Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Haven't touched it myself. Don't know anyone who uses it. And to be honest, I forgot it was even a thing until I saw this post. : |

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t personally use it because I’m anti social but I know my guild leader/friends do for world PvP events and for finding new guild members. Seems pretty successful for them.

I use it a lot for mythic raids, m+ and rated pvp, so yes
    getting into the good communities is usually merit-based which makes it so much better

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    Outside of originally setting it up as a joke with the guild I have NEVER used it. It is a bad version of discord and it doesn't have any features that make it superior to existing communication in game and outside of the game.

Huge waste of resources especially since it was the cause of many of the launch and post launch issues... To me it is the twitter integration of this xpac. Since this is WoD 2.0 w/ recycled M+ it fits.
    Care to explain how it’s wod 2.0 in any way other then you not liking it?

if its left like it is now. Then no, not really. If they evolve it and make gross realm guilds, then yes. we can do everything beside mythic cross realm. Why not guilds ? why limit guilds to your server and connected server

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    No idea how it works.

I thought that it would have some sort of window to check which communities exist, perhaps with filters to search by topic or something.
    Exactly. Browsing / search is such a basic feature and they don't have it, so it's pretty much a failure in my eyes.

I forgot it even existed until someone mentioned it in passing the other day truthfully.

Have they upped the limit from 1k yet?

On that note, have they implemented any significant improvements since its initial implementation?

That's the thing with Discord, it updates all the time, but I haven't read anything really changing on the Communities front. Sorta like that guild finder thing from several xpacs ago that wasn't updated.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-06-01 at 07:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a guild so i dont see a point for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Somewhat successful but Blizzard has done little to promote its use other than toss it out there. I'm in four different communities and it has been helpful.

It would also be nice if you could search for communities in-game. You can't but there is a forum location for it:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...es-recruitment

EDIT: For the record, I don't think that any of Blizzard's efforts to provide tools for social interaction in game, half-assed or otherwise, will be a waste of time and resources. By itself, the idea of having communities and being able to belong to more than one is a very good idea. Blizzard needs to push them more for players that come back, etc. and provide some sort of interface in-game for them.
    I like that they're making the tools too. Just seems like their social tools get implemented but not updated and evolved. They should have a small team dedicated to updating the social tools in-game and across other Blizzard games when they don't have anything to do in WoW for the moment. Not just personal projects that get implemented and not updated.

Its a good feature. I think communities cannot be a true success because cross realm, war mode, and sharding exist, so it cannot create a true in-game community that it otherwise would. But the problem is not with communities themselves but with other features.

I would improve communities by making events easier to organize:

1. add a filter for "community events" on the calendar. It has filters for Darkmoon Faire, Active Raid lockouts, Weekly Events and PvP brawls but nothing for community events. Also, some things on the calendar cannot be filtered out like holidays and microholidays (the thousand boat bash is on the calendar and cannot be filtered out for example)
    2. we need a timeline of events that have been added, in progress, or deleted.
    3. we should be allowed to add notes to players in communities. I know that can start adding up to a lot of notes, so maybe give toons an allotment of 75 notes that can be spent on friends lists and communities. Once it totals up to 75, then they must delete notes to add new ones.
    4. Add more functionality to the calendar sign up. Currently, when you click on the event in the calendar, you pull up a small window listing who signed up but you cannot right click them to whisper them or see their gear or ilvl or leave a note.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It was a good idea that got the bare minimum of dev effort and hasn't seen any QoL improvements. It's very barebones and needs a ton of new stuff to compete with discord. Basic things like searching, permissions, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a second, I was wondering what "community" feature. It tells how non important it was for me.

What killed the feature for me was the lack of a way to browse and find communities in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    What killed the feature for me was the lack of a way to browse and find communities in-game.
    Pretty much this. As long as there is no well-developed way to search and apply for communities then it has no purpose.
    It has potential to be good but in it’s current state it is just way too inferior to Discord to even consider using

Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
    Pretty much this. As long as there is no well-developed way to search and apply for communities then it has no purpose.
    It has potential to be good but in it’s current state it is just way too inferior to Discord to even consider using
    It should be superior to Discord because Blizzard has full access to game data and can deliver it in-game, which Discord cannot do. Blizzard just refuses to provide that functionality.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I am actually using it, unlike some of the other supposedly great features Blizzard added (like selfie cam, twitter integration, or in-game voice chat).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"