Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Too easy getting a high kill count with guns, i like too see that with bow and arrow or a sword or axe. Well 11 is pretty low but still.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Low kill count, no one interesting died, isn't this just standard for the US? Why do we care enough for a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    What you quote was more of a discussion concerning how future generations become burdened and entrapped by obligations made by previous/dead generations, and was made with the knowledge that governments will try to hold power/property/etc. via regulation/laws while doing everything possible to undermined or subvert the populace from rectifying the situation (hence why he was proposing the automatic sunset of laws). This is why it discusses monetary debts and government decided how land is apportioned at length, as it addresses the government being the cause of monopolies and hereditary ownership and saddling future generations with debt. Jefferson's point was that he was against governments enacting laws/regulations that couldn't be paid by the generation that enacted them, hence the 19 year figure he surmised: if you make a law/regulation that you cannot be paid for w/i this 19 year window, the next generation will not be responsible for it.

This would have zero application to Constitutional rights, as there was a method implemented to completely bypass the federal government, and the rights are considered natural law that supercede laws made by the government. However, his discussion is still rather important when it comes to actual laws passed by the federal government that have generated massive unfunded liabilities that future generations will have to deal with.

From the responses I've seen thus far, a few people may understand, but quite a few individuals have no idea of why the 2nd Amendment exists in the first place, then start making arguments from a position of ignorance (especially when you think the government should have the right to ban/confiscate firearms). Irony is, dictatorships and authoritarian governments understand the reason for the 2nd Amendment extremely well, as their reign of terror and oppression always begins by disarming the populace of firearms and weapons. I could get into a long discussion of all the ridiculous arguments trying to explain away why it would be good to ban firearms, but it'd nearly pointless to argue with those firmly entrenched in their ways who adamantly defending their positions with emotion instead of rationale. I understand, it's incredibly easy to lean on emotion when it comes to tragedies, but that is also when those beholden to such emotions tend to be manipulated the most. It's no coincidence that governments try to steamroll laws/regulations immediately following a tragedy, as they know their constituents will be too emotionally invested to stop and reason while giving away their rights and livelihood to the government, and by the time people come to their senses it's already too late.

Debt was part of it to be sure. But he's also very clear that each generation should have it's own constitution.

Every constitution then, and every law, naturally expires at the end of 19 years.
    He also deals directly with the repeal process in the letter:

It may be said that the succeeding generation exercising in fact the power of repeal, this leaves them as free as if the constitution or law had been expressly limited to 19 years only. In the first place, this objection admits the right, in proposing an equivalent. But the power of repeal is not an equivalent. It might be indeed if every form of government were so perfectly contrived that the will of the majority could always be obtained fairly and without impediment. But this is true of no form. The people cannot assemble themselves. Their representation is unequal and vicious. Various checks are opposed to every legislative proposition. Factions get possession of the public councils. Bribery corrupts them. Personal interests lead them astray from the general interests of their constituents: and other impediments arise so as to prove to every practical man that a law of limited duration is much more manageable than one which needs a repeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

Before the dumbass redneck trash that like to muddy these threads with their idiotic notions that ignore the fact this is the only developed country where this happens regularly and is in fact everything to do with gun control: I'd like to point out I agree!

This isn't just about gun control! It is about capitalism too. People regularly going into work to kill their co-workers is not a good thing! No one ever points that out. Jusy saying.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    It shouldn't be that hard for the average sane person to put themselves into the skin of the victims. Hearing shots fired. People screaming. People agonizing. And then understanding the killer is near you, and you have no way to defend yourself, and no time to even say a prayer.

These events are not just some "thing on the TV". Actual people bled to death, their guts got spilled on some floor, and now their families will have to cope with understanding that somebody you kissed goodbye in the morning is no more.

I'm not trying to be graphic, I'm just trying to pinch you a bit, so you realize you're alive and others are also alive, and human suffering is real, and maybe you should care.
    If people care about something, they try to collectivelly change it at some point. Thoughs and prayers are just pretending to care.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Too easy getting a high kill count with guns, i like too see that with bow and arrow or a sword or axe. Well 11 is pretty low but still.
    Hahhahahahaah. You see its funny because its edgy. Being a cunt means you are edgy and cool. Hahahahahahahah. Funny joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post

From the responses I've seen thus far, a few people may understand, but quite a few individuals have no idea of why the 2nd Amendment exists in the first place, then start making arguments from a position of ignorance (especially when you think the government should have the right to ban/confiscate firearms). Irony is, dictatorships and authoritarian governments understand the reason for the 2nd Amendment extremely well, as their reign of terror and oppression always begins by disarming the populace of firearms and weapons. I could get into a long discussion of all the ridiculous arguments trying to explain away why it would be good to ban firearms, but it'd nearly pointless to argue with those firmly entrenched in their ways who adamantly defending their positions with emotion instead of rationale.
    Some Trump voting redneck with a truck who married his sister thinks everyone else is stupid....

It is like one of those old circuses where they dress up a donkey as a professor....

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yes let's just ignore the fact that those are some of the most heavily guarded area's in the united states outside of military bases so you can push your agenda. ESPECIALLY the fucking white house. is rumored to have installed anti air defenses after 9/11. you would have to be fucking suicidal to start something there. especially since secret service is authorized to shoot first and ask questions later.
    Well, considering most of these guys kill themselves..."fucking suicidal" shouldn't phase them much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

Quote Originally Posted by asdjasdjasdkasdjasdjkas View Post
    Hahhahahahaah. You see its funny because its edgy. Being a cunt means you are edgy and cool. Hahahahahahahah. Funny joke.
    Edgy what the fuck are you smoking it's a fact unless you can prove me wrong. You think you can get a kill count as brevik or the nz shooter or any other high kill count shooters/idiots with a bow or a sword? lmao. Maby if your a medieval knight with 40+ years of experience of slaughter.

Come type on your main account btw but oh right your probably banned lol.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-06-01 at 10:28 AM.

When 25 dead children aged 6-7yo don't make people protest against the gun industry, their politician and the enraged small dick white man...

You're pretty much a goner on a morality standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/31/us/vi...ing/index.html

11 dead, 6 injured, gunman is one of the deceased.

Thoughts and prayers, team!

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    When 25 dead children aged 6-7yo don't make people protest against the gun industry, their politician and the enraged small dick white man...

You're pretty much a goner on a morality standpoint.
    Mabye they should have given guns to the kids, one of them might have shot the shooter you fool. If everyone has a gun, its like nobody does, its how it works.

The shooter who opened fire indiscriminately in a Virginia Beach city building Friday afternoon, killing 12 people and sending at least four others to the hospital, was a disgruntled employee, a Virginia government source briefed on the investigation told CNN.

Death is funny am I right guys

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Another thread about pretending to care i see.
    No no, normal people do care about this. If you don't you probably should spend less time by yourself

- - - Updated - - -

I always find the gun control argument a weird one - there are 300 million guns in the US you'd have to somehow gather up and even if only 1% of gun owners resisted having their guns removed, that's still far too many and a losing battle for the US government. It can't ever happen

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No no, normal people do care about this. If you don't you probably should spend less time by yourself

- - - Updated - - -

I always find the gun control argument a weird one - there are 300 million guns in the US you'd have to somehow gather up and even if only 1% of gun owners resisted having their guns removed, that's still far too many and a losing battle for the US government. It can't ever happen
    Only one laughing is the guy commenting on my post, death is part of our lifes and happens all the time. If your going to be sad every time someone dies your going to die from depression. And please dont lie and say you care about those people or random people anyways and i didnt make fun of them as i dont do with dead people unless it's monsters then im all in on the fun part. Im just saying gunpowder was a bad idea lol, much more epic with bows and swords and take far more skills.

99% of all posts on this forum is offtopic anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by asdjasdjasdkasdjasdjkas View Post
    Before the dumbass redneck trash that like to muddy these threads with their idiotic notions that ignore the fact this is the only developed country where this happens regularly and is in fact everything to do with gun control: I'd like to point out I agree!

This isn't just about gun control! It is about capitalism too. People regularly going into work to kill their co-workers is not a good thing! No one ever points that out. Jusy saying.
    your burner account is burning...

OT: MENTAL HEALTH
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    You should quote them for a reply, but my guess is it is a country that doesn't have many of the same social dynamics that the US has. Such an idea would not work in the United States; at least not now.
    Why? Like “it is too different let’s do nothing” doesn’t make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Does anyone care anymore? I’m finding it hard to at this point.
    Those with a conscious and relatively traditional moral values care.

The issue is, as it always has been, is being so desensitized to it. I suppose that's the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Webtoolsoffers View Post
    The shooter who opened fire indiscriminately in a Virginia Beach city building Friday afternoon, killing 12 people and sending at least four others to the hospital, was a disgruntled employee, a Virginia government source briefed on the investigation told CNN.
    Good bot. /pat

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

People that care do something, people that dont care offer thoughs and prayers and make threads about shootings on a video game forum to pretend they care while talking about how to add armed guard on every street corners. Its kinda like when you are a kid and the lady at the church try to tell you when you close your eyes and pray you will hear god, you know its bullshit, she knows its bullshit.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-06-01 at 01:11 PM.

Only one laughing is the guy commenting on my post, death is part of our lifes and happens all the time. If your going to be sad every time someone dies your going to die from depression. And please dont lie and say you care about those people or random people anyways and i didnt make fun of them as i dont do with dead people unless it's monsters then im all in on the fun part. Im just saying gunpowder was a bad idea lol, much more epic with bows and swords and take far more skills.

99% of all posts on this forum is offtopic anyways.
    Ah. You must have been only 6 years old when you made your account - it all makes sense now.

Ah. You must have been only 6 years old when you made your account - it all makes sense now.
    Wow what a great respons, you got me there lmao.