 on my «new main». And here they talk about some gear that will scale all the way up to 425 in these zones.

Nice way to make me not want to gear my character up.

Guess I should wait until this patch to gear...

Ion once again trying to appear he actually operates on player feedback.

Heart of Azeroth and Essences
    Rise of Azshara is the fruits of a lot of Blizzard's reflection on feedback they've been hearing from the community since Battle for Azeroth first came out.
    This should be reworded to correctly reflect the feedback they had been hearing from the community since the first BfA beta PTR opened.

All of these wonderful fixes that Bliz are implementing based on player feedback were raised multiple, multiple, multiple times since day one of the BfA PTR however they were ignored in their entirety by the hubris of the dev team after all they have told you how to have fun the “correct” way.

Further, when you develop to a timeline it will always compromise the end product as it is better to launch an expansion with known lazy design and multiple bugs so they can drink in the money as soon as possible after all such bugs and lazy design can always be “fixed” in later patches.
    But reverting to the original “release when it’s ready” credo would be admitting that the development by time line method results in subpar expansions.

The Essence system functions much like the glyph system in that once you learn as essence, you are free to switch them in and out in either a rested area or by using a Tome of the Clear Mind.
    So exactly like the original glyph system with a proper glyph UI where you could make decisions based on player game style, the same one that Bliz removed in WoD.
    Again reverting to the original glyph system and UI would be admitting that the MoP glyph system was far superior.

There will be no time-gating in Nazjatar, but some reputation requirements to pieces of the major story for pacing and passage of time.
    Using reputation thresholds to advance the story feels better than rigid weekly chapters that you have to just wait until next week to unlock. There's something the player can do to speed it up.
    The “no time gating” statement does not guarantee the rate of gaining such reputation will be able to be levelled by grinding mobs out, the rep may be tied to daily quests and world bosses.

Benthic gear will help fill gaps in gear acquisition.
    The baseline Benthic tokens are BoA so you can use them to catch up your alts.
    So BOA gear tokens and gear currency are back, this is great news.

It took far too long for Bliz to finally to allow players to gain some certainty over gear set pieces with a well-tested system with a proven track record; why it was removed in the first place? It was probably, once again, due to players having fun the wrong way.

After all of the half-truths and outright lies that spew forth from Ion’s mouth I cannot just accept what he says on face value, I will wait for player feedback before I accept that things are really getting better.

This is "fixing it"? yeesh.

*looks at that shadowbringers early access in 3 weeks*

Thank god i have an alternative because that aint' cuttin' it for me.

A lot of good stuff, but I really don't agree with that class philosophy that they have. It is more jarring to endure large parts, or an entire expansion underdeveloped. There are some vocal voices in forums that will always feel change is not good, you cannot appease them if you want to evolve your game. But if a class is in such a problematic place that it's genuinely unfun to play, it makes people quit. The state of Demonology during Legion is a great example.

It's obvious that it is a planning/resource-saving decision, but honestly, I think it also shows that there is a bit of disconnect in realizing what needs to flow in the everyday gameplay, so it doesn't trickle through the entire game. Features such as islands or warfronts, are directly going to feel that much worse to play if you aren't enjoying your class, because all you do in them (realistically, I actually kind of enjoy the resource gathering for Warfronts but it's a pretty underdeveloped part of them) is combat. If that wasn't the case, maybe we wouldn't burn out so fast on that content.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    I literally quoted the definition of hard, it seems you were wrong a billion times.
    You are literally arguing that a game should be tedious and boring as part of it's difficulty. Thus your opinion is trash to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    So you're "fighting it" by being just as, if not more toxic? Not sure I'm following.
    Clearly you're not following, but that's a you issue, not something for me to remedy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Not to mention... how many people are interested in classic. That many people would not login to a beta stress test for a WoW expansion.
    LOL

Dream on. There are literally people paying hundreds of dollars for Beta access on Ebay from players that got it. One of the first stress tests on Betas is always just the massive horde of people logging in.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-06-01 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Yeah, Idk what kind if players they are talking about.
    LFRetards who can't manage to get out of fire or floating troll ghosts so that the raid as a whole needs to be nerfed to accommodate people the spartans would of left in the woods.

There will be no time-gating in Nazjatar, but some reputation requirements to pieces of the major story for pacing and passage of time.
    Sooo...Timegating?

All of you moaning like f, you know there are other games?

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    So I just dinged 120 on my «new main». And here they talk about some gear that will scale all the way up to 425 in these zones.

Nice way to make me not want to gear my character up.

Guess I should wait until this patch to gear...
    I'd still gear up to make it easier to break into new place. That and you get good start on the Azerite levels.

No class changes. Yeah, everything is fine right now.

I actually cant believe what I'm reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    You are correct. In vanilla, we had a reasonably good raiding guild put together. We had at least one shadow priest most raids, plenty of rogues for DPS, a warrior tank, a druid tank and a prot pally tank.. yes, the paladin was able to tank everything in vanilla that we ever faced... if memory serves me, we cleared everything up to Naxx and 2 or 3 of the wings in Naxx... never made it to Sindragosa or Kel'thazad.
    Don't BS. Paladins had no taunt and couldn't crush immune. Druid tanks could at least be mana sponges I guess but warrior tanks were the only tank you should be running unless you were cursed with having a subpar tank an officer gm or gm's friend. Paladins were also a mana based tank which yikes.

"Full class overhauls are something that happens in a new expansion update and not a patch."

Man Blizzard are just straight up pathological liars at this point. Before BFA launched and people were shitting on the classes they were like changes would have to wait until the first big patch 8.1, it comes around... nothing much changed... now we are coming around to 8.2 and they saying it's an expansion only thing. Imagine trying to string your playerbase around for 9 months (assuming anyone waiting on this was still around and hadn't already left) when you never intended to do it anyway.

Blizzard needs an even harsher wake up call than what even BFA & Diablo Immortal has given them.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    So exactly like the original glyph system with a proper glyph UI where you could make decisions based on player game style, the same one that Bliz removed in WoD.
    Again reverting to the original glyph system and UI would be admitting that the MoP glyph system was far superior.
    This is the part I don't get about Blizzard. I don't fault them for trying new stuff, but what they get wrong is that after they've tried something new and it fails, they won't revert to what worked previously...they just keep trying more new stuff.

I think the game evolving is great, I just think the major overhaul it gets every two years is too jarring and game changing. Focus on QoL updates, then change a thing or two; and always listen to feedback early. Too often we hear people give feedback during beta only to get flamed with "it's just beta, relax". The whole point of beta is to give feedback, and when the answer to beta feedback is, "try on live what you already don't like on beta and see if it's better after it's live" makes it feel like they aren't listening...and if their response is "but we are listening", then it feels like, "we just don't care"...which is probably worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    "Full class overhauls are something that happens in a new expansion update and not a patch."

Man Blizzard are just straight up pathological liars at this point. Before BFA launched and people were shitting on the classes they were like changes would have to wait until the first big patch 8.1, it comes around... nothing much changed... now we are coming around to 8.2 and they saying it's an expansion only thing. Imagine trying to string your playerbase around for 9 months (assuming anyone waiting on this was still around and hadn't already left) when you never intended to do it anyway.

Blizzard needs an even harsher wake up call than what even BFA & Diablo Immortal has given them.
    I never played my Shaman (which is typically my main) during BFA as I figured the "reworking & fixing it later" may never come. Did they ever get around to fixing Shaman or overhauling them?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Am I the only one who when he was hyped about the essences system, thought it would be actually spec focused and interesting? I was expecting it to be more in line with legendaries not in term of power, but on the interesting scale (not talking about the flat dmg boosts traits mind you).

I was planning on coming back for 8.2 but quite frankly, after playing on the PTR, I don't see the point.

I know, I know. I'm just a sheep jumping into the blizz bashing wagon... But hey, I played WoW vanilla beta... I played retail until last november... BFA is the first damn time I lost hope so hardly into blizzard. I wish they would do something to make me thing "Oh, yeah I really want to experience that!" but right now... their overall big silence... The way they seem to still be trying to cut corners on fixing the game...

I think they are trying to do just enough to not lose too much subs until the next expansion while putting all their efforts on that next expansion. I even think WoD was better than BFA. I stayed through WoD... I levelled a ton of alts, but I stayed through it. WoD main issue IMO is the lack of content. Some bad decisions too but... mostly how you logged in, checked your garrison and logged out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Classic was supposed to come in later and they just went "shit, let's put the priority on it so we can get back some subs! Which might work for me actually. But I'm so bitter and frustrated at what they do that I might not even.

Plus, I really liked Sylvanas's character before BFA. Now I just hate her and wish for her to die a horrible death. Which is part of BFA issues. They gave us a fricking mustache twirling vilain while talking about being "morally gray". I hope the next expansion is just us waking up after legion and it was just a bad dream from the emerald nightmare / N'Zoth and Sylvanas knew what was happening and just went "I'll make the most outrageous things to make the alliance understand that from now on, don't fuck with the horde or a shit-load of people will die".
    Last edited by Kalarm; 2019-06-02 at 06:01 AM.

Basically they are bringing back glyphs (essences) and gem sockets (punchcard), and portraying them as this new fun idea. Maybe a realisation too much was culled?

They really should bring back more Gem sockets and reforming. I’m tired of having little to no say on my character’s stats.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    All of you moaning like f, you know there are other games?
    They don't moan because they want WoW to improve or don't have better games. They picked WoW to have excuse for constant moaning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    Casual back then is not casual today that's a total fallacy, how long do you take on current wow to reach max level and how long you did back then or in 3 months?

How hard is to get geared now vs classic ? "Hard" oxford definition nº3 : "Requiring a great deal of endurance or effort". For the pedantic individuals.

Also "Braindead" as your opinion.

world record for 1-60 was 4 days 20 hours played, that was back then, by now much more efficnet routes have come along.

so i think they can lower it to 4 days played. no lifing that means just over a week of play.

even if you are a normla player, i doubt a normal player would go from 1 week to 12 weeks play to get to max....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    8.2 is the “Fix it Patch”? Last time I checked the PTR there is still Titanforging, CRZ, sharding, mediocre class gameplay, useless talents, and no PvP vendors.

I did spot 2 good updates in this post:
    1) Making story content rep gated instead of time gated
    2) Actually rare mobs
    some people liek titanforging
    people like crz
    people like sharding
    "mediocre" subjective mate
    useless talents? there will ALWAYS be useless talents
    no pvp vendors? ok and?
    it seems you are trying to make this the "i dont like it therefore it should be removed" patch.

i dont like shamans, they should be removed from the game, shit game if not removed, i also dont like pally bubble, dk anti magic shield, rogue stealth, and mage iceblock, remove them all blizz they are shit parts ruining the game, oh also remove pvp and mythic raiding, there game fixed, cause i say so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    I still don't understand where this "CLASSIC IS DOOOOOOOOOMED" mentality comes from, if it was so bad why did it sell so well and spawn a game that outlasted every other MMO on the market, im almost convinced the current wow fans just legitimately hate popular things because it's cool.
    why were leeches so popular? so why dont we bring them back, they were so popular and commonly used back then, why dont we use them now?

sometimes things are good back in their time, but then you go "oh maybe they arnt that good" or "maybe they wernt good at all"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Not to mention... how many people are interested in classic. That many people would not login to a beta stress test for a WoW expansion.
    yes they did, they do every time mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Anyone starting to get Destiny 2 vibes from the quality and language used around these updates? "This will be the fix-it patch!" "This will add so many new types of loot"

"This will fix the looting"

It sounds EXACTLY like Destiny 2, a game WoW stupidly tried to emulate throughout Legion with "legiondaries (aka exotics)" and the ridiculous updates of this xpac.
    uhh..
    l....legion released BEFORE destiny 2 mate...

also btw destiny did fix itself, forsaken made the game a major success... almost sounds like a specific diablo game that was shit, then an expansion came along that made it into a massive hit for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Benthic gears are just for alt right ?

The ilvls seem stupid.
    what? if you farm it you can get it up to just shy of heroic raid levels...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Don't BS. Paladins had no taunt and couldn't crush immune. Druid tanks could at least be mana sponges I guess but warrior tanks were the only tank you should be running unless you were cursed with having a subpar tank an officer gm or gm's friend. Paladins were also a mana based tank which yikes.
    allow me to correct you in regards to prot paladins (i had one in vanilla).
    1. you could get defense capped as a paladin, you had to use off pieces rather then set pieces in some slots to do so but it was more then possible.
    2. you actually had an easier time to hold aggro single target then a warrior since seal of fury generated a lot of threat and reckoning procs just put you ahead of so many warriors.
    3. paladin tanks were not mana tanks, unless you consider the odd self healing weaving a flash of light between slow boss attacks for extra threat mana. consecration was as or a little more useful as thunderclap in that regard, and that was the only spell you bothered with mostly other then the odd judgement
    4. our "defensives" were actually more powerful, the proper use of divine shield, blessing of protection, and lay on hands to negate incoming damage or save a team mate was the mark of a truly skilled paladin tank.

were warriors better tanks in terms of toolset? yes, were paladins limited in their toolset, offcourse, was the entire content clearable with a paladin tank or 2 in the team? donno, we had a rotating tank team in vanilla of 3-4 warriors, 2 druids and 2 paladins that shared the tanking between them and we were working on sapphiron when TBC arrival killed our main raid. we were not world first, we were not speeding through content, we did have enormous ammounts of fun and randprin, the thunderfury wielding paladin, tanked, healed and sometimes stood in the tunnel after mag and OOC rezzed people...

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    Basically they are bringing back glyphs (essences) and gem sockets (punchcard), and portraying them as this new fun idea. Maybe a realisation too much was culled?

They really should bring back more Gem sockets and reforming. I’m tired of having little to no say on my character’s stats.
    They've been doing it since Cataclysm; remove content and then add it back in later as a 'brand new feature'.
    It's despicable, but I guess as long as they never remove mog/pet/mount farming then the core skinnerbox demographic will never have a reason to complain.